RFC Mesoamerica and Andes

Actually yes. I'm uploading what I have to SourceForge atm, and I also have a new turquoise resource almost ready to be posted.

Granted, things will continue to be slow if I don't get some outside help, so I want to recruit some co-modders :) The XML and art is mostly under control, but I haven't done much python or DLL modding. Also, the gamefont file is having issues :/

I'm willing to help. However, I can only do XML and artwork, so I can't make that much difference. (That doesn't mean my help is useless ;)) I can do the gamefont.

I don't know if I have much time. I'm already involved in 3 RFC modmods, my own DoC-modcomp and I want to start my own RFC modmod based on srpt's "blanc SoI engine".

It's a good start for a mod.
The map looks fantastic!
Do the city names are really called with those names on the map?
Or is it just me?
I would love to help, but I don't know much python or DLL...
But you can count on me if you want some help with your mod...
Keep up the good work!

Yeah this seems very promising indeed.

I have no knowledge on anything related to programming. But I may help, as you're working on the neighbour lands of my country (and our beloved Amazonian Forest).

Actually I would be able to help a lot more if the mod included more southern regions (up to Atacama would be perfect) and went on until 1900 AD. That would feature both the Paraguayan War (War of the Triple Alliance) and the Pacific War in the modern ex-colonies of South America. But maybe that's not your intention.

BTW I've never seen anything in the world of civ since Civ III that could feature an interesting Paraguayan War. Both maps I found (Civ III and CIV) were poorly designed, and mostly based on the rewritten history of the war, a fake version propagated in the 60s - 70s that tried to make Paraguay a Cuba of the 19th century, a place that magically developed itself from nothing into an Industrial hub in South America, with modern weaponry and an internal infrastructure that was the envy of South America. They even said that the rate of people in school age in Paraguay that were studying in the state schools was 100% (I'm not exaggerating, you can read this in most school books here in Brazil).

The story even dares saying that England felt threatened by Paraguay, as with their strong industrialism they would steal most of the english markets in South America, so England decided that its pawn Brazil should destroy Paraguay (an interesting statement, as Brazil had cut diplomatic relations with England 2 years before the War).

So if you want to feature this war, I'll love to help you with info, material and anything else I may gather.

@merijn_v1: What's your sourceforge ID? The main page on sourceforge is here.

Do the city names are really called with those names on the map?

No, something is messed up in the gamefont image that's screwing up the letters. The civ maps excel file I posted has the correct names.

Actually I would be able to help a lot more if the mod included more southern regions (up to Atacama would be perfect) and went on until 1900 AD. That would feature both the Paraguayan War (War of the Triple Alliance) and the Pacific War in the modern ex-colonies of South America. But maybe that's not your intention.

Unfortunately, I want the scope of the mod to focus on the pre-industrial eras. I may need help with the Amazon area though, so if you're interested you could research that and help with the city names maps.

Actually yes. I'm uploading what I have to SourceForge atm, and I also have a new turquoise resource almost ready to be posted.

Granted, things will continue to be slow if I don't get some outside help, so I want to recruit some co-modders :) The XML and art is mostly under control, but I haven't done much python or DLL modding. Also, the gamefont file is having issues :/

Great am downloading now. Response in a minute.;)

Wow! Mod is more complete than i thought. Still pretty buggy. Will take better note's next time to figure out what caused them.

@merijn_v1: What's your sourceforge ID? The main page on sourceforge is here.

The same name as the name I have on civfanatics, but without the _ .

I already saw the Sourceforge page. But what I meant is a root link, so I can preform a checkout.
(This is the one from SoI: https://sword-of-islam.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sword-of-islam sword-of-islam )

I think this is it?

I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with the gamefont file, but the last thing I did was fix the border between the jade icon and the cell below it. It made the health/happiness/etc icons show up correctly, but it also jumbled up the letters. :confused:

Why is the map cut off in the southern area of south america? Aren't you planning of making an Araucanian civ (or an independent civ there)? It was a chilean tribe who fought the Inca, but the Inca won. Of course they weren't completely destroyed, they are still alive and live in far communities.

The only real civ I could add by extending it that far south would be the Mapuche, and I think I could adequately represent them as barb spawns. Also, they would only be relevant in the very late part of the game. My goal isn't to represent every single culture in the region; it's more to capture the essence of the cultural dynamics.

The only real civ I could add by extending it that far south would be the Mapuche, and I think I could adequately represent them as barb spawns. Also, they would only be relevant in the very late part of the game. My goal isn't to represent every single culture in the region; it's more to capture the essence of the cultural dynamics.

Yay! BTW, can you change the stupid name firaxis gift to the incan UU? I mean, quechua was never the way they called their soldiers, in fact is an echological region and most peruvians and foreigners called the Runa Simi (incan mother tongue) as quechua, which IS AN ERROR. So you could call them Aucac Runa, which is the name according to the wikipedia. I never heard that name, but it is more badass and accurate. Don't dare calling it huaminca! Huaminca were kind of gods, and they never called like that their soldiers.

BTW, some incan generals names:
.Cahuide
.Rumiñahui (it means stone eye)
.Huallpa Yupanqui*
.Cori Paucar Yauyo*
.Colla Tupac*

(*): they were neo-incan generals, who tried to restore the Tahuantinsuyo defeating the spanish. They were after the conquest of the Incas.

I think this is it?

I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with the gamefont file, but the last thing I did was fix the border between the jade icon and the cell below it. It made the health/happiness/etc icons show up correctly, but it also jumbled up the letters. :confused:

Wierd. If I compare the URL to the one of RFCA, they are both structured in the same way. So it probably should be working. However, it doesn't.

If you right-click on the mod folder --> Repo-Browser, is the link in the URL the same as the link in the post? That is the link that should be working.

Yes, I should be added as a developer. I still can't do a checkout.

See the images for I should have. (Example from RFCEurope)

It could be that you have the files in the wrong place in the SVN. You have them in the "files". In the other SVN mods, only the regular downloads are there.
Look at the image. Your files are in the blue page, but IIRC, they should be in the red page.

Can commit changed files?

Top Bottom