Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

Newbie question:

I'm playing Civ 4 again after realizing that Civ 5 isn't pleasing me (too shallow, simplistic).

I've played RAND before (last year) and i want to play it again. Should i go with the "official" 1.75 + 1.75C patch or should i just update for the latest beta? Is there anyting in the beta that's really annoying or unplayable?

Thank for your answers and awesome work. :)

The beta is always cool ;). Just kidding, of course.

But yeah I recommend you play with beta because it speed the game some (due to Koshling's work) and few other cleanups done.

I would've probably loved this mod if it was not for the clutter with new buildings, techs.. bit too much for me, but great work though :)

I would've probably loved this mod if it was not for the clutter with new buildings, techs.. bit too much for me, but great work though :)

You think this has too much? I wonder what you would think of Caveman to Cosmos..:)

I would've probably loved this mod if it was not for the clutter with new buildings, techs..

That's why there are so many different mods. Many stay close to the original. Many others don't. Plenty of flavors for everybody.

That's why there are so many different mods. Many stay close to the original. Many others don't. Plenty of flavors for everybody.

Agreed, search the Mod Forum. There are many to choose from...like said above^^

Some change the game completely, whilst others tweak this and that for desired effects, gameplay, or whatever else the said modder chose. :beer:

Hi,
Just upgraded to Win7 64bit...
Installed all the bits needed to play the 1.76 : 5... works like a dream, a few CTD's but on the whole fantastic...
Just installed my new 4gb so now am running 8gb...
Ran AND, and the normal CTD, looked at the processes running and noticed that my RAM was still showing as over 4gb not touched, Civ was using the normal just over 2gb...
Am i missing something?
Is there a setting that i can change to allow AND to use some of that RAM, or am i stuck with the 32bit max?

SM

Civ4 is 32-bit program unfortunately.

So i take it we will still encounter MAF's, as we are still stuck with the 3GB issues?

Or is their a way to get my TSR's to move into the 4gb spare, to maximise my normal 4 GB?

(As we used to do with the old DOS)

I played Huge Hemisphere (Massive Continents, 2) into Modern era. Remember this is 1.76 beta SVN latest version.

So, I have W7 64 bit with 8gb RAM. No MAFs so far for me in that game.

Incidentally, Koshling, your tweaks of AI code is awesome. Combined with my removal of Sulphur and Ammo as requirements and from the game itself, the top AI players crushed other players and threatened to crush me because I made a few stupid civic decisions. Usually, my civic decisions don't leave me behind in dust, but in this version this do! So I quit this game I told SilentMe about above.

By the way, I'm now going to try the same mapscript but at Gigantic size and Epic speed. I'll let everyone know what's up. But in Beta thread of RAND's main forum. Check there for more updated info about the beta of 1.76 version coming up sometime in future.

A friend of mine and I have downloaded this (It looks Great!), on two different computers and are trying to get it to work over our LAN, but, no luck yet.
Can anyone confirm that RAND works in multiplayer mode, especially, over a LAN?
Or is it just single player?

os79, i need to know exactly all the setting of your game, AND settings, revDCM settings and RAND features enabled, plz! Need to have the best possible combination (and possibly AI). ;)

Custom Game:
No Revolutions
Barbarian Civs on
TechDiffusion on
Limited Religion on
No Vassals
No Inquisitions
Barbarian Generals
Multiple Production/Research
Advanced Diplomacy
Personalized Map
Realistic Corporation
Religion Decay
Historical wonders
Guilds
Extra Corporations
Ruthless AI
Civic Buildings
Advanced Nukes
These are what I remember off my mind now.

Hemisphere mapscript

Conquest victory

Now playing with Gigantic map with Epic speed. It is experimental though so don't take this as recommendation.

BUG options are too many to list so it is better you play around with BUG options yourself to find your best comfortable options.

Good luck!

I have rebel Japanese shown on the list of civs, but I have already annihilated them.
when will Tokugawa go away from the list? (and I don't suffer from war weariness any longer?)

yuizaki - In the case of Revolutions, even if "Require Total Kills" is turned off, each Revolution which spawns a rival Civ as a result of a revolt spawns a spy in the city which revolts, although it can and may move if your military puts down the revolt's units. So to kill the rebels off, you don't just have to kill the rebel units, you also have to kill the rebel spy which is no doubt floating around somewhere. First and only real strategy is to plant spies in the cities that rebelled, and hopefully the presence of your spies there will defeat any rebel spies still present.

If the rebel spy has fled (possible since it's supporting military units have been defeated), it's harder to deal with as they could be anywhere. Ultimately, the longer that rebel spy survives (and thus the longer your cities are prone to unhappiness/rebel sentiment) the higher the chance those cities will revolt again, spawning more rebel units and thus re-igniting the rebels chances of scoring a victory or enough victories to make peace with them your only option, thus ensuring that rebel faction's survival. If the Rebel spy has fled, your only real option is to hope it flees to an enemy Civ and gets caught there and eliminated.

thank you very much.
this seems a bit unrealistic setting though.
I will hope my luck will prevail.

I cannot get the game to declare a win. Have launched ship and count down completed, well over on land and pop, only vassals left and ascendant. Have done this twice. Any suggestions?

Just this Mod loaded.

Thanks

alright. i downloaded everything installed went to load the mod. civ closes to load mod as it usually does. except i never got it start back up. about 10 minutes after the first start up i tried it suddenly showed up. got through the first load before saying "civilization bey is not responding" and all closed out. um. what? anyone got something to help me?

Sorry if this has been asked;

RoM is a great mod, but I'd like to play with the standard "flags", I can't seem to find the option to turn the new ones off. Any help?

Thank you very much, and AWESOME mod.

Do you mean Individual Empire flags?

JosEPh

Top Bottom