[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

I have one piece of feedback. Please change the colour scheme of either Portugal or Russia.
Currently, they are nearly the same (Both being a dark green). Either one could be a light green, or changed to a completely different colour (Eg- Purple)

Colors are set in a multi step process, all of which are set in xml.

CivilizationInfo has DefaultPlayerColor to set a player color.
Player colors are in Interface/PlayerColorInfos. Each player color contains primary, secondary and text colors, each of those are color tags.
Colors are set in Interface/ColorInfos and here they are set with RGB values, including alpha channel.

People should be able to experiment with colors based on what I have just written and report in color values, which look good and doesn't clash. The xml files are read at game startup, meaning a restart will be required to read changes. I don't think it would cause issues with savegames though.

I like the colors of the nations and natives as they are.

I have gone through the posts fast but have currently not the time to think about all ideas. Of course there are a lot of opportunities to improve the game. However, I have currently not the time to work on the mod.

time the most precious resource we have. I hope you'll be back . If someone has a desire - let's make a new submod ,I am willing to help and participate, but I don't know programming. If you show me what and where to change I will learn fast, write me a PM. the main idea is a balance. And maybe something new. I'd developed on their home market, education, the troops which the king gives, and would remove unnecessary products that duplicate other (woollen clothing, rope, Coca, etc.) and introduced to other interesting products as well would have made the salary for the troops

Great to see you back, I will remove the download from my site now as the new version is out and found a home :)

(FYI - DL count at time of writing was - 9030)

Cool to see that people are still interested in this strategic and immersive gem of a game :thumbsup: I am having a blast doing the stuff mentioned in my sig and we've made solid progress since 2.6 in terms of squashing bugs and teaching the AI to use game systems that were previously unimplemented for it:D.

The 2.6 version seems better when it comes to how the AI is playing in early game on hardest difficulty and marathon.
Could be a pure coincidence, but 5 restarts playing 300 turns have all been a better challenge for me.

Thx for making this the game with most hours played on steam for me :)

Keep it up guys, you are all doing a great job and making sparetime a pure joy for me!

Hi folks,
i have a question.
Does Civ Colonization (with this Mod R&R Version 2.6) run properly with Win 10 (64 bit)?

First of all thanks for the hard work on this mod, its really absorbing and adds so much value, to a game that felt really lacking.

I completed a game of 2:5 a few months back as the (French 1 plot) and here are my observations and suggestions, apologies if they have already been fixed or implemented:

Bugs

Russian heavy artillery moving (when witnessed by the player) causes lock ups that require a reboot.

A Native raid was not successful but I still lost money

Running Eagle formed a team with William Penn and this led to Running Eagle displaying Penns founding fathers as his own

Great admiral doesn't have a combat animation

Running Eagle declared war on Animals

questions

What's the point in constructing the village Well?

Do you only have one chance to stir up raids?

Suggestions / Observations

End game was far too easy with an abundance of free colonists from population growth and from having been gifted with too many free powerful units by the Church and Foreign powers

Possibility to refuse native gifts? As sometimes its inconvenient.

Revise the later military founding fathers, some of their gifts are excessive

Revise wagon costs. The later wagons are too cheap considering their abilities

Native do not utilise treasure. They should benefit in some way from capturing them

Remove invisibility from units, as this leads to absurd situations like the AI being boxed in and the AI does not know how to use it or counter it

Don't allow the AI to transform its Governors or Elder-statesmen into military units

The King of France decided to colonise my allies small islands rather than attack me

The lack of internal politics and "friction" from declaring independence. There are no entrenched interests, or defenders or loyalists to the old regime. Once you have 100% support which is very simple, your only penalty is having difficulty with trading with Europe.

Banditry and smuggling was a huge problem in Colonial and post Colonial Americas, it would be great to see this recognised rather than just fighting wild Animals.

Unique factional units / skins to represent the Rebel independence struggle. Such as Morgans riflemen for the British, Regiment of Mounted Grenadiers for the Spanish, Haitian Chasseurs for the French and Cossacks for Russia. Although it would be a struggle to find some for the Nordic nations.

Russian heavy artillery moving (when witnessed by the player) causes lock ups that require a reboot.

A Native raid was not successful but I still lost money

We will check that.

Running Eagle formed a team with William Penn and this led to Running Eagle displaying Penns founding fathers as his own

This is not a bug. In case natives form a team with European, the FF are shown for both.

Great admiral doesn't have a combat animation

This is not a bug. As the Great General the Great Admiral does not fight, he surrenders - and therefore has a surrender-animation. All works fine here.

We will check that, but should generally not be impossible.

End game was far too easy with an abundance of free colonists from population growth

I agree. Personally, I've modded my game to massively increase the requirements for pop growth / immigration. I found it to result in a quite enjoyable pacing.

@ Drunk-Monk.

I apologize, you are correct in regard of the Great Admiral. He has no combat animation. This is the result of giving im a combat strength of >0.

I work on that issue.

Edit: Great General, Great Admiral and Great Chief now have full combat animation. This fix will be implemented in the new version.

Last edited:
Do you only have one chance to stir up raids?
Yes, you only get a single chance, the AI cannot even use this feature and gets no chance at all! :smug:. I am planning to implement it for the AI along with another game feature that is currently not used by the AI. This should make things interesting for the player... :goodjob::p It will have to wait until after 2.7 though.

Remove invisibility from units, as this leads to absurd situations like the AI being boxed in and the AI does not know how to use it or counter it
I will look into this, I suspect that the AI was never updated to deal with invisibility. Removing the feature is certainly an option and we could give the ranger alternative, non-gamebreaking abilities.

Don't allow the AI to transform its Governors or Elder-statesmen into military units
Already implemented in my private build and will be tested soon, it makes sense that the AI should prefer the cheapest units it can find for military and it should certainly only use expensive professionals under desperate circumstances .

The King of France decided to colonise my allies small islands rather than attack me
This is a funny one, I suppose that the king behaves just like another (non-focused) AI player. I will look into this since the primary purpose of the king AI should be to attempt to conquer his colonies back.

Last edited:

I suspect this is because when an alliance is formed, the native partner auto-declares on the barbarians (which they are at peace with initially, but the europeans are always at war with).

For reference: please use the most recent version 2.6 and then post a save game (after confirming that the issue persists after loading a save from the same/previous turn)
This is the only realistic way that we can debug this. An alternative could be to "replicate" the same scenario with the worldbuilder, if possible.

Last edited:
Yes, you only get a single chance, the AI cannot even use this feature and gets no chance at all! :smug:. I am planning to implement it for the AI along with another game feature that is currently not used by the AI. This should make things interesting for the player... :goodjob::p It will have to wait until after 2.7 though.

I will look into this, I suspect that the AI was never updated to deal with invisibility. Removing the feature is certainly an option and we could give the ranger alternative, non-gamebreaking abilities.

Hm...let me think about it...no, declined...:D:p I like this feature. We should not change ALL existing features,...

For reference: please use the most recent version 2.6 and then post a save game (after confirming that the issue persists after loading a save from the same/previous turn)
This is the only realistic way that we can debug this. An alternative could be to "replicate" the same scenario with the worldbuilder, if possible.

I have tested the artillery multiple times...works very well...

Top Bottom