RFC: BtS Bug Reports

I think I was playing with this idea for Persia to make Shush historically accurate capital of Persia/Parthia and I got no workers... But regardless, I thought the starting tile must be always available for the human player. Isn't Python supposed to erase old culture and make the tile clean?

What you think about a city 1 tile SW from NYC that can work all 4 seafood. Does AI build there?

Hey guys well recently ive been playing the RFC mod that comes with BTS (its un-updated so far) and Ive been having problems with my computer crashing a few turns after I start a game with Japan. I have not updated to 3.17 yet by the way. So does anybody know why Im crashing.

Thanks,
Tank​

I think I was playing with this idea for Persia to make Shush historically accurate capital of Persia/Parthia and I got no workers... But regardless, I thought the starting tile must be always available for the human player. Isn't Python supposed to erase old culture and make the tile clean?

it doesn't erase the old culture, it trasfers it to the new civ (that's a BIG difference). I suspect you started one turn later than you should. It's happened to me a couple of times in RAND. Try reloading the autosave of the turn before the supposed spawn turn.

What you think about a city 1 tile SW from NYC that can work all 4 seafood. Does AI build there?

Yes, the AI builds it sometimes, it's called Philadelphia. And no, it can only work 3 seafood (fish/crab/clam) but has access the 4th one with the 2nd cultural cross. I routinely build it playing England because it allows me to whip a setter there quickly, and no need to bring workers, just send some workboats from Dublin while it's growing after whipping settlers there.

Hey guys well recently ive been playing the RFC mod that comes with BTS (its un-updated so far) and Ive been having problems with my computer crashing a few turns after I start a game with Japan. I have not updated to 3.17 yet by the way. So does anybody know why Im crashing.

Thanks,
Tank​

Try to update to 3.17, obviously. Delete old RFC, replace with the new one (1.184).

By the way even on Turn 3 the Washington spot still covered by French culture, even though American share is 66%.

That's because the plot is not in any of your cities cultural radius. A plot is in a civ's cultural borders if the civ has the maximum culture among the civs which have this plot in the cities cultural radius.

Thanks god; otherwise you would just be swamped by foreign culture when you capture a city ;)

Hello, recently whenever I am about to win one of my games, the game crashes while going to the turn of the victory. I have even re-played the ending to one of my German games. This German game I had won about a month ago and I was able to see my score, however now it crashes while turning to the turn of victory. Also the game never even loads the next turn, it crashes right after I press Enter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. These games seem to work for everybody but myself so I have not posted the saves, however if anybody wants to see them I can post them.

hey thanks tigrannes sorry cant believe I missed that

I have BTS 3.17 and RFC 1.84, and a couple of days ago my game started crashing whenever I would click on the mercenary button. Now I can't even hover over the button without the game crashing. I reinstalled RFC, but no luck. The only other mod I have is the latest BUG, but I've had that for a long time. Anyone know what's up?

It's a known bug, instead of going for the button use ALT+M for mercenaries.

Don't know whether mentioned yet or not, but my quest "horse whisperer" failed though I have built the obligatory six stables. (1st time instantly, the 2nd time (after reloading) only after a few more rounds).

It's 20 stables if you're playing the current patch.

Rhye promised to correct it in the next patch.

When i try to load your mod under win 98 i get the following error message
civilization4 caused an invalid page fault in module msvcr71.dll.
The Civ version is 1.74
The Hof mod does function normally.

unrelated bug under win 2k
As soon as i discover bronze working a stack of barbarians appears on top of a mountain I thought Mountains were impassable for units including barbarians?
The atached save is from two turns before it happend.
(otherwise it looks like a nice mod and i look forward to playing it.)

Attachments

• Huayna Capac Stone Age Turn 251.Civ4SavedGame
    422.6 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom