Rise of the Native Americans

hoplitejoe

Top fun-poster

Here notes the beginning of the long and successful RFC civilations in abundance game. I will be playing as the Native Americans. my goal will be to create an empire similar to that of the USA. it will be on viceroy difficulty and be a 600AD game to avoid a massive European tech lead.

Spoiler :

At 700 AD after many centenary of wandering the Native American people decided to settle down. this news spread with several barbaric warriors joining the cause and some local villagers donated some gold.

Spoiler :

After years of searching the perfect spot for there capital was found. it was named Sunwatch village.

Spoiler :

A couple of years later a second village was founded

Spoiler :

Some helpful villagers "donated" some gold to after dog solider gave them a little visit :mischief:

Spoiler :

The Native Americans soon began to become more advanced.

Spoiler :

They soon decided that they needed a leader and so chief hoplitejoe was put in charge of the citys. He then promptly said let there be :whipped:ing and there was.

Spoiler :

A third village of Denver was the settled.

Spoiler :

I'm not sure why I took this screenshot but its mighty perty.

Spoiler :

The Native Americans then learnt to write.

Spoiler :

The final village for this age of the native Americans was then built and called a very long name for the lols.

Spoiler :

And finally an overview of the Native America as of a time known as "turn 62"

Good story. Never actually played as NA in this modmod.
Just a thought, maybe you should destroy the Aztecs if possible?

well I have to deal with a conquesters event and America spawning but if i have any spare troops I shall.

BTW, you should join Realpolitik 2 as a member of the New World Party.
does it matter that i have only ever played the Civ V demo,and that only a few times?

Wait. I thought 600 AD gave Europe a tech-lead. That's why America UHV is basiclly praying that no one builds the SoL.
I think that it is a civs in abundance thing as when i tried out a game on 3000BC i was discovered in the 1400's by the French with a galleon already and some musket men. this might of been a fluke but I remember it had been mentioned before in the mods thread. (admittedly it was the last version of the mod that i played my 3000BC game on).

time to continue the story
Spoiler :

And we start with the native americans finding a more primitive people to the south.

Spoiler :

primitive and a little backwards :lol:

Spoiler :

Tonybee reveals that the native Americans have an averagely sized empire

Spoiler :

later they manage to convince him to trade knowledge of the calendar to them.

Spoiler :

and so began the non-existent war of the aztecs and the native americans (@southernking I did have a small stack ready to attack them but some natives and barbarians coupled with some bad luck crippled my attack before it started)

Spoiler :

a sigh of relief was heard after the first long boman was put in charge of defending the citys from the numoruse barbarian attacks

Spoiler :

something odd is going on....

Spoiler :

there is some minor trouble in Minneapolis.

Spoiler :

A people known as the French where spotted of the east coast of America. they signed an agreement for open borders in the hope that the two nations could become trading partners.

Spoiler :

disease brought to America began to cause havoc in the land with many people and troops dieing.

Spoiler :
By 1555 plague was wrecking havoc on the whole of the native Americana empire

Your capital and the city to the left are where I built my third and fourth cities as the Mayan's :lol:

That seems a little out of the way for a UHV that requires you to not lose any cities (which is pretty hard, actually).

Also, most Native Americans prefer to be called American Indians.

its a PC landmine land mine knowing what to call them.

I was actually born in the USA to parents both born in India.
So I am technically Indian American.
And Native Americans are technically American Indian.
It's all too confusing for me...

@Mosher:
Really? We've been doing a little work on them in Social Studies (the NZ name for what I think you Americans call civics class) and I've been using N.Am's cause I thought that was more correct and what they'd prefer...

Also, how good is CiA? Does it override basic RFC or can you have both?
Good start BTW. Looking forward to more.

@Mosher:
Really? We've been doing a little work on them in Social Studies (the NZ name for what I think you Americans call civics class) and I've been using N.Am's cause I thought that was more correct and what they'd prefer...

Also, how good is CiA? Does it override basic RFC or can you have both?
Good start BTW. Looking forward to more.

Actually, my school calls it Social Studies too, if you're referring to what is actually history class for us.

CiA doesn't override basic RFC. It just adds a few civs that were in BTS but not in base RFC (NA, Zulus, HRE, Sumeria, Korea, Byzantium, Celts)

From what i can tell from the next lot of turns i have played (which i will post tomorrow) the English some how got the conquer event but missed me. then the Aztec must of held them back so that i never gained contact with the English. it may also explain how late i was meeting the European powers.

if you look at the upgrades on the knight you can see it's a mercenary. also doesn't the capture unit thing only create workers?

Actually, my school calls it Social Studies too, if you're referring to what is actually history class for us.

It's an 'introish' class that dabbles in history, geography, economics and national heritage/national history/politics. It's all kinda confusing...

Top Bottom