[RFC RAND] English Civilization

blacksmit049

Chieftain
This is my first story about a Civilization.

Just comment if there is something wrong, not a perfect story teller really

I picked England to punch out the new world and become one of the strongest civilization born ever. There will be no goal, only opportunities. We will conquer and settle in every civilized land which depends on the situations, so we can be called "The empire where the sun never sets" if we are lucky. :king:

Difficulty: Viceroy
Map: RFC RAND, Large, Temperate, High sea level
Speed: Normal
Starting year for the map: Ancient 4000BC
Starting year for the English: Medieval 820AD
UU: Redcoat (Riflemen)
UB: Royal Exchange (Bank)
UP: Naval units have 2 extra first strike chances

I am not a good player so I play Viceroy, but I'll be better telling a story. :)

The English settlers started to have formal settlement in the Iberian Peninsula, shared with the Spanish on the left. With our King Churchill I, we settle the fertile and forested lands of Iberia.

We settle another two cities in the south to occupy the regions which will produce production in our upcoming settlement. Two cities from the south protected by our Southern Longbowman Division.

One settler was ordered to go to the north for further expansion since the Spain did not occupy the region. We will call it the Northern City, the Southampton.

The land from the south is not good for production. So I'll leave them to others.

II. Science and Exploration

The King order the progress in science and exploration. So he signed the Magna Carta, making the people of England to develop Science, Education and Philosophy throughout the entire Kingdom. Each city must build libraries to expand the profound knowledge of each English.

King Churchill I message:
"I hereby declare expansion of our knowledge through science and exploration, an important and urgent factor for the Kingdom of England. We will build Libraries and Forges to extend the boundaries of this Kingdom. And we will be remembered in the books of their history, we will show our defiant success in history"

Spoiler :

Then Queen Isabela threatens the newly formed Kingdom for 130 gold. As soon as King Churchill I receives the threat, he accepts and the throne pays 130 gold for safety and to restore order in his Kingdom. The queen was impressed by the attitude of the King so she allow the English to trade and explore throughout her entire Kingdom.

Spoiler :

A good news was reported to the King. A master bowyer has crafted a new bow, and it was implemented throughout the entire Kingdom of England. A great news for national security.
Spoiler :

We have seen the three emissary of the three Kingdoms in the East, namely the French, the Vikings and the Romans, the Persians happened to be the Vassal of Rome, a hinduist country. Traded my maps and they open borders, unlike Ragnar who is definitely have a good attitude towards our people so I just asked for open borders. We traded English paper and 70 gold for the Persian Buddhist Calendar and Literature, which is a good deal for our entire Science Progress.
Spoiler :

And from Rome, we stopped the 2nd Naval Division Galley to the Carthaginian borders who are really annoyed. So the Recon Cavalry was tasked to investigate the diplomatic matters against them. I guess the Galley Division will be watching the naval developments of the Carthaginians, as foreseen by our military generals as a national threat to English territory.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Of course after bad news there comes good news. The King tasked the engineers to create 6 amphitheaters in our cities, a great motivation from the Kings words. The great Amphitheaters will make England a center of culture towards games and entertainment.
Spoiler :

Again a good news, a great scientist was born. Name "Xi Ling Shi", it was his pen name. He discovered a way to boost production, but instead King Churchill I put him in charge of the newly scientific civilization and build the Academy in the City of London to boost the population to discover more.

Quote from the Scientist Xi Ling Shi:
"The English will lead the Science Exploration starting today with the Academy of London"
Spoiler :

Then we meet the Germans in their borders by the Recon Cavalry and a Japanese Scout in the Northern Hemisphere with our 1st Naval Division galleys. We attempt to make peace with the eastern civs so not to put our production to military than our Science. The King was mystified by the Japanese presence in the north, and the German religion which is Islam which affects the entire power in the Iberian Region.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It is 1200AD, Leaving the year discovering Philosophy and researching Education as part of the Science plan of the English.
The map of the English Exploration Department, as of 1200AD.
Spoiler :

The King is aware of wars and fanaticism of other civilization in the east as a result of Religion differences. In 1200AD, the King signed the policy of neutrality against any foreign religion that enters the Kingdom. Christianity was predicted to be our religion for France being the a Catholic and Spain as his neighbor.

Just leave your comments. Thanks, i'm leaving in 1200AD

That's an odd-looking Europe, you didn't mention which earth likeness you were playing at, but I'm going to guess high or medium.
Did Portugal already spawn? I was sure at first that they were going to spawn next to you, probably south, and cripple you quite a bit.

That's an odd-looking Europe, you didn't mention which earth likeness you were playing at, but I'm going to guess high or medium.
Did Portugal already spawn? I was sure at first that they were going to spawn next to you, probably south, and cripple you quite a bit.

Yeah, odd-looking and even the Portuguese doesn't appear on Europe in some of my previous games, they always appear in Africa along with Mali. :lol:

I think the earth likeness will be high, just as I play every RAND on high.

Next update will be likely today or tomorrow :goodjob:

In maps smaller than huge sometimes a civ will get omitted.

III. English Education, the East and the Africa

By 1200AD, King Churchill fell ill and on the same day he died. His successor, his son Churchill II has succeeded the throne by the age of 28. His leadership was not remarkable than of his father's achievements. Instead he continued what his father's achievement in the field of science and exploration.

In 1220AD, the Japanese Emissary arrived in the City of London. The emissary was sent for an important message, technology trade. Japanese Compass for English Philosophy and 35 gold.

And in the same year the we met the Russians on the east of the German border. The Russians, no idea of the west, has practically traded their Engineering skills for our Science tech, Philosophy and Paper with some lump of gold.
Spoiler :

And as the tension between the English Kingdom and the Spanish Kingdom arise because of some affairs that the English people are occupying some Spanish area near the border. They sent knights to guard and threaten to ambush our workers. Just to lessen the issues we give our map for FREE. That freebie will help us for incoming wars and conquest of new lands.
Spoiler :

The Carthaginians are hiding something in their Map Department. The southern hemisphere as told by the other explorers as rich and diverse with natural resources and jungle, but unless we pay some gold for their explored map they won't give it to us. We traded maps and some gold. And as soon the English explorer get the map, they've seen the great lands of what the Carthaginians called "Africa", unknown only drawn with bare hands.
Spoiler :

And there came the time, King Churchill II was accidentally killed in the London forest near the Spanish border, as there was no heir chosen by the King. The people formed partisans to protest the anarchy brought by the sudden death of the King. Until a woman name "Elizabeth" charge the palace with her own militia and power of persuasion, she succeeds the throne and name her the Queen of the English People. She restore peace and order throughout the Kingdom immediately, culture and science flourish throughout the Kingdom.

Her rule established the first centralized Monarchy in the Kingdom, as well as she patronization of the great people and power to amass the people to explore and lead.

She organized the scout in the East to explore until the end, and trade with the Asians, as what the Roman name and describes them.
Asian - type of people that live in the Eastern side of the world.
Spoiler :

The Horse Archer scouts the entire Asian Region for iron resources that are lacking in the west. And the scouts witness the battle between China and Mongolia for the military supremacy in Asia. The result was a stalemate. Leaving the are, there are no more stories that are heard from them. The explorers stay in Mongolia for years or maybe even established a settlement waiting for further orders for the King, without knowing the revolt from their Kingdom.
Spoiler :

The Queen decided to trade the bulk of maps to Spain and France for gold. In which they pay for a total of 240 gold. The Queen rejoices in the gold she collected from her two neighbors. The gold was expressed as the Queen's power to persuade people in her own choice
Spoiler :

And in 1350AD, the English entered the Renaissance Era. The Age of Enlightenment has been brought by the English into the world. With now leading some of the technology, we are advancing rapidly to the conquest of Africa.
Spoiler :

Then reports reached the Queen that the Horse Archer scouts reach the far ocean, the Chinese described the ocean as dangerous, because of uneven typhoons reaching the shoreline.

Account from the Horse Archer leader:
"At last we reached the sea, a great achievement for the English Exploration. If this is the end of the world then I will accept end because this travel will always be remembered in the hearts of other explorers."
Spoiler :

Then from the East, we go the west where we take the deal of having the English Education teach the Romans in exchange of their Civil Service law. A trade's purpose was just to strengthen the Anglo-Roman relations.
Spoiler :

Then in 1415AD, a great scientist was making it's name. sir Isaac Newton was leading the other scientist in his work for Calculus, making an advantage through the field of Science and Mathematics. The Queen asked sir Isaac to invent a machine to enhance Science and make a breakthrough. But sir Isaac Newton before finishing the machine died of sickness. His colleagues continued his work.
Spoiler :

And by 1430AD the English harbormasters discovered optics, as a result the new ship "Caravels" are being produce to maximize exploration through the sea. This marks the start of the Age of Exploration through the West.
Spoiler :

Military Advisor John Robert
"The Spain already has Cannons which are a threat to England if Spain declares war. And without Christianity, I cannot ensure safety within our borders, but the good thing is that the city of Southampton in the North is safe from Spanish knights because they cannot pass the Crumpy Mountains."

Note: I am currently shooting for Liberalism for free Astronomy, so I can lead the tech. Currently Izzy and Carthage have Gunpowder.

Sorry if my words are more of American than British :lol:

Any suggestions? :)

Achieving 2 UHV's for GA seems easy enough, you're the first to caravels and you already know a lot of the world so first to circumnavigate will easily be yours, and with liberalism you'll be two steps ahead of everyone else to scientific method, which won't be too bad to research since you don't have many monasteries, after that all you'll need is to reach the industrial age first which should be easy with all your great people.

Then beeline physics>radio would be probably much better than getting chemistry?

Carthage also has its caravels first but Rome pressuring him, it will be easier for me to circumnavigate and get Africa. Also Spain was my main problem, she attack me twice with cannons, my only defense was 2 longbowman. So this my 3rd reload. :cry:

As long as the story keeps going I don't mind reloads :p
Ah and I forgot to say earlier that I didn't notice the map's size, I always play Huge on RAND, my computer can take it and I hate not having all the civs.

This story is a sad story. Rome got Liberalism ahead of me and Spain declares war on me. Now I'm losing the tech race and my cities. Hmmm. Maybe I can change the story from good to worst and then exiled. I do not know the situations when exiled. Oh I exiled to Carthage in my last reload. :lol:

I will take a look at it first then see if I can take back my English cities.

When you get exiled you take control of another civ and you have to get your capital back in a set amount of turns.

Top Bottom