Revolution: with BarbarianCiv, Rebellion, AIAutoPlay

yah.

in AMERICAAAAAAH.

hdk

However, I don't it's spelled Americah anywhere ;)

I don't know if they change the z to an s for British boxes of the game, but most promotional materials online for Civ use a z (since the developers are US-based), so maybe it would be best to at least provide an American spelling version of these screens.

However, I don't it's spelled Americah anywhere ;)

I don't know if they change the z to an s for British boxes of the game, but most promotional materials online for Civ use a z (since the developers are US-based), so maybe it would be best to at least provide an American spelling version of these screens.

touché :)

Jdog, ill have those 3 versions uploaded later today

hdk

UPDATE Image 1 uploaded, .dds saved into a .rar
See attached.

Attachments

• LoadingScreenBGBeyondtheSword (1).rar
    777.9 KB · Views: 114
:sad: So depressed

trying to get revolution to work but dont know how

Jdog or any1 else - You have probably heard this already but how exactly do i modify and turn the components on and off - if someone could give me directins - i.e where the revolution ini( is that the options on / off file) file is ... because right now i have no luck finding it...

btw ur mod is awesome... i played it on Rise of mankind... but got too complex so i just wanted it wiht plain ole bts...can this mod be combined with BUG?

If anyone can help it would be a huuuge godsend

cheers

:sad: So depressed

trying to get revolution to work but dont know how

Jdog or any1 else - You have probably heard this already but how exactly do i modify and turn the components on and off - if someone could give me directins - i.e where the revolution ini( is that the options on / off file) file is ... because right now i have no luck finding it...

btw ur mod is awesome... i played it on Rise of mankind... but got too complex so i just wanted it wiht plain ole bts...can this mod be combined with BUG?
If anyone can help it would be a huuuge godsend
cheers

Heya,

Okay,
1) The ini file is in sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Revolution

Its called, surprise surprise,Revolution.ini :)
Open that, scroll down to :

; ------------------------------------------------------
; ------------------------------------------------------
[BarbarianCiv]

..and just read on from there. JDog did a superb job here, and Everything is explained.

2) For a mod that uses both BUG and Revs, see HephMod

Regards,
HDK

The mod works fine ( woohoo) but only on custom game and play now... all the components work... but hen i try the rhyes 34 civ huge earth map... it doesnt seem to work.. this map was listed as being compatible with rev... the revolution bubble pops up saying that the following components are turned off - revolution, barb civ, tech diffusion, minor civs etc.. only change player is on... do you have any clue as t what the problem might be?

Cheers ! ( should i psot this in the maps and scenarios section ? )

when i went to change the settings i entered 1 for single player only from zero... will this activate the mod.. does 1 stand for yes or no?

i do not have a revolution ini file and dont know why, but i have revolution with no ini on the end and it is a config/notepad file - are they the same... i presume so..

@Headlock:

Thanks for the image, it looks really sweet in game! One issue though ... it's very hi-res, a little bigger than my screen resolution and so some of it is cut off. Not really sure how to handle that ... any ideas? I don't know anything about DDS files, is there anything that can be set up in them to scale? I'll see if I can figure anything out from the Firaxis DDS files.

@K_I:

The map pack download has been updated to fix that problem, sorry about that.

Jdog,

Apologies, Finally I ahev the screen for uploading.

See attached below.
I used the original BtS laoding screen as my basic file, its 1024x1024 .dds, so it should work no probs.

I upgrade my screen a bit, and added a border n stuff. Hope you like...

HDK

Attachments

• LoadingScreenBGBeyondtheSwordRev.rar
    603.7 KB · Views: 146
If you really want to ...

HumanIndexModifier = 0.0

in Revolution.ini. If you're getting empire wide revolts there has to be another factor though, most likely having a low science slider (ie high taxes). The whole revolt launching system is being reworked also so you will have a much better idea when revolts are coming and why in the future.

I'm still getting revolutions even with this on. Less, I think, but cities can still overthrow me, and rebels can still appear.

How can I stop getting an alert evry GT about a revolution that appears to have been going on for about 50+ GT in a neighbouring empire >

jdog5000, I'm wondering if you are known with CTD's that seem to be linked to rebel civ's spawning. By game of RoM 2.3 keeps freezing almost every other turn. This always happens when a rebel uprising occurs. I've found a succesful way to fix the crashed by re-loading my savegames and enter te worldbuilder. Then I navigate to the city where the rebel uprise occured and remove all units in that city. In 99.9% of the cases the last unit I remove from that city is a spy belonging to the rebels. I find that curious as the rebels don't own a single city! My train of thoughts is that that spy performs an espionage mission but cannot return to its capital for there is none. Result: a crash.

EDIT: maybe I should've posted in the project & mod dev section.

I've been reading this thread from both ends - downloaded the mod and started to play it, so I want to really understand what it is all about. Thanks very much for the mod, it really makes Civ IV worthwhile! Plain Vanilla is just boring, I've been a fan since Civ I and played Civ III Rise and Rule for years. I like some meat to my game.

One question, or perhaps plea... please bring this game into full multiplayer functionality!? I am playing with some good friends and we are playing this mod. So far it actually works great, with only some OOS problems (worse case scenario have been solved by going back a couple of saves) and the pop up screen for city rebellions showing to all players. I'm concerned that my "friends" will depose me and give me control over my rebellion... hehe I guess whoever clicks first gets to choose the answer. It's also very difficult to deal with, as I can't play the game with it up and I hesitate to mess with my opponents civs. It stays up even after they choose whatever they choose. If you can deal with that pop up (both the informational one that comes to say your city is in trouble and the one that gives you options and it is whether the game pops it up, or the player does), we could really enjoy this mod together. (I think we'll be playing it anyway, its great.)

yeah I d like this mod to be MP compatible...to bring more players to the mod...
maybe next year I hope.

I play games online with a group of friends. We waited on Civ 4 for the right mod and I think we've found it. I've been reading through the 75 pages from the beginning and backwards from the end, but there is really just too much to cover all of it. Can we hope for a smooth multiplayer experience? Is there some way to deal with the rebellion pop-up so that it doesn't display to all of us every time one of us has a little problem? How important is it to install the multiplayer file that changes the settler?

We are really enjoying this mod - our last civ play as a group was Civ 3, Rise and Rule. We might still be playing that if the multiplayer engine were easier to work with. I love the complexity and depth of this mod and really hope we can enjoy it for some time to come.

Thank you all for your time in making this and trouble to answer questions.

Edit: Ooops! I thought my first message didn't post, sorry! :)

Top Bottom