Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.3

@AbsintheRed Could you maybe still make adjustments, granted they are but minor?
Maybe. Not really sure when though.
I'm working on a new version of RFCE, want to release it fairly soon, and there is still a huge amount of work to do on it.
On top of that I'm much behind work schedule on Realism Invictus.
Having said that: I'm willing to take some part in keeping this mod alive. At the moment a rather small one though.

That'd be very nice. Personally, I think bugfixing and little polishings is what the mod needs most at the moment, while the density of civs in play is pretty good as it is, gameplay-wise.

I think this mod deserves its own subforum on the Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization main page, Its easy to miss it buried on the modmod subforum.

I think this mod deserves its own subforum on the Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization main page, Its easy to miss it buried on the modmod subforum.

That would be helpful, especially when searching through threads.

Small svn update: 203
Finalized* marsh terrain across both scenario maps.
Added remaining Dawn of Man texts.
Changed a few tech quotes.

Small svn update: 204

Fixed a self made error on the 500AD map
- Moved Korean starting position from Pyongyang to Gungnae and changed their starting units. Moved their flip zone to not include Pyongyang (their 500AD position needs to be changed).
- Added spawn of independent spawn of Pyongyang, Shenyang, and Seoraol for a more historically accurate Korea. Korea must conquer from the north as they historically did.
- Added copper ESE of Gungnae so Korea produce decent units.
- Moved spawn date of Shu (Chengdu) to 650BC (it would not spawn at prior 370BC date).
- Adjusted Han flip zone to flip Chengdu.
- Added spawn of Qufu at 700BC to represent Qi state and to prevent empty Shandong through most of the game.
- Allowed Pingcheng to spawn (top of Shanxi province) partially as a buffer for barbarians. It is usually razed anyway.
- Added barbarian spawn of Dongye to represent Min.
- Small text changes.

Svn update:
- fixed Silk Road manager
- Several minor updates (that were on my computer for a few months now)

Is it just me, or has Bukhara (as Numijkat) not been spawning for a while now?
I noticed that too. Editing citing spawns has always been tricky for this mod even though it appears straightforward. Sometimes barbarian units sit on one plot and prevent a city from spawning as well.

Making Bukhara spawn later (350BC) seems to fix the problem, but I'm still working on other changes before I can test through and make sure it isn't an issue anymore.

The Korean 1st UHV remains "not yet" after 550 AD since updating from 1.3.2 to the latest version.

I checked this with the latest svn, and it is not checking. I think Merijn will be able to figure out why it is not checking. There is a similar problem with the Gokturks.

The latest svn is not a working version. There's still several things that need to be adjusted.

Unfortunately I don't, but I've noticed that this is a common problem for any UHV of any civ which requires something to be done by/before/in a certain year.
UPD:

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0540 Turn 232.CivBeyondSwordSave
    109.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Can someone please link to me the latest version? I have not looked for years and I think the link is buried in this thread.

Using latest SVN, Silk Road Manager doesn’t seem to work at all and has no Exit button. Also, the Indo-Greek UHV1 didn’t fire...

EDIT: clarification and more issues

When I saw the SR Manager doesn’t work, none of the buttons seem to respond and the window seems to be too large for the screen, so parts are cut off

Playing as Yuezhi there is a strange issue with Resources not working, so not being able to use Iron or get Health from Wheat. Is this intentional?

Last edited:
Using latest SVN, Silk Road Manager doesn’t seem to work at all and has no Exit button. Also, the Indo-Greek UHV1 didn’t fire...

EDIT: clarification and more issues

When I saw the SR Manager doesn’t work, none of the buttons seem to respond and the window seems to be too large for the screen, so parts are cut off

Playing as Yuezhi there is a strange issue with Resources not working, so not being able to use Iron or get Health from Wheat. Is this intentional?

Are you using the latest svn? I remember having similar issues with the SR screen a while back because the screen size (of my PC).

I haven't experienced that problem with resources before, but Merijn has been working on stability within the game, so that doesn't make playing very easy (it is unbalanced atm). I'm hoping that will be finished soon.

Are you using the latest svn? I remember having similar issues with the SR screen a while back because the screen size (of my PC).

I haven't experienced that problem with resources before, but Merijn has been working on stability within the game, so that doesn't make playing very easy (it is unbalanced atm). I'm hoping that will be finished soon.
It is the same for me. EXIT button is partially hidden, and there are some non-clickable parts on the Silk Road Manager.
Sounds like there are some hard-coded size values for some widgets or subscreens there?
So it only works correctly on screens with the same resolution as you have?

It is the same for me. EXIT button is partially hidden, and there are some non-clickable parts on the Silk Road Manager.
Sounds like there are some hard-coded size values for some widgets or subscreens there?
So it only works correctly on screens with the same resolution as you have?

My old PC screen was basically a little box with only one screen setting. I always suspected the size had been modified but I have no idea where exactly to look or change it. My new PC screen is a small TV I hooked up, so it is big enough on default.

The Silk Road screen doesn't respond to screen resolution changes like the rest of the game normally does.

I think I'm stupid, because I can't play the mod : with the last Zip file and the SVN generated (twice on SourceForge), I can't play : the interface is not blocked (I can play any sort of game), and it don't finds the map (same bug on both versions). Maybe the screeshots will be more explicit, and I forgot to handling specific file(s) ? I only extract the mod in the right folder :/

Attachments

• Single Player Menu.png
    Single Player Menu.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
  • Scenario Menu.png
    Scenario Menu.png
    966.1 KB · Views: 235
Top Bottom