[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

@stefmaster Could you list the full path to the folder where the mod installed ?

I have put my colonization installation in a non-standard location:
C:\civ\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\

The RaR stuff is here:
C:\civ\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS\Religion_and_Revolution\Assets

In the Assets folder you should have this file: CvGameCoreDLL.dll and the following sub-folders: Art, Python, Res, Sound, Xml . Make sure you don't have another "level" of folders below this.

QUOTE="devolution, post: 14962895, member: 286699"]@stefmaster Could you list the full path to the folder where the mod installed ?

My colonization installation is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization 45.JPG

My RaR stuff is here: C:\Users\Stefan\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS\Religion_and_Revolution (My name is Stefan) 33.JPG

Last edited:
Yea, what I have expected. You have created another subfolder level. The mod content needs to be directly in the main mod folder called "Religion_and_Revolution". Please open the second one and shift the content directly into the main folder. After that it will work.

As devolution wrote. The folder structure is MODS\Religion_and_Revolution\Assets (and all other files - no further "Religion_and_Revolution" folder)

Can I install 2.7 directly over 2.6 or should I delete the latter first?

Given that Normal is 1.0x speed, and Marathon is 3.0x speed, shouldn't Epic be 2.0x rather than 1.5x?

Is there a way to reduce the chance of slaves escaping from my settlements cuz man they love running away from my coca plantations :p

Anybody Know about the zoom out problem at gigantic Maps? (black tiles) I remember there was a discussion long time ago. I can't find something about. Whats the last status?

Greetings
Renera

IMHO it have the root on the (IMHO) hardcoded GFX buffer of the game ....
The game buffers X amount of GFX tiles to render the "very zoom out" view (as it is no static map - he musst have an real time source of the actual game ..)
The buffer size is (IMHO) to small for maps that are bigger than vanilla ...
So -> on the Gigantic map, the buffer is filled with around the half map size - so you get in the upper part of the map only black tiles ... (no data) ...

I would not expect this can be fixed with modding (maybe with exe patching the buffer size can incrased - but this can have very bad side effects..)

Regards

Usually when you zoom out, the plots become black, meaning all you can see will be white clouds and units and cities on a black map. This seems to be some memory related issue in the exe we can't do anything about.
I was searching for solution for that some time ago, thinking it was just on my end. This was what I found, so I guess it's like that for now.
Also, in some other thread, someone mentioned that the vanilla game is not designed for Gigantic maps, therefore it displays only certain part of the gigantic map.

I had a problem with marking burial grounds and ancient ruins (sign mode when zooming out), but I found out about the hotkey Alt+S while not in Globe view to do that.

The ChangeLog for 2.7 lists a change "balancing of field workers".
What do you mean by that?

Do pretty much all natives hate me for having a military to defend my colonies cuz every time I'm about to declare Independence the natives war me and ffs even the Inuit who are the most friendly had -9 even tho I had never had any hostilities with them or failed trade negotiations

The ChangeLog for 2.7 lists a change "balancing of field workers".
What do you mean by that?
That field workers produce +50% yield in related fields.
Do pretty much all natives hate me for having a military to defend my colonies cuz every time I'm about to declare Independence the natives war me and ffs even the Inuit who are the most friendly had -9 even tho I had never had any hostilities with them or failed trade negotiations
This is mostly due to you steeling them land through cityborder expansion.

Apparently, the list of rejected founding father is maintained on a per team basis. When entering into a Permanent Alliance, founding father benefits are shared for all members off the team (see CvTeam::addTeam and CvTeam::shareCounters)
However, at the end of the latter function we find:

Code:
setFatherIgnore(eFather, isFatherIgnore(eFather) && kOtherTeam.isFatherIgnore(eFather));

setFatherIgnore()
The second argument, when set to true, records that the FF is to be ignored.

isFatherIgnore()
Inspect the current value (i.e. whether or not our team has ignored this FF)

The interesting thing is that we have a logical AND condition, which means that the FF will have to be ignored by both of the teams which have entered in a PM.

This is actually a semi-exploit IMHO, it should have been an OR condition so that the FF is ignored if any of the team members have decided to reject the FF. It simply makes no sense to have an AND condition since the other part is likely to be an AI (which will never choose to reject a FF) so adding a AI player to your team will effectively reset the ignore status of all FFs.

Well spotted! :goodjob:

Last edited:
I have got a question about yield on plots around a city.
I intend to bulid a city and in city radius there are among others two plots of grassland. Plot info shows me that there can be produced tobacco, hemp bred, barley, grain (food) as well as horses and cattle.
At the moment a found a new city there, horses and cattle disappear in the plot info, only tobacco, hemp bred, barley and grain remain.
Does that mean that now horses and cattle can not produced anymore? Is that true? If so, why?

@stefmaster
To breed horses and cattle (also sheep), you need some of them already in the stable (storage). I recommend getting at least 100 of each, because your rancher (or any other colonist) will breed the highest number of each type.
EDIT: The number 100 of each is correct for Normal game speed, not sure what are the values when you are playing on different speeds.

Last edited:
@stefmaster
To breed horses and cattle (also sheep), you need some of them already in the stable (storage). I recommend getting at least 100 of each, because your rancher (or any other colonist) will breed the highest number of each type.

That was not my question, I already understand production of horses and cattles using stables and having some in stock at the beginning...that is not the point of the matter!
My question was about conditions on plots where cattle and horses are able to produce. Once I establish a new city, plots around modify and no longer cattle, horses and sheep production is visible in the plot info. (images attached)
It just looks different before I establish a new city and after city is already founded. Look at images attached!
Where is the abilty of the plot to produce cattle, horse and sheep? Just disappeared!
Is this a bug or just a graphic problem? Is this meant to be irrelevant and can I produced horses anyway?

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 201
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 157
Top Bottom