Replacement(s) needed for 16-civ Rocky Pangea pitboss

Ya the game is up. Just kunnigas left to play i belive.

I'm back and I've restarted the server. The game is still up (28 hours on the timer at present) but I can't get civstats to detect the game for some reason.

I'll keep troubleshooting but it might take a day or two to get it back up. I'll keep everyone posted.

In the meantime, the game is still up.... :)

has the turn shown on civstats rolled yet?

T92 still has 7hrs remaining (forgot to look at the date, but that shouldn't be the turn showing on civstats)

I've taken the server down temporarily to run some diagnostic tests on the hardware. Will put it back up in an hour or so.

Edit: back up now, with 42 hours still on the clock for this turn. Haven't figured out the problem with civstats though - seems to be something specific to this game. I'll keep on troubleshooting.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pull out of this one :(

Just seem to do my usual again: sub in a game, save it from the brink of extinction, and then not have time to carry on when things start to look up :(

Who fancies taking over?

Folks,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of the civstats problem and unfortunately something in the game seems to have got corrupted during the 600BC turn. None of the saves since then are working properly (it's not just civstats that's affected, the pitboss admin window isn't responding either). It's not specific to any specific save, or any specific server. I can reproduce the problem on multiple different machines.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way to fix it other than to roll the game back 2 turns to the 600 BC autosave, which I've now done. This has fixed the problem but I'm afraid we're all going to have to replay our turns again. Sorry about this folks but it appears to be the only way to address the problem, and it's serious enough that I think we have to bite the bullet and do it before we get too far on (and to avoid the risk of more serious problems further on).

Please attempt to replay your moves exactly as you originally played them (or as close as possible).

Hopefully as the game is still in its relatively early stages there won't be too much combat and other RNG going on, but please do your best to recreate your original moves and avoid doing anything different as the result of any advance knowledge you didn't have at the time.

If this causes anyone any major problems please let me know.

Whiplash might be up for it. You could try sending him a PM? (Note he seems to have two accounts on civ fanatics - not sure which one he is using at the moment so you should probably send the message to both).

I volunteer to be backup replacement! Looking to join a game at the moment...

It happens, munro, don't worry about it.

Whiplash might be up for it. You could try sending him a PM? (Note he seems to have two accounts on civ fanatics - not sure which one he is using at the moment so you should probably send the message to both).

He sent a PM and I responding in the affirmative.

Good stuff, thanks for stepping in whiplash. Kaleb's retired to AI so you can log in and grab his civ right away. He was Asoka I believe. (It's the only one on AI). I'll PM you the connection details.

Wing Wah - thanks as well for the offer. I'll let you know if anything opens up.

Thanks also to Kaleb for filling the breach after Earthling left. :goodjob:

Obviously someone find it impossible to play the same way after the reload...

Obviously someone find it impossible to play the same way after the reload...

You mean whiplash (having taken over for Kaleb).. Or is someone not playing fair?

Anyway, the good news is that we have successfully got through 600 BC without any problems, so whatever the issue was, it appears to have been a one-off. So far everything is behaving normally this time around. :)

Whiplash: this is actually a pretty informal game, originally set up as a team pitboss for the Cavaleiros team in the Multi-team Democracy Game (although we have a few non-Cav players now, and a few of the Cav players aren't really active in the MTDG any more... :blush:)

Anyway, I think the closest we came to a set of rules is below. Regular pitboss sportsmanship and common sense, basically. Shout if you have any questions though. Also, just note that vassal states and permanent alliances are on.

Have fun and don't forget that this is meant to be a friendly, fun and informal game so please don't double move, exploit the game mechanics, vassal mechanics, city gifting exploits when at war etc etc... (If you're not sure if something's an exploit it probably is just ask. :p)

Lastly, it's a good idea to subscribe to this thread so you can be notified promptly if there are problems or a reload is required etc.. In the event of any problems I will post them here.

Enjoy! ;)

Cheers,
Munro

Well, something was different anyway, I got a different result from a goody hut. Hard to replay exactly the same when your warrior is suddenly alive when before he wasn't. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom