renaming saved games

Kin

Chieftain
How do I rename saved games. I like to rename them to something I like. Like when I want to test something out and then reload and do something else. I want to rename it "Battle". I have had some success but mostly not, by just clicking in the name and deleting the current name and save. I must be missing something simple.

Open the saved game you want to change the name of (AFTER you have quick saved the game if you are currently playing). Immediately save it with the name you want it to have. Return to the menu, to the load or save game screen and delete the old save, then reload the save you want to resume.

Yes, it's convoluted, but it's simple just the same.

Or you could just go to "game menu", "save game", and then where the save name is on the left side type in the text that you want to name the save. The default shows in the box but can be changed.

I often use A1 to A9 for my save games. Not really necessary, just a throwback to older Civ games where A names would end up on top. But in the last two games, your most recent save ends up at top. Anyways, just click in the save game box, hit backspace to delete the text of your leader name and year etc., and type what you want.

I'm talking about ingame.

Open the saved game you want to change the name of (AFTER you have quick saved the game if you are currently playing). Immediately save it with the name you want it to have. Return to the menu, to the load or save game screen and delete the old save, then reload the save you want to resume.

Yes, it's convoluted, but it's simple just the same.

If you catch the error in intended name while still in the game before advancing the turn, just save it again with the correct name is the quickest way (you can optionally clean up by deleting the old save)
If you catch the error after you've advanced past that point, it's much quicker to use the OS rename function.

I personally just use the defaults.

I often use A1 to A9 for my save games. Not really necessary, just a throwback to older Civ games where A names would end up on top. But in the last two games, your most recent save ends up at top. Anyways, just click in the save game box, hit backspace to delete the text of your leader name and year etc., and type what you want.

That is what I'm talking about, it seem like it saves the game but when I go to reload it it's not there. I don't get any errors I just don't see it when I save again or try to load it.

That is what I'm talking about, it seem like it saves the game but when I go to reload it it's not there. I don't get any errors I just don't see it when I save again or try to load it.

Strange, I'm testing it now. Are you using a default save directory? Also sort by last modified. Typing a name in the save game box and hitting either enter or Save game (which should light up as soon you as you fill something in the text box) successfully saves it and gives the audio sound letting you know it saved.

Top Bottom