Rise of Rome

Thanks. I'd get an update, but I'm having serious writers block. Sorry. :blush:

Thanks. I'd get an update, but I'm having serious writers block. Sorry. :blush:

good to now that your on it.

I would suggest something about the Romans backstabbing the Russians again while the citizens can't take anymore war.

I can't. I ran them off the main continent, and they capitalated. That and the fact that I've already played a good ways into the game. That's why I'm getting writers' block. I played all this out 3 or more months ago. Its nice to know I still have some readers, though!!! :)

odd that you mention that. I was just re-reading the story a few hours ago trying to get inspired. I will try my best to get some form of an update about the Mali war.

One slight problem. Since I last played this, I update from vanilla BtS, to 3.17, and soon to 3.19. I don't know how this will affect the game. I also downloaded the BUG and Blue Marble mods, and I know they aren't compatible with Civ Gold. I used it becuase it adds better units and city graphics. I'm afraid I'm going to have to unload the mods or something elso to finisth the story.

Thanks for reading the story, nodnarb and welcome to CFC!!!:banana: :banana: :band: :band: :band: :banana: :banana:

odd that you mention that. I was just re-reading the story a few hours ago trying to get inspired. I will try my best to get some form of an update about the Mali war.

One slight problem. Since I last played this, I update from vanilla BtS, to 3.17, and soon to 3.19. I don't know how this will affect the game. I also downloaded the BUG and Blue Marble mods, and I know they aren't compatible with Civ Gold. I used it becuase it adds better units and city graphics. I'm afraid I'm going to have to unload the mods or something elso to finisth the story.

Thanks for reading the story, nodnarb and welcome to CFC!!!:banana: :banana: :band: :band: :band: :banana: :banana:

If it's a problem, just make up the rest of the story, we don't need pics. I also finished my 2nd story, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8359142#post8359142, you should check it out. :)

Part 7
The Invasion

Chapter XIII
And So It Begins…​
_ In 1886, a new Roman study was completed. The study was studying better ways to study other things. It was an important breakthrough. It became called the Scientific Method. It was first tested on a strange black substance that had been found near Constantinople. It turned out that it could easily be burned, and soon sources of this strange substance were found near Antioch and Ravenna. It was christened Oil. At the same time, there was a conflict on the island of Ravenna. The only major settlement had been the city bearing the same name as the island. Because of contested election results, a sizable portion of the citizens to form their own highly conservative, traditionalist settlement on the east side of the island, on the Bay of Foxoratius. They named the town Arretium.
_ Even with this new discovery, things were becoming grim for the Roman army on Malome. The first day after Rome made the first advance toward Djenne, the whole camping almost fell apart. The soldiers awoke to see a strange gray thing floating in the sky, slowly creeping towards them with the gentle breeze. On its side was a large Malinese Coat of Arms. Slowly, more of these behemoths appeared over the horizon. Suddenly, a loud voice came from one of the monsters. It was in Latin, though it was a little broken, with much bad grammar. It had a heavy Malinese accent. Of course, it didn’t matter what it said, the sheer shock of the unnamed killers speaking was almost enough to cause most armies to scatter in fear. Fortunately, this wasn’t most armies; it was the Roman Army, the most well trained force in the whole world. The voice said, “Retreat back to your stolen Russian territory now, puny Rome, or prepare to face the full wrath of the great Mansa Musa and his holy army of Shiva the Destroyer!” The Romans responded by yelling various insults and vulgarities at the floating beasts. When the front ship, which was by far the largest, was close enough to totally blot out the sun from most of the Roman Army, a small black area appeared out of the bottom of it. Several large black things fell from it. They hit the ground with earth shattering explosions, killing off Romans by the hundreds. It was a horror beyond the Romans worst nightmares.
_ The next day, the generals surveyed the damage. The forces had been decimated. They considered a strategic withdrawal, but decided it would be a disgrace to them and that they would all lose their jobs and risk public execution. The decision was made to plow forward through the Malinese country side. By the time the army reached the city of Djenne, the damage from these “ships of the air” was immeasurable, but this only spurred the remaining soldiers to seek vengeance for their slaughtered comrades. Once in place the Roman cannons began the process that had been perfected a thousand years ago during the siege of the Byzantine stronghold of Adrianople. Once Djenne’s walls other fortifications were obliterated, the cannons took aim on the soldiers themselves. Then came the fun part. The light infantry began storming through the rubble of the outer parts of the city. By nightfall, the city was tightly under Roman control. Less than a week later, many of the uninjured troops left the city towards the Malinese capital of Timbuktu. Soon after, the remainder of the army left going towards Walata.

Attachments

• 44. The Capture of Djenne.JPG
    44. The Capture of Djenne.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 252
Thanks. And it was only a year and a day after this all started. With some luck, I'll get something else up this week.

The people of Rome, in a parralel universe, wish to hear more. They need something to pass the time after majorly Nuking the babylonians (around 2 months ago) (FYI - I bombed babylon :nuke: 20 times with ICBM :nuke: until my vassal Stalin decided to take it...)

It has been over a month since your last chapter and Rome needs more!:king:

and just incase you don't read i'm PMing you

I just got out of school for Christmas, and I'm going out of town tomorrow, but if I have some free time I'll try to wrap it up. I still have a few more chapters, and I think I've lost the game file somewhere along the way, so I'll to ab lib the end of the game.
Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it.

EDIT: I almost forgot, welcome to the forums, j_mie6! :band: :banana: :band: :banana: :band:

EDIT: I almost forgot, welcome to the forums, j_mie6! :band: :banana: :band: :banana: :band:

Thanks I hope I can write a story someday, maybe about the first ever game I play with my very OWN Civ 4 :king:

Chapter XIV
The Carnage Continues​

_ On the morning of May 23rd, 1890, Major Africanus was getting ready for the most important day of his life. He had been promoted after the Commanding Officer of his unit of Riflemen had been killed in the fighting. He had taken the leadership condition and led his unit into the volley of gunfire. They had helped secure the densely populated downtown area of the city and then the whole unit given medals of honor. It was now his turn to lead them once again into battle, this time against the very heart of the Malinese Empire, Timbuktu. If this city fell, then a Roman victory was assured, his superior officers told him. Somehow he doubted this though. He had seen firsthand the fiery fury the Malinese fought with. They were fighting for their lives, their homes, their families, and their way of life. He knew if Rome was under attack he would never give up. Suddenly he heard the sirens blaring. The Malinese airships were coming again as they did every day, as predictable as the evening sunset. Once they had passed, the company clerk came into his tent and relayed the general’s orders to muster outside the city. It was time.
_ After what seemed like ages of pounding, the cannons were finally done with the cities fortifications. Once the walls were down, it was time for the infantry to take care of business. Even though it was only a portion of the total forces, it was plainly enough. The forces took the city in a matter of hours. Mansa Musa stayed in the city, but in an airship shortly before his palace was nearly surrounded. One unit, led by Major Africanus, was rumored to have made it into his palace and chased him out. These rumors were confirmed after the unit was honored with very high honors after the battle. Rome now controlled Djenne and Timbuktu.
_ While the larger battle was going on in Timbuktu, the smaller, commando like division of the army was advancing on Walata. Espionage reports showed that it was not well defended and merely a small port city of no more than 500,000 people. The commando force was killed by the defending forces. It was the worst defeat of the Malinese campaign. The mistake of not sending a large enough force would haunt Roman generals for years to come

Attachments

• 45. The Capture of Timbuktu.JPG
    45. The Capture of Timbuktu.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 170
Per your request, j_mie6, but only because you're new to the website. Don't expect us to treat you so nicely in the future ;)

You should write your own story. It's really fun if you can ever find the time to write it.

Don't expect us to treat you so nicely in the future ;)

You should write your own story. It's really fun if you can ever find the time to write it.

*Gulps* :shifty::please::scared::run::sniper::eek2::ar15: :eek:

:rudolf:

:p Yer i'll atleast try to make a good story, I thought that I could do one joining the Mars now Mod and the standard BtS to make a 2 part story about Martians returning home after building a spaceship on earth :lol:

I'd definatly read that. We need some new ideas around here. I warn you though, it can get tedious if you make the story too long.

Have you found Sistuli's Prince of the Universe series? You would love it, but it's really long. Took me about a month to read and Sis still hasn't finished it. I'll try to get a link for you if you're interested.

Top Bottom