[RFC] 5,000 Years of CHINA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the year 830, the Chinese emperor issued the first of many censuses to take place. The Chinese government paid several thousand census workers to tally the number of citizens each household, city, county, and providence had. The government then used this information to calculate what the tax rate should be in order to sustain the country and aviod bankruptcy. They would then send several other thousand census workers to distant lands to estimate their populations. This information was used to see how China compared in strength to the rest of the world. Shown here is the first in a long series of censuses that still continue today:

You'll notice that the census workers also measured things such as happiness, wealth, trade, and production.

Shown here is a document detailing how China stood against the rest of the world. This shows that China held just about 44% of the world's population but just over 5% of the world's land area.

They also rated the top cities of the world, and all top 5 are Chinese.

These censuses were written on stone tablets and stored in public libraries all across China to be used freely by anyone. Several copies were stored for use for future generations. This was a blessing for modern-day historians as they used these censuses to get an idea of how the ancient world was like. Another result of these censuses was that they helped make libraries more accessible and more efficient, boosting sience.

EDIT: Am I the only one who isn't seeing some of the pictures I posted? The ones I couldn't see I'll put an attachment for.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 128
Yup, two first pictures load fine, but the last two won't load.

A great story by the way *thumbs up*

Everything works for me here. I see all.

Yeah, I know it's been awhile. On with the show!

Trijiin, a small village on the southern end of Japan, was founded in 840.

Gunpowder was discovered in 850 originally as a way to launch fireworks, but the military soon began using it as well.

The Parthenon, a massive stone structure that rests atop of hill overlooking Korea, was built in 850.

The Spiral Minarete was built in 870 to bring about an end to a 2,000 year long series of religious structures being built.

Attachments

• Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 131
Nice story. This looks like it's gonna be good! Good luck getting to 2000!

Next Update Soon?

Funny enough, I was just getting around to do that. I played up to 1500 and plan to do a MASSIVE update soon, today even. Alot of surprising stuff happened. ;)

Well, mine wasn't as popular. I suggest you read this thread to see what is happening in yours. There also is this little thing called "the report button" that I'm sure you'll like to meet.

Bobbtjoe tear your computer apart until you find the next chapter I Want it alive!!!

This post seems to confirm that he is IP banned. No update.

IP banned?

He can't register at this site again from the same location. If he wants to return, he'll need to do it from a friend's house or a library.

At least, that's how IP banning seems to work.

He can't register at this site again from the same location. If he wants to return, he'll need to do it from a friend's house or a library.

At least, that's how IP banning seems to work.

So he's not coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom