República Argentina (AoI Story)

Outstanding story! Very entertaining. You probably spend more time noting the alliances, peace treaties and betrayals than playing the game!

And just because you said that part of the reason for this is to help your English (otherwise I would never have mentioned it considering the typos in my stories :D):

and Uriburu never intended to brake that promise

In this context the spelling would be break. A brake is something used to slow down: "I put the brakes on to stop the car". On the other hand you can "break a promise". Break is almost always the correct spelling when it comes to the two - 'brake' has limited usage.

Looks good so far...

Welcome to CFC! I look forward to seeing your proto-Falklands War. :)

Woohoo!
I've seen a few of these AoI stories, but never one as a non-colonial power.

Read Hikaro Takayama's "Triumph of the Boers." He took one of the crappiest positions and was able to conquer several major powers like it was nothing. He stopped short of the USA simply because America had conquered everything from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, meaning there was no chance to establish a beachhead.

Do you think you can conquer the USA :lol::lol:?

With enough naval support and railways, it'd be possible to slowly pick off the USA's coastal cities...

It'd be easiest to make the major powers pick eachother off, though.

I like to make all the powers gang up on Britain, then the USA, then France, then Germany, etc. Let the top tier units beat the crap out of eachother.

I look forward to seeing your proto-Falklands War. :)
As do I! I can't help but think of a Bloom County strip from that time:

Opus the Penguin: Man, am I worried about my relatives over there...

one of Opus's relatives: After thousands of years of civilization, don't you think you can find some other way to resolve your differences?

[big explosion; the other penguins quickly waddle away]

Read Hikaro Takayama's "Triumph of the Boers."
Recommendation seconded.

T.F., any idea if he intends to continue/finish that one? The Boers and Angolans and Mozambicans did pretty well for themselves in your Italy story, too. The USA in that remained isolationist for surprisingly long, although if memory serves, they were willing to forgo the Gadsden Purchase entirely.

Hey, sorry for all the delay and stuff.

I was kinda busy... If I can call it that way. I 'closed' (stayed) 28 days in the army, which is almost a month. and the only weekend I came home in this period of time for some reason my Civ3 didn't work, and crashed after I moved on a turn.

Anyways I'm back now, I'll try and update today\tomorrow morning, if not I'll return this weekend again, and be home for 10 days (vacation).

:)

Spoiler :

Argentina is quiet. Everything is peaceful. the world is still at war, with Africa in total chaos. Uriburu intends to break down the silence in South America. he secretly makes plans to Invade New Granada, taking down the northern part of South America. It takes 12 weeks of planning.

Week 13

Uriburu declares war on New Granada, surprising the world.

Quito has fallen to the wrath of the Argentinian bombardments. It was easy. 4 MG's and 2 Colombian rifleman were killed without an answer.

Forces have moved near Bogota, New Granada's capital.

Week 17
Forces have moved near Bogota. Bombardments have started.

Week 21
Shock in Argentina:

North South America, which have been at war with Argentina (we declared together with Austria) signs a military alliance with Portugal against us. It continues with Portugal bringing in the Chinease.

In America everything is moving in plans. Bogota's walls have fallen to our artillery. Bogota is ours.

Week 25
Siam and Portugal sign a military alliance against us.
USA declares war on Russia!!! :eek::eek:

Medellin is now under siege. Our Artillery is just outside, taking down everything, clearing a path to our army to take the city.

Week 29
Forces are moving towards Panama and Ciudad Bolivar.

Week 33
Horror once again. Portugal and USA signs a military alliance versus Argentina. for the first time a major power is attacking us. Portugal brings in Mexico as well.

Panama is taken.

So is Ciudad.

Uriburu sends a ambassador to Caracas, new capital of North south America (new Granada), and signs a peace treaty. Argentina has a few more trouble to fix.

Week 41

Victoria sends a message, asking Uriburu to join the war against Uruguay.

Uriburu decides to take Victoria deeper, and offers a new deal:

Victoria will declare war against the Americans, Hispaniola, Mexican, Siamese and Portuguese in return for gold, and us declaring war against our friend - Uruguay. They take the deal.

Week 45

Concordia is ours, and we produce another great leader, making it 4 Corps.

Week 49

Bye Uruguay. Montevideo is ours.

Portugal and Italy signs a military alliance against us. once again Portugal.

Spoiler :

Week 5
We sign a peace treaty with everyone, other then Italy. a lot of wars have started (I have written down everything because that would have taken years :confused: ).
Map of Week 9 in 1908:

The world is still going nuts. America takes a few colonies in Africa: Tangier and Tombouctou. Ottomans increases their territories there. Port Moresbey was taken by Mexico. Madagascar is still 50% Spanish 50% Siamese (rest was seized, probably by Brazil).

Cya soon ;)

Spoiler :
Argentina knew a year of complete peace. While war rages everywhere throughout the world, South America is quiet. Uriburu still has plans to finish New Granada, but the plans estimates are for 1909. Meanwhile USA declares war on Mexico, expanding their Industrial field. France loses an Industry city of Limoges to the Germans, later taken by the Balcans. France returns Indo-China to their territory from Tibet, Spain continuesa to lose territories in the Philippines, and North Africa is still in complete chaos. Central America is the new 'Argentina' of these days, taking 2 colonies: Marshall Islands from Germany, and Bridgetown from Lowlands.

Week 49

Forces are moving towards 2 last cities of New Granada. our 4 corpses are in route to Puerto Ayora, and ground units to Caracas.

Spoiler :
Week 1
New year. It is the year we try to make whole South America ours, starting by New Granada.

We begin by attacking Caracas. It is guarded by almost 20 rifleman. We begin bombarding their defenses, we have around 170 artillery ready to do that. We hope that in this month we shall take Caracas. It was hard, but 20 rifleman taken down at the price of 3 Cav's is totally worth it.

Ours corpses have landed in Puerto Ayora.

Week 5

Almost a no-brainier. Our corpses smash their defense, taking Puerto Ayora, ending the war and eliminating New Granada. we now have control from Tierre del Fuego to the border with Hispaniola.

Week 21

Our next goal is Cuba. It survived for too many years. Plans have been made. we signed a RoP with spain, landing troops near Santiago De Cuba.

Week 25

Nuevitas is taken easily. only 6 damaged rifleman were there (Bombarded by USA forces I believe). Cuba is eliminated as well.
Meanwhile in this stage Mexico is completely taken by USA. They now control the whole North-America territory.

Week 29

Forces are now moving towards the islands of Hispaniola. Uriburu believes they survived many years as well, together with Cuba. We lands units near Port Au-Prince, ready to attack their base.

Week 33

a French rifleman decides to provoke war between Argentina and France, he tries to take over Nuevitas, but fails.

Our sea artillery takes down a bit of defense in Port-Au Price, and our corpses finish the job to take the capitol from Hispaniola.

Week 37
France and the Balcans sign a military alliances against us.

Week 49

the job is done. Hispaniola is out of the race too.

Map of the world at Week 5 of 1910
Spoiler :

Mexico's land it taken by the US. they now control Port Moresby (British) and have taken Fort Dauphin in Madagascar from Brazil. Central America loses Bridgetown to the Brits. Tripoli moved to France's hand, later switching to British control.

Victory Points Status
Spoiler :
1. British Empire: 1650
2. Argentina: 1480
3. USA: 1297
4. Lowland: 1202
5. German Empire: 1195

Power Histograph:

Spoiler :

Slowly but powerful. Our Power-Graph is almost as big as Russia.

Good update, but your images seem to take a long time to load for me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Top Bottom