RevolutionDCM for BTS

You can do it that way, I suppose. Easier to just let the installer make the desktop and/or start menu shortcuts and launch the mod directly with one of those. Though you can tell the installer not to make shortcuts if you prefer, in which case loading up BtS first, and then loading the mod manually from there will work.

Yesterday I was trying to figure out why the strategy overlay feature isn't working in RoM 2.9 but didn't find any clues and python logs didn't show any errors. Is it working in RevDCM 2.7

Hi Zapp
Yeah it's working in RevDCM 2.71. I don't know a lot about how the code works. If you are using the same DLL, then can't be that. Must be python somewhere but where exactly I'm not sure. If you still can't get it going, I'll have a closer look. Double check that you have no custom key assignments in RoM assigned to ALT-X, CTRL-X perhaps?
Cheers

Hi Zapp
Yeah it's working in RevDCM 2.71. I don't know a lot about how the code works. If you are using the same DLL, then can't be that. Must be python somewhere but where exactly I'm not sure. If you still can't get it going, I'll have a closer look. Double check that you have no custom key assignments in RoM assigned to ALT-X, CTRL-X perhaps?
Cheers
It's BUG's python files and MainInterface.py files where strategy overlay is so it's not DLL problem. The shortcuts do work but I can't place the dots with mouse (city overlay doesn't move with mouse) and I've double checked that the BUG's files are identical in BUG and RoM except Maininterface so that's probably where my problem must be. Thanks anyway for the info - by knowing that the feature works in RevDCM 2.71 helps me narrow down the possible cause for the bug I'm experiencing... I'll take a look at BUG's SVN and see what I can dig up from there... at least I think they fixed the PLE option that is currently bugged also in RevDCM (phungus knows about it).

Hello again. I tried installing the mod but it asks for the 3.19 patch? I have Complete Edition i thought it was already patched to 3.19??? Or am i wrong?

I'll take a look at BUG's SVN and see what I can dig up from there... at least I think they fixed the PLE option that is currently bugged also in RevDCM (phungus knows about it).

I recently merged in the current BUG SVN into the RevDCM SVN. There were a number of PLE bug fixes in there; fixing the PLE is pretty much all Ruff hi has been working on as far as I can tell, and comments about Ruff's PLE bug fixes and improvements constituted the majority of the SVN notes in the changelog. Not sure if that's what you mean, but that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject. The most likely cause of your bug is an issue in CvMainInterface, took me a while to get the BUG SVN updates to work, merging in changes in that file is a serious PITA.

Hello again. I tried installing the mod but it asks for the 3.19 patch? I have Complete Edition i thought it was already patched to 3.19??? Or am i wrong?

The installer is correct, you are not patched to 3.19. It will not let you install RevDCM until you do so; previous to this check numerous users would install RevDCM and then have it crash, and blame the mod, so setup now refuses to install if BtS is not properly updated. You can find the 3.19 patch on this site here; look in the downloads section for the 3.19 patch. The installer gives you a web address of where to find the 3.19 patch as well.

Its me again =/ Do i have to install 3.17 before installing 3.19? I dont want to mess it up becasue if i do i have to reinstall the entire game =(

With the new(ish) installer, can I opt to install RevDCM to my profile MODS folder instead of the Civ4 MODS folder? I sometimes sync my profile between two PCs and I'm accustomed to being able to play on an unmodified Civ 4 installation with all my mods and so forth in my mobile profile.

In order to insure correct installation the installer checks for the presence of the BtS executable in the install directory, then installs the mod in the mods folder of that directory. So if I understand you correctly, no, you may not. RevDCM may not work properly in the mods folder for BtS in the my documents path though, so this is part of the reason the installer does it. Of course you can always install, then manually move the RevDCM folder to where you want it afterwards. You may also grab RevDCM from the SVN, and put it wherever you want as well, as the SVN has no installer.

Break through news for me on MP. RevDCM connects perfect in MP and plays through turns if you simply delete all the folders inside custom assets first on all computers. This finding comes from someone on Phungus's LoR forum. Please thank them profusely. Once RevDCM starts, it lays the folders back down into custom assets but it doesn't matter. MP continues to connect perfectly.

The probability is that custom assets has to be cleared out each time there is a new release of RevDCM for the sake of MP. This news combined with the possibility of Lemmy's MP code working for autoplayMP and his findings on 32bit v 64bit and we are so close to getting RevDCM working in MP it is not funny.

If Jdog's strategic planning AI turns out to work, RevDCM is going to be a very cool thing indeed.

Cheers and :goodjob: woooooeeew

My only concern is that will the weird and rare bug where it OOS on turn 1, with the strange icons on the city be fixed?

Yes Afforess it is. This is why I am kneeling in front of my computer singing chants.
Cheers

Just looked up the fix, and yes it works for me as well. Best news all week. Heck, best news all month. The stars really aligned for us, eh? ;)

What you have tried it on your end in an MP test? If so, double wooooeeww. Such a simple fix. See what Lemmy has done, is to create an autoplay that works in MP. He then plays through MP games on autoplay and finds cases where it OOS. Recently he has posted that the OOS issue is greatly reduced with a couple of changes in integer/float manipulation and in some sorting algorithms. These issues can be found so much easier with an autoplay that works in MP. For RevolutionMP, he has managed to play through 500 turns MP games on autoplay without OOS.

I'll do more testing I hope in the next 48 hours.
Cheers

What you have tried it on your end in an MP test?

Yeah, I had the symbol bug, and I checked, and I had some 200 files in the custom assets! :eek: (I have no recollection of ever using it either...).

Deleting the folder fixed it for me. :D

Is the Autoplay fix in the SVN?

Nothing is in the SVN yet. Great new for MP from such a simple custom assets find. I'll try to add the extra MP code to the SVN in the next 48 hours. Man if Jdog makes progress on the strategic AI, civ4 is going to be pretty cool for a long time yet. Civ5 will be much better for large scale epic games because of it's single unit model and multiprocessor support, but civ4 will have espionage and religion as well as revolutions. I suspect that because of the late game unit count on big maps, civ4 players will have to adjust their concept of how they play civ4, focusing on smaller high quality games on maps even smaller than standard. Huge maps and epic games will have to happen on civ5. The high unit count is what really hammers the turn times on civ4, but that problem is not nearly as great on smaller maps and single processor speeds are gradually improving. A quality strategically thinking AI and civ4 will be beautiful. Cephalo has proven to me that you can make absolutely gorgeous small maps for civ4 even for old world/new world games. In any case, smaller map games are perfect for MP play. There are big MP issues about a lack of management of multiplayer cheating, but that will be ok because quality players will know who each other are and exclude cheaters.

I personally do not agree with the criticism magazines and players make about civ4. Often people push civ4 out of it's intended parameters, and of course they will find all sorts of balance problems which they then falsely extrapolate to the game more generally. The beauty of a balanced civ4 game will always be found inside a narrow bell curve. It is such a complicated cause and effect game.

Cheers

Top Bottom