RK-08: Atomic Betty

Thanks...oh, there's a small epilogue as it seems there's a pic I forgot to add.

Outside of the Pyramids, a young boy uncouncously sketched an image unto a piece of paper...

...as he added the last few strokes, he felt an icey chill fall over him - then it was gone. Blinking, he stepped into the warm sunlight, letting it seep into his bones before tucking his notebook in his bag and finally, heading home.
--------

Thanks Frankor btw. I have alot to say, will say it tomorrow.

First off, this was my first succession game, and it was awesome!'

I think what really gave us the edge (and kept us there!) was the marble and stone that we coudl hook up fast. From that we were GP pool specialization we set up, and the fact that our original GP production was first and foremost Great Engineers, which gave us more free Wonders, which in turn payed for themselves through benefits and GP points (denying it to other civs).

The other thing I've got to say is that the Redcoat is as underwhelming as I imagined it. It's horrible at city attacking, and unless you are facing a matched foe in the field, it's really not worth touching as I'd rather have better citytakers or just faster troops.

EDIT: As for the unexpected ending, it was somewhat surprising to me too. I was thinking of going on to conquest till I realized that would be impossible to do really without tripping the domination win. So, to make up for the rather sudden end and subseqent lack of anything to really report, I figured I'd write an epic story to accompany frankor's epic reports. Better than anything I could do lord knows. :p

I agree, the care we took in keeping our Great Person pools pure really paid off for us. We were able to get the GPs we needed when we needed them.

The Redcoats are not an overpowering UU, for sure. But they did a great job of conquering much of our continent for us.

Top Bottom