Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

and how do you turn off uac my good sir:king::goodjob:

Control Panel/User Accounts/ then look for User Account Control or whatever it is called. When you get to the page with the scale, just move it all the way to the below and bingo! it is off.

NOTICE: THIS IS FOR WINDOWS 7 ONLY!

I keep getting CTDs every 5-10 turns or so on 2.91. If I reload, I get another 5-10 before it crashes again.

This is the error (on XP Home SP3):

Faulting application civ4beyondsword.exe, version 3.1.9.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5755, fault address 0x00011689.

I've also attached whatever logs I spotted after the latest crash.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

If it is crashing because of ntdll, it is a problem with your computer. Uninstall Civ4, make sure Windows is fully patched, update your graphics drivers, then reinstall.

It's strange. I haven't had any issues playing vanilla or RevolutionDCM. This only started after dropping in ROM.

I suppose I'll give the suggested fix a shot and see what happens.

hi, the game crashes to desktop everytime I try to trade maps. I play with gigantic map and when others ai players try to trade map or I ask for, every time crashes and I have two warning messages: first "failed to allocate video memory. please try reducing your graphic setting. File:\main\civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDx9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:321"
an then the second message is "Runtime error! The application has request the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact...etc"

Please help me.
I got a desktop pc i7 920, 3 gb ram, ati radeon hd 4870, windows hp.

Please help, thanks

hi guys ...
i have a very nerved problem ...
the terrain "improvement" "vertical farm" have graphic bugs ...
after building it, its shadows flicker whole time every time i move the map and change camera perspektive ... if dont move and stand still it takes 1-2 seconds, than the flickering of the vertical farm shadows stopss until i move the map again ... and this dont stopps - every time i move map it is flickering on ground all the shadows of the vertical farm.
what to do ?
i tryed every option possibility in the graphic options ... but i cannt fixe it ...
i wonder because ONLY at this improvement this bug will happen ... all others i dont have problems all displayed nice like it had to be ...
i have all newest driver installed and have a well pc system - dont have any problems in other games. only by the vertical farm

is there a way to fix it ?
i love this mod but if you have some towns and all these town have a couple of vertical farms, its very nerved to see the whole pc screen flickering up all the shadow bugs at the farms by moving the map ... if i do it to long i will get a heavy eye cancer

hi, the game crashes to desktop everytime I try to trade maps. I play with gigantic map and when others ai players try to trade map or I ask for, every time crashes and I have two warning messages: first "failed to allocate video memory. please try reducing your graphic setting. File:\main\civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDx9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:321"
an then the second message is "Runtime error! The application has request the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact...etc"

Please help me.
I got a desktop pc i7 920, 3 gb ram, ati radeon hd 4870, windows hp.

Please help, thanks

Play on smaller maps. Your pc is not high-end enough to play gigantic.

Probably not just a RoM problem but why are corporations so unrealistic? They are way too expensive to be worth it. Getting 4 gold in my capital minus the 16+inflation (which makes it more like 32 cost in industrial era) for each city I spread it to is just plain ******ed. Even with capital improvements that increase $ bonuses it is still an economic hindrance to form companies especially given inflation. Was this how it was intended to work?

If so then I guess this game was created by people who just plain don't understand economics. And while we are on the topic, the country by country trade negotiations for resources is also completely unrealistic. Resources should be purchased on the world market via supply/demand to indicate price.

Basically, all the corporation/trade aspects of this game are broken. Is there a mod that fixes any of this?

And yes I know it is just a game and a lot of things are unrealistic (like choosing buildings or having worker units roaming the countryside) but the corporations/resource trade aspects seem like it could be an easy fix...

If it is crashing because of ntdll, it is a problem with your computer. Uninstall Civ4, make sure Windows is fully patched, update your graphics drivers, then reinstall.

Done. Even downloaded from FileFront instead of using the torrent in the remote chance that that might have been the issue.

Played Suleiman until about 1450, on snail, with no issues. Feeling pretty good about that. Then ran Henry VIII on marathon, crashed again about 50 turns in. Same reason.

No other application returns an ntdll error. Not Civ4 with any other mods, not Dragon Age, not ME1 or ME2, Photoshop, etc... I've never even seen an ntdll error on my machine before. This really leads me to believe something in ROM hates me.

I'm going to try a workaround (NLSPATH System Variable) and see how that goes. It's pretty much the extent of what I can do on my end. I'm hoping it works, from what I've played I really enjoy this mod.

hello, i've been having this error in almost every new game i make , and its every turn and im not sure what it is.

Top Bottom