RevolutionDCM for BTS

Is the scoreboard issue with civs that can't enter diplomacy resolved in this build? Or is it pretty much 0.96 at BUG 3.5 with no other changes (other then some unknown Python error)?

Is the scoreboard issue with civs that can't enter diplomacy resolved in this build?

"Start as Minors" is a great option isn't it? It slightly weakens the AI and makes it more vunerable to pillaging because the AI has a bit of trouble dealing with multiple attack fronts. However it still is very good and has just beaten me on monarch. Thing is, humans have it harder with "Start as Minors" as well not for intelligence reasons but because of "emotional" reluctances. It's just so hard to have to make peace with AI's by giving em stuff when you really don't want to give them anything for peace.

Not sure what the issue is you are talking about with the scoreboard. In BUG 3.5 minors now display in the scoreboard but cannot be contacted until writing. In BUG 3.0, minors didn't display. Is that what you mean?

@Keldath
Thanks. You know what modding is like. All up this build took a straight nine hours to put together and test, utilising three PC's for different reasons.

Have you noticed that a super powerful PC is next to useless in advantage running civ? One of the machines I have been using for testing is a Quad Core 9300 with a geo 9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3 and 4Gig of RAM. There's no real noticeable difference in performance compared to a laptop running civ as a core duo 5600, a geo 7600GT 256MB DDR with 2Gig of RAM.

That is good news and means that CIV has once again become a game that can be played on underpowered PC's. Long live this game.

Cheers.

long live this game indeed buddy,

thts a hell of a pc you got there....i dont think they even sell it in my area...
acctually, i have a laptop with dual core, and i was really supprised to see civ running perfectly on it,
ideed it is awesome.

and yeah...modding is like having a work without pay, we modders like to work ourselfs til our eyes cant see sdk no more...

keep up the great work man :)

If anyone is interested, the python error referred to in the readme of the latest release looks to be fixed with the attached file. BUG has "extra" xml that does not reside in the asset xml directories yet needs knowledge about the asset xml. "Unit Naming.xml" in BUG was the culprit, not being updated to understand the asset mod xml "unitcombat_spy".

Use the file below to replace the file in:
/RevolutionDCM/assets/Config/Unit Naming.xml

This *should* fix it.
Cheers.

All python errors that I am seeing are related to the auto-logging feature of BUG 3.5. Although it's a nice option, if you want to eliminate what probably are the only python errors in this mod, you could turn auto-logging off.
Cheers.

All python errors that I am seeing are related to the auto-logging feature of BUG 3.5. Although it's a nice option, if you want to eliminate what probably are the only python errors in this mod, you could turn auto-logging off.
Cheers.

Have you figured out why this is happening? I like having the logs, but just for this mod I can disable it.

@RPG
Yeah, I'm keen on next-war as well. At the moment I'm waiting on Orion Veteran to complete an Inquisitions version which I would merge with next-war as per last release. However may consider releasing a next-war addon on it's own. I'm kinda taking a break from modding for awhile and playing straight RevDCM games as "start as minors" which is very interesting stuff. As soon as Orion Veteran releases, I will be back to work though.

@Cripp
Yeah the autolog is great isn't it? If you switch it to html format, it comes up very nice in browsers. However it is buggy. Doesn't effect game play or the log itself, just certain aspects of the log report. I turn off attitude and civics reporting because they are a bit off from working properly. Then off goes the python error popup screens via civilization.ini but the python error logs remain on. This makes the rest of the autolog work fine and the annoying popups stop. It's worth including the unit naming.xml file fix a couple of posts up as well (post #606). That will be in the next release.

Keep us posted if there is any news on new BUG versions. Really, the rest of the interface is very good, just the autolog at this point and a couple of issues with the foreign advisor and minor civs.

Cheers.

Testing shows it should be a lot of fun. Late game espionage is still very interesting especially with respect to spy promotions and how they play out. I was pleased to see the AI stealing tech's in the late game from other AI's.

The space race against the AI is still a serious threat in Next War despite extra complexities in it's completion. The AI is capable of pumping out the space ship parts in one big effort. The other peaceful victory conditions are not hampered by Next War. I suspect that the quality of AI play improves with smaller number of civs on map sizes below standard.

On another addon issue, Orion Veteran has released another great version of Inquisitions. Therefore, by this time next week, an Inquisitions addon for RevolutionDCM should be posted.

Cheers.

@Kel
The thing with the Inquisitions addon that I'll work on this week is that OrionVeteran has included other configurable nice features like one religion per civ options and the re-emergence of holy cities options. Inquisitions will then add to the game generally it is hoped......
Cheers.

I think I've noticed one small bug which is caused by Revolution mod component - though it probably doesn't happen with regular BtS events. As you know RevDCM is merged to Rise of Mankind and I've also added many new game events to my mod. Some of these new random events are set to occur right after the event requirements are met and usually these events are global - now the problem occurs when barbarians form minor city state ie. new civ appears. Seems that for them all events have not yet happened even though some random (global) events do have happened to civs that have existed from the beginning of the game. Nevertheless it doesn't cause anything serious to the gameplay. I don't know how the game keeps track of what one time random events do have happened so I'm not sure if this is really a bug or just small event glitch in my Rise of Mankind mod.

Great to hear about the Inquisition addition - can't wait to test it! :)

zappara it's one of things with the RevDCM mod, it the base merge for a few mods... glider I think knows this, but it's still a lot more weight on him then I think he originally thought...

Hell I'm one of the peeps waiting for the next official RevDCM version so I can apply it to the Wolfshanze mod, and looking very forward to the next version with the new Inquisition set up.

@Zap
Excellent thinking about random events and minor civs. I don't know the answer but scepticism is required about this great mechanism Jdog has added to BTS. It's a question that is interesting enough for Jdog to ponder I'm sure.

@Phungus
Ok, will really prioritise the Inquisitions addon. I'm interested in it as well. Is there anything important about the RevolutionDCM component that needs fixing urgently? Next release will have a few bug fixes to BUG and Revolutions. I think the core is working very well. Of course there are some non-critical bug fixes I'd like to get my hands onto after Inquistions....

@Anyone
How cool is "start as minors". First few attempts have been really hard. Initially I thought the option had only a skeleton implementation with respect to post writing diplomacy. However I've got a game going now where AI's will take peace without having to give them anything for it, and it is not necessarily just when your power ratio with them is 1.0 or greater. Some flately refuse, others will take peace with a gift, others are happy with a cease fire. That looks good for the future of this option.

The big question that is still unresolved in my mind, is how the AI's make peace with each other. First few games saw them make buddy pals with each other and single me out for retribution. I concluded that there is something fishy with AI post writing diplomacy. However this game, AI's don't necessarily make peace with each other as a conspiracy against us humans. However exactly the way they make peace is not obvious to me. Do they just cease fire with each other? Do they actually bring tribute for a peace treaty? What drives them? More questions....

Of course military production is really really critical in the early game pre-writing. However it's tricky because financial and cultural advancement cannot be neglected either. On monarch, I thought that the AI was streaking a head militarily so much that a human could not compete ending in being crushed every time, but that is not always the case either.....

One thing I can say is that on "start as minors", the initial numbers of starting civs is a big determinant on AI strength. If you start with high numbers of civs (say 15 on a standard terra map), the AI's that are able to conquer other AI's become really really powerful both in resources and experience. That makes it really hard for a human I think. On lower initial civs (say 9 on standard terra), the AI advantage on monarch is not so obvious...

Another thing is that it's possible although not sure, that the aggressive trait civs get an advantage under "start as minors". The free promotion for melee makes it much easier to cope with pre-writing open hostility. Personally, I cannot make much progress yet on monarch, playing anything but civs with an aggressive trait.

Any thoughts?
Cheers.

hi glider,

i think there might be a problem with the sdk source code of 0961,

when it comes to finishing the compiling,
i get an error of cycityinterface somthing,

first i thought i did somthing wrong, but then i tried to compiled only the source code by itself (the 0961), and again i got that error thing,

you already know im quite expirenced in sdk compiling, so im 100% sure that its not somthing i missed.

could you please check this one for me, and see if your able to compile from the sdk you released?

thanks buddyfor any help.

Top Bottom