Requests to the admin

r_rolo1

King of myself
In a effort to keep the discussions centralized and clean enough, I decided to create a thread to post all the requests to the admin.

The format will be simply "Team X asks for Y" . If you want, you can also state your reasons in public in spite of that not being mandatory ( you can send the reasons via PM to me, if you feel that the explanation contains sensitive intel ). And, to avoid cluttering, I will not allow discussions in this thread: this is simply for requests and my awnser. You can create a dedicated thread at will and discuss there the issue if you want, but not here ;)

Repost from other thread:

Could the turn timer be reduced a bit?

I see we have a real life turn timer of 55 hrs..
(I guess two days was intended..)

And as some teams don't end their turns, we could very well end up with each turn taking these 55 hrs..

Calanthian

yeap.. initial discutions must be ended by now, and theres just to move a warrior/scout from here to there by now... :b:
lets make this move forward a little faster

Magno_uy

I cannot make that decision without admin approval, so I suggest this is posted in the admin request thread as well in accordance to what r_rolo1 has requested.

Caledorn

Team Realms Beyond would like to second the proposal to reduce the turn timer.

In our earlier Pitboss games, we've found that a 22-hour Pitboss timer fits reasonably well with a 24-hour play window, but that it sometimes needs to be adjusted. Thus, we'd prefer that Caledorn gets the authority to change the turn timer at times to keep it close to a 48-hour play window.

Repost from other thread:

Could the turn timer be reduced a bit?

I see we have a real life turn timer of 55 hrs..
(I guess two days was intended..)

And as some teams don't end their turns, we could very well end up with each turn taking these 55 hrs..

Calanthian

yeap.. initial discutions must be ended by now, and theres just to move a warrior/scout from here to there by now... :b:
lets make this move forward a little faster

Magno_uy

I cannot make that decision without admin approval, so I suggest this is posted in the admin request thread as well in accordance to what r_rolo1 has requested.

Caledorn

Any decisions about this?

Ok, I've been out of reliable net contact for a couple of weeks ( this will continue for atleast one more ). I'm ok with the turn timer change ... it is summer and all ;)

Moderator Action: So, atleast until the end of summer and on a trial basis, the turnset duration will be 44 hours. I'll contact Caledorn ASAP on this

PB Turn timer changed to 44 hours according to the admin request. All teams please take note of this!

Is r_rolo1 still the admin? I have PM and emailed him on separate occasions and have had no reply.

I have to excuse myself since I've been in a very time extensive work in a net-less environment, so it has been difficult to keep up with the forums. Hopefully things will be better from now on.

r_rolo1, following the vote that was approved here, please reduce the timer to 36h during the current war. If there is a better way to reach you, I'm happy to oblige.

Sincerely,

Ceiliazul, representing team Realms Beyond

Ten days ago I posted here and PMed Rolo, and have seen no response. He has logged in since then (and therefore seen the popup from my PM) but has taken no action.

It appears to me that this game is without an administrator. Caledorn, are you willing to set the pitboss timer to 36 hours on the strength of the previous vote?

Ceiliazul, representing Team Realms Beyond

Ten days ago I posted here and PMed Rolo, and have seen no response. He has logged in since then (and therefore seen the popup from my PM) but has taken no action.

It appears to me that this game is without an administrator. Caledorn, are you willing to set the pitboss timer to 36 hours on the strength of the previous vote?

R_rolo1 sent me a PM, that I have responded to, so he has in fact taken action. I am waiting for his response before I do my part.

As for me taking an action without admin approval, I would prefer to avoid that at all costs as I am an active participant on a team. I would only do that if all teams clearly state they want me to do the timer change without admin approval.

Caledorn,

Thank you (and your team) for keeping the turn pace reasonable during your war so far.

Can you share the communication you had with Rolo? He still hasn't replied here after almost three weeks!

It has been over one month, without a peep from r_rolo1. In that time we've had... 11 turns.

In fact, Rolo hasn't posted *anywhere* at CFC since Feb 7, over two months!

Even if teams don't care about the timer, an admin is important for eventual disputes between teams. It's time to find a replacement.

Hi, Zagorn speaking for uciv

Hunter and Zioun who play regulary asked me to say that timer is bugged and turns are too long.

Maybe can we change something.

Uciv

Hi, Zagorn speaking for uciv

Hunter and Zioun who play regulary asked me to say that timer is bugged and turns are too long.

Maybe can we change something.

Uciv

Could this be because of the APTMod timer? The timer itself works properly now that the game is not running in a VM, but because CFC and Spanish Apolyton is at war, the turns take longer.

Hello guys,

To complete what Zagorn said, today the timer showed that the turn should have passed around 12am (GMT +1, hour in France)...Instead of that, the timer has restart for 44 hours...so its not 48 hours per turn but nearly 4 days for one turn !

It seems to me its becoming a little bit annoying, even in wartime, so i wonder if you would agree to accelerate a bit ?

Thx for your reply,

Zioun (for UCIV)

This is normal with apt mod, it is due to the war between Spanish Apolyton and CFC. Zulus play first and have 48 hours for this (a full turn). As long as Zulus don't have validated their turn, CFC can't connect to the game. As soon as Zulus validate their turn, they can't connect anymore, CFC can connect and a specific timer of 48h starts for them. This specific timer becomes visible to everyone when all the other teams have validated their turn (or their 48 timer elapsed).

A request was made some weeks ago to change the timer to 35h in case of war. As far as I remind no one refuse this request but the admin doesn't reply and this type of request should be validated by him according to rules.

In French :
Du au mod apt et à la guerre entre Spanish Apolyton et CFC. Le mod apt empêche CFC de se loguer tant que les zoulous n'ont pas validé leur tour, ce pour quoi ils ont 48 heures (durée du tour). Dès qu'ils l'ont validé, ils ne peuvent plus se connecter et un chrono spécifique de 48 heures également démarre pour CFC, qui peuvent alors se connecter. Ainsi ces derniers disposent également de la durée complète d'un tour pour jouer. Ce chrono spécifique devient visible lorsque toutes les autres équipes ont validé leur tour ou épuisé leur chrono. C'est pour cela que le chrono semble revenir en arrière.

Ok i understand this but even 35h seems a lot to me...maybe we should agree on 30h in case of war ? because its slow the game too much...

And for the admin, maybe we don't need it ? caledorn could play this role even if he is part of a team ? i have no doubt about his ability and his honesty !

Top Bottom