Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khift said:
Does anyone have anything to say about this?

oh, right. Well, usually a wonder builds units that are not buildable. This would be an exception and the wonder would be added to an already crowded period. Well, in truth, it is a nice idea; however the addition or the non-addition of this wonder doesn't make much difference.
What do you all think?

Blasphemous said:
Rhye, can't you add american lux wines simply with a different name? I mean, there won't be a very big supply of them, and there's really nothing wrong or unrealistic about wine-wine trade. Or dyes-dyes trade or trade of any other lux for itself. Especially if one of the types is rare.

naah. I think they don't deserve the increasing complexity needed.

Aeon221 said:
Anyway, I am glad you like the idea! Perhaps you should send it to the other testers to see what they think about it. Perhaps one of them has a sea chart with which to propose some route lines if the map is not going to be designed on a strictly aesthetic level ;p

I'll see what I can do. It could be whole lines, it could be fragmented lines, it could be the ocean as a whole railway. it could be nothing but a huge boost of naval stats. I'll try.

I've nearly added all the descriptions in the civilopedia. When I've done it and studied the lines problem carefully I'll send you the next version.

Okay. I finished my intensive German course just four hours ago, meaning I will have time to play again. I'll start a test game in a few days, once you release the new version of the alpha.

I have an idea, maybe we could build militias. They cost one population, and they have 1/1/1 with 2 hp. And they can't get to veteran or elite. This could be used for emergency defenses, (like real life).

Oh, and maybe they could cost 5 shields. Or maybe 2.

Nooble said:
I have an idea, maybe we could build militias. They cost one population, and they have 1/1/1 with 2 hp. And they can't get to veteran or elite. This could be used for emergency defenses, (like real life).

Oh, and maybe they could cost 5 shields. Or maybe 2.

1/1/1 isn't enough to contain a rush, even with more hps.
I think everything's fine now, except perhaps the name (militia means something of not organized, while those should be elite troops, the core of the starting tribe. A sort of royal guards, with the difference that there's no monarchy)

Well, you can build lots of them. But they cost one population each so you can't abuse this. It should cost 2 shields. And these are used for emergency defenses. Militias are non trained men. Like when a town is under attack, all the men goes to a building to get their equipment than goes out to battle and defend their land. They are suppose to be weak.

Maybe I should add this myself.

The militia idea is already implemented in the city defense bonuses and cheap unit line. It does not need further representation. Adding more will simply make playing RoX even harder.

My concept has nothing to do with untrained militia. Having 1/2/1 instead of 1/1/1 as AI bonus starting units is simply a way to obstacle early warrior rush, which is a problem since earliest versions of RoC and takes away much of the fun.
It only needs its right name. As I've said, something like imperial guard or royal guard, with the difference that there's no monarchy, so the name should be more generic.

I was referring to Nooble's suggestion, not yours Rhye. I have no real objections about yours, as long as you don't overdo it. A pair of 1.2.0 units should be more than enough.

Rhye said:
But maybe you're right.

http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/Human sacrifice

Here it says of Pagan, Norse, Celtic, Mesos and Chinese. No Jews.
Not sure to what religion Chinese sacrifice is linked.
Early shintoistic practices and other similar animalistic ones. Yes Shintoism originated in china.

Which reminds me...does Japan switch to buddhism later on? if not it should. It was only the Meiji Restoration when after the introduction of Buddhism that shintoism had any great power and even then heavy amounts of buddhism and confuscianism were still present.

Rhye said:
My concept has nothing to do with untrained militia. Having 1/2/1 instead of 1/1/1 as AI bonus starting units is simply a way to obstacle early warrior rush, which is a problem since earliest versions of RoC and takes away much of the fun.
It only needs its right name. As I've said, something like imperial guard or royal guard, with the difference that there's no monarchy, so the name should be more generic.

How about calling them Palace Guard (everyone has a palace no matter which government) and give them 0 movement to stop them wandering off. An automatic upgrade through the ages would be nice as well. The capital should be as hard to take in the modern era as in ancient times.

Asclepius said:
How about calling them Palace Guard (everyone has a palace no matter which government) and give them 0 movement to stop them wandering off. An automatic upgrade through the ages would be nice as well. The capital should be as hard to take in the modern era as in ancient times.

The palace has a defense strength now at 30%. It used to be more (50%) but it caused that some capitals were impossible to be taken.
I think that the name is perfect, but I'll simply make them join the spearmen line asap. Originally I did not intend to develop a whole new line, just a initial protection. Just like an action game, when you're invincible for the staring 5 seconds. BTW they will not wonder. It is very unlikely.

While we're at renaming things... Shouldn't Palace be given a more universal name that also represents Democracy and other non-autocratic gov'ts?

I had an idea a while ago that I forgot to share...
I was thinking, since in RoC the difficulty level is truly set by your civ choice more than the difficulty level, perhaps this could be made clearer in the civ selection screen. Since that screen's background can be edited per mod, you can color code the background area around the name of each civ by difficulty, with a little legend somewhere near the selection box. You could have five difficulty levels, represented (from easiest to hardest) by dark green, light green, yellow, orange, and red. That way you could make sure a player knows what they're getting into. And then you can change the difficulty levels so the lower and higher levels are a bit closer to the supported levels in hope of making the difficulty level of the mod a bit closer to that of the regular game. (High level tech costs don't have to necessarily be slashed that much, there are other ways to increase difficulty.)

Blasphemous said:
I had an idea a while ago that I forgot to share...
I was thinking, since in RoC the difficulty level is truly set by your civ choice more than the difficulty level, perhaps this could be made clearer in the civ selection screen. Since that screen's background can be edited per mod, you can color code the background area around the name of each civ by difficulty, with a little legend somewhere near the selection box. You could have five difficulty levels, represented (from easiest to hardest) by dark green, light green, yellow, orange, and red. That way you could make sure a player knows what they're getting into. And then you can change the difficulty levels so the lower and higher levels are a bit closer to the supported levels in hope of making the difficulty level of the mod a bit closer to that of the regular game. (High level tech costs don't have to necessarily be slashed that much, there are other ways to increase difficulty.)

Well, the used is warned of the civ choice differences in the readme, and the strategy guide has the strengths bars.
Well, the thing you say could be done AFTER the strategy guide is completed, because the civ-specific difficulty must be judged by some expert player.

Arsenal sounds kinda cool as an idea, was really cool in real life, but does not seem worth putting in unless it has a unique unit to spew. Otherwise, its kinda pointless. Besides, the AI builds so little in terms of a navy that the massive numbers of ships you would get from this would be almost worthless. If the AI gets it, they will be so confused it will be ridiculous! ;p

Besides, the Arsenal was a very limited phenomenon; how would you work it so that it is buildable with a comfortable delay without becoming obsolete before its completion?

Seems like a difficult question, but if it can be solved I vote to put it in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom