Replacement(s) needed for 16-civ Rocky Pangea pitboss

Whiplash is a fairly sizeable civ (unlike Sarge I guess) and reverting it to Deity AI while being a vassal of a player is not something I'm comfortable with. Pausing the game until replacement is found (or whiplash returns).

Whiplash was at a score of 366 when converted to AI while Sarge was converted to AI when he had a score of 345 so they are being converted at roughly the same strength. Sarge definitely had a stronger army when he was converted to AI then Whiplash has.

The only real difference is that the AI will be the vassal of a player (although anyone could still make Sarge their vassal so even that difference is minor). Furthermore if anyone wants to have AI vassals then all they need to do is liberate a few of their cities and presto they have an AI vassal state.

OK guys I´ll take over after Whiplash. Please IGM me the necessary game access information

Whiplash's score is artificially reduced, being a vassal. Number of cities is what matters as the deity AI will instaproduce units in all of them, and I believe whiplash is well ahead of Sarge on that count.

As for liberating a vassal state, I don't think this is possible on the same landmass (pangea) and if it were I'd be against exploiting a deity vassal.

@Kemal - welcome to the game

Welcome, Kemal. :)

It's BtS V3.19 with no mods, and the IP host is kmbts.no-ip.org:2058
No game password needed to connect.

Looks like the game is down at the moment though (I assume while we were looking for a sub). Morgan - can you bring it back up?

The game is in civstats too so you can register there if you want to: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=1209

Registration password is cavreg

Cheers,
Munro

Whiplash's score is artificially reduced, being a vassal. Number of cities is what matters as the deity AI will instaproduce units in all of them, and I believe whiplash is well ahead of Sarge on that count.

As for liberating a vassal state, I don't think this is possible on the same landmass (pangea) and if it were I'd be against exploiting a deity vassal.

@Kemal - welcome to the game

Score reduction for being a vassal and number of cities are valid points however my concern was that we were unlikely to find a substitute for Whiplash given the extremely poor state of his nation. Now that Kemal has joined the game my concern is irrelevant. Welcome to the game Kemal.

Given that the civ hasn't been producing anything for several turns now due to lack of build orders, 1 or 2 turns under AI control to "instaproduce units" probably would have been fairer to give Kemal a more viable starting position. The civ has had the most extreme downsides of not being played with none of the upside (faster unit production) to balance it out.

From a metagame perspective, I hope that neighbouring civs will not take unfair advantage of the fact that the civ has been severely weakened due to neglect. It's not conducive to getting return players, if players are introduced to the game in situations where they are immediately eliminated. I've already lost one would be return player by introducing a friend into a similar starting position in another game and I would prefer not to see it happen again.

ello guys,
I am sorry that I forgot to play my turn yesterday. I will do it this evening, i.e. in 10 hours approx.
I promise to play fluently once I really start and get to the routine :/

ello guys,
I am sorry that I forgot to play my turn yesterday. I will do it this evening, i.e. in 10 hours approx.
I promise to play fluently once I really start and get to the routine :/
Does this mean that Morgan's hardware problem is solved, and we can expect NoPrize to be up soon too?

dV

From a metagame perspective, I hope that neighbouring civs will not take unfair advantage of the fact that the civ has been severely weakened due to neglect. It's not conducive to getting return players, if players are introduced to the game in situations where they are immediately eliminated. I've already lost one would be return player by introducing a friend into a similar starting position in another game and I would prefer not to see it happen again.

You'd have thought that would be the case but there's some pretty ruthless players out there...

Who'd have thought someone would hide units in the fog near the newbie's territory, in a position where the original player would have known their whereabouts (due to geographical reasons, said unit would have to have passed by one of the newbie's units) and then proceed to put them in a choke immediately as they start playing the new, already SEVERELY run-down civ, for the first time... :sad:

For that reason alone i will probably never sub into a game halfway thru again.

Game is back up.

I would suggest that there is 10 turns peace with Ex Whiplash Empire, let the incoming player have a chance. Otherwise we may lose a decent sub, if not i suggest a vote to worldbuilder all the AI lands from the game - a tasteful new ocean would benefit our world me thinks.

I can't play my turn because of a diplo screen. Could someone unpause within 2 hours (before I go to sleep)?

@Geronimo - I figure you are already asleep in France. With only four hours left, I'm leaving the game paused. I should be able to unpause for you tomorrow if noone else is. I'm also done with my turn so it's only you and Donovan that need to play turns.

@Subbing issues - it's character. Some players are ruthless, some are ethical, some regard this game as a matter of life and death (oyzar), some don't care about winning/losing. I myself have subbed for civs as badly hammered as Sarge's is on multiple occasions.

@Morgan - I'm against using the world editor on a running multiplayer game as it offers too many advantages to the side using it. I'm also against granting secured peace turns to subs; it's not in the rules, it was not done for subs that could have benefitted before; it's easily exploitable precedence for the future.

I agree about not worldbuildering anything - we've all put together strategy based on surroundings etc. and to have them changed so abruptly would be too disconcerting imo.

As for the 10 turn rule, it didn't seem like the worst idea, but if it is US, et al's decision, or plan rather, to attack that area of the globe then I can see how the rule would hamper their plan. But if that civ, the old whiplash civ, which i understand is a vassal of exploit, becomes a burden or disinterest for an incoming player to take over then i think a possible solution would be to have exploit control it, so long as he doesn't mind. It has been ~ a week since kemal has logged into CFC so he may not be the most dependable player.

USun, if you don't mind, what happened with the oyzar situation that caused him to drop civ completely? Was it that Donovan took over for Ras and exploited the situation at oyzar's expense?

@Morgan - I'm against using the world editor on a running multiplayer game as it offers too many advantages to the side using it. I'm also against granting secured peace turns to subs; it's not in the rules, it was not done for subs that could have benefitted before; it's easily exploitable precedence for the future.

Agree with US and slaze - I'd hate to see any worldbuilder changes.

As for the 10 turn rule, it didn't seem like the worst idea, but if it is US, et al's decision, or plan rather, to attack that area of the globe then I can see how the rule would hamper their plan. But if that civ, the old whiplash civ, which i understand is a vassal of exploit, becomes a burden or disinterest for an incoming player to take over then i think a possible solution would be to have exploit control it, so long as he doesn't mind. It has been ~ a week since kemal has logged into CFC so he may not be the most dependable player.

OK in the short term but would give Exploit rather a significant advantage in the long term if no replacement was found, so we should keep looking if Kemal doesn't come through.

I'd object to any enforced peace though. In general it seems rather unfair to anyone already planning, preparing or committed to an attack. Substituions are disruptive enough already, and any sub not able to jump in and take over and play the situation they find themselves in probably isn't going to do well in the long term anyway. We need players who are not just going to lose interest if the going gets tough...

If someone can be around to unpuase the game this afternoon (3-5pm EST), I'll be able to play then. I'm having the same diplo screen issues.

slaze said:
USun, if you don't mind, what happened with the oyzar situation that caused him to drop civ completely? Was it that Donovan took over for Ras and exploited the situation at oyzar's expense?

As for the oyzar situation, things had already blown up between oyzar and Ras before I even opened the first save. It would have foolish not to have played the hand I was dealt. :)

Back
Top Bottom