Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

BTS runs fairly decent in wine under linux [check appdb], but i'm not sure about the state of the mac version of wine, not sure if that's an option.

I'm not sure if this problem has been reported already or not, but my current game's great person growth just produced a lion! Then it sticks at -1 for great person growth and pops out a lion every turn! As cool as lions are, I'd rather a great person. haha They have power 1 and can't move from the city. Not very useful. Anyone else experience this? I'm using Afforess' New Dawn modmod also.

a follow-up to the last post:

The great person points in the capital are over 87million out of 3900!! and it's not stuck on -1 but increase by -1 each turn. strange

bootcamp is not ppc compatible. oh well...i guess people still use windows (i'm honestly shocked )

a follow-up to the last post:

The great person points in the capital are over 87million out of 3900!! and it's not stuck on -1 but increase by -1 each turn. strange

You need to post this in the ModMod subforum. Especially if you are using A New Dawn Modmod.

JosEPh :)

I was playing on Monarch on a large map and I attacked an opponent with 23 cities, over the course of 50 turns I reduced him to 1 city, and no civs emerged (yes REV was on, in fact 5 civs emerged on another continent) I think the AI is excessively stable on higher difficulties, despite being in stable civics I was grappling with instability as I acquired those cities even as I was rapidly setting up buildings while running 100% culture (I had a stash of 200,000 gold which I was buying buildings with)

I have installed the MOD, but when I try to load it nothing happens. It just goes back to the desktop and does not reload the game. I installed the patch, but it's still the same. Other mods (BTS content) work fine though.

The files were unzipped in the BTS's MODS folder, keeping the original structure.

What's wrong ? Not enough RAM ? I have 3 GB RAM with 2.6 Ghz CPU. I am using Windows 7, maybe that's the problem ?

I have installed the MOD, but when I try to load it nothing happens. It just goes back to the desktop and does not reload the game. I installed the patch, but it's still the same. Other mods (BTS content) work fine though.

The files were unzipped in the BTS's MODS folder, keeping the original structure.

What's wrong ? Not enough RAM ? I have 3 GB RAM with 2.6 Ghz CPU. I am using Windows 7, maybe that's the problem ?

this is in program files right?

Sometimes that will put "Rise of Mankind" down an extra folder, so that the mod is actually in ....\mods\Rise of Mankind\Rise of Mankind - if that's the case just move it up a folder to the right place. Also, what OS are you using? If you are using Vista or Win 7, you need to start as an admin. Check your username - if it has any non ascii characters that can influence the loading of a mod.

Gomer you are using Afforess' ModMod AND. The only time you will get a "Trade Util.....item..." is if you have his ModMod installed.

Now depending upon which version you are using, IF you used any of the Betas for AND and You tried to use the Mega Civ pack you will have problems. And especially if you tried RoM2.71 with any AND 1.5 Beta builds and the MegaCivs.

You need to go to the ModMod section and catch up on the Right combinations of RoM 2.8 or 2.81 with the Right version of AND 1.40 thru 1.52. To use the MegaCiv pack you Must use 1st RoM 2.81 (Lite or Full) then you Must use 1.52 and/or 1.53 patch for AND. Any other earlier combosWILL cause problems.

Time for some reading my RoM friend.

JosEPh :)

Thanks,

I am only using 2.81 and Afforess' ModMod. Not any Mega Civ Pack here. When I tried with RoM 2.71 I tried it without Afforess' ModMod since that is not compatible with 2.71 atleast not the version i have. And because I am not using Mega Civ Pack I am really confused here. My friend having no issues with the exact same files have a stoneage pc with"Vista" too...

I will try some more reading then and hope I find someone else with my problem and solutions.

Again thanks.

I found the origin of the problem. The rar file was damaged. I downloaded it again and it worked.

I've been having this really weird thing go on, Wang Kon I only see parts of his at and some other stuff and the rest of him is invisible, I have a red bar at the top of Kublai Khan's screen and Mehmed is this really bizarre thing where most of is is red but some isn't

A screenshot is worth a 1000 words.

JosEPh

refuel in air is listed as +1 movement should be +1 operational air

ggm

I am still having the BUG BeginTurnHandler and RecievedTechHanler error messages at the beginning of every turn.
I remember that Zappara asked for python logs when these errors were first reported. Have you received one by now? If not, I will glady send you mine, if somebody tells me how to get it.

i cannot start the game....

when i load the mod and enter the first screen the picture with the menu flashes and i can hardly read what it say...

then when i press single player the game crash

i use win xp sp3, and rom 2.81 mega

I had vanilla 2.8 rom, and it worked fairly well some ctds....but my question is I just deleted all of the rom folders and downloaded the rom mega and the first game I started as custom, crashed with a c++ error. So I tried again to load but it seems to sit in limbo for a while then ctd with no message. Sorry if the answer is explained earlier, but any help would be awesome!!! THANKS

Yeah I get schema errors or run time errors when i try to load a game in RoM mega pack. Odd, because i was able to load giant earth and Eurasia maps in normal RoM starting with 15+ civs, but regardless of size or speed im unable to load anything in mega pack. Kinda frustrating because i wanted to try out certain new civs.

@wade69 and Xoatl_169, many people's machines just can't cope with the mega pack. You will need to turn off a few, about 5 seems to work. Someone else will need to tell you how as I have forgotten.

Didnt know where else to put this, so here it is, the Megapack.

Where are all the Custom ArtStyles for those extra civs? ie: Apache, there are alot of units listed but no ArtStyles for them, etc?

Top Bottom