Rise of Darkness

Not yet. I really have only spent the last few weeks debugging and then I lost my DLL source files so I had to rewrite from the beginning of version .22.

Was looking forward to trying out this modmod, but FfH patch d isn't hosted anymore by Kael. Anybody knows where I could still get that patch?

edit: Forget this post, I got that patch, I'm stupid :D

I can't get the installer to work at all. Downloaded the file, it only contained an executable, likewise the patch. Fired up main executable then patch in turn, but no such luck. Tried copying FFH2 and renaming copy to Rise of Darkness, then firing the executables again, then ran a search on the term "Nikito" in file contents to confirm whether or not the load was successful, but I didn't find it. In short, I can't get this mod to work, what am I missing?

I think I know what is happening. I just got vista and noticed that the installer I am using will never work install correctly. I am making a new installer that will work now. It should be ready by seven tonight.

Patch K
  1. Finally Fixes Furious icon
  2. Updates to FfH patch g
  3. Forts can't board ships
  4. New Unit: Floating Castle 5/15 :strength: 3:move: Can be built by workboats natlimit: 4
  5. Removed spell delay on arm fort spells
  6. Fixed bCasterNoDuration thanks, Ahwaric

New patch to catch up with Kael's patching. Everything should work correctly now.

Hey Cyther, since you are updating your mod again, I just wanted to give a heads-up that my AI mod has been updated.

Hey Cyther, since you are updating your mod again, I just wanted to give a heads-up that my AI mod has been updated.

Thanks I'll see if I can merge.

Planning on using it for a tweak to the Pristin Pass, now that improvements can generate Culture thanks to Ahwaric. ;)

Oooo, That's a great idea. I'll have to do that.

I think I know what is happening. I just got vista and noticed that the installer I am using will never work install correctly. I am making a new installer that will work now. It should be ready by seven tonight.

I can confirm that I am running Vista. Will your code be available from the link in the front page? If so, I'll report on my experiences on downloading installing it, when I get a chance.

Thanks I'll see if I can merge.

Oooo, That's a great idea. I'll have to do that.

In case you're interested in what I'm doing with it:

FFPlus Ideas Thread said:
Guardian of Pristin Pass

I could see it being an epic fort... The thing usually pops up in a pass anyway, would be useful. How about this:
  • Each Guardian spawns with a different item fragment. If you can collect all three fragments, you can combine them into a decent armour, as well as allowing any unit carrying it to claim the Pristinus Pass, receiving a Gargoyle Commander and making the Pass into an uber fort.
  • Edit: Actually, how about a trade off... Each item individually is decent, but the combined item is only as strong as the others. Only plus is you can claim. So three decent items, or one decent and an amazing fort.
I'm thinking that a 4 tile culture range would make it MORE than worth it to capture them all, but you'd have to trade three good items for one, that can no longer leave the tile as he becomes a Fort Commander. ;)

Looking foward to trying K :goodjob: Cyther, can you tell me what the procedure is needed to install it? Do i need to make a fresh copy of FfH 0.41g and rename it before applying the patch? or can i apply over your current patch J?

To install you should start off with a new version of FFH then install Rise of Darkness. You can patch to K from that.

I used to include all changes from FFH patches so you never needed that but stopped at patch K because it was too big.

The installer partially worked. The files were installed and I've got XML files which contain details about Nikito etc, but when I loaded the game I hit XML errors round about the same time it was parsing the events.

To install you should start off with a new version of FFH then install Rise of Darkness. You can patch to K from that.

I used to include all changes from FFH patches so you never needed that but stopped at patch K because it was too big.

So, just to clarify:

1) Install Ffh2 and patch to 0.41g
2) Rename the folder to Rise of Darkness v.22
3) Install rise of Darkness v22 base files
4) Install RoD patch k

Is that correct? if it is, i am still getting xml error on load starting at the event files

So, just to clarify:

1) Install Ffh2 and patch to 0.41g
2) Rename the folder to Rise of Darkness v.22
3) Install rise of Darkness v22 base files
4) Install RoD patch k

Is that correct? if it is, i am still getting xml error on load starting at the event files

You are doing everything right because of my "symptoms" are the same.

Those XML errors are "more events mod" related, it seems.

Top Bottom