Road to War - Historical

My focus is on Divs, Corps and Armies, etc. The weapons are secondary.

Update, I now have a powerful machine, more powerful than yours :p
should be playable now

Good Luck ... I am considering finishing of SP1 ... before moving on to a RoM AND version.

FInally got a chance to play it and I got a ton of errors when trying to load it.

Is it installed in "C:\GAMES\CIV4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War - Historical - SP1" ?

You can not Civ 4 install in "C:\Program Files" on Windows 7, if you want to install custom mods like mine.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

RFCEurope which has custom DLLs works fine as does A New Dawn

SO it needs to be in C:\GAMES\CIV4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War - Historical - SP1?

I have read many custom mods do not work if Civ is installed in "c:\program files", because of the new Win 7/Vista permissions on that folder.

I love it !

Thanks for that ... it was over 2 years work to get it to a stage it was stable and balanced.

Completing SP1 will be my next phase.

Thanks for that ... it was over 2 years work to get it to a stage it was stable and balanced.

It's not surprising, just when I saw the map and all the units/buildings I understood it was a lot of work! :goodjob:

I am looking forward to playing this mod very much. I was wondering though if there was a link or a file I could view(or someone willing to explain) to assist in understanding the concept of Divs, Corps and Armies with respects to the game?

Please excuse me if I have been ignorant or just stupid.

Well in essence each unit is individually named e.g. "1st Armoured Division", "12th Army Group", "Afrika Corps", etc. And each units combat strength is based on actual make-up of the unit. e.g. a corps is usually 3 divisions, so its strength would be approximately 3 times that of a division. Additionally the strengths are modified by the type of equipment and other factors as well. That was the hardest part of my research.

Thank you for explaining that.
I would like to say that the level of detail in your mod is something special. Looks awesome:)

Read the OP and you will get a background and this thread started in January 2009.

NOTE: I still play it as well ;)

Hi again, my apologies for this bombardment:

For some reason I am unable to build Naval Units at all save for workboats as the British.

The Game occaisionally crashes to Desktop, about once per day.

It also seems strange that one can't build many improvements without first doing research, is this on purpose?

I am also a tad concerned that I have installled it wrong, after reading through forums, for clarity could you please tell me the current correct installation method incase I have done it wrong?

There is a civlopedia entry that says simply TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_WWII_BOMBING_TEXT
containing only the words: TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_WWII_BOMBING_PEDIA.

When researching from submarines I to II the only difference seems to be a reduction of the national limit from 10 to 5 in the number of coastal subs, I cant see any increase in stats?

My apologies again for the bombardment and my thanks for your time and consideration.

1) Have you seen how many ships you have ... you are well over the limits
2) Crash to Desktop is common in the early part of the game for some reason and then stops later on. Don't know why ? The game does push a lot of boundaries.
3) Improvements. Yes ... that is to keep the map looking as historic as possible, throughout the scenario
4) I have installed my as per this thread. i.e. C:\Games\Civ4\ etc.
and my mod is "C:\GAMES\CIV4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War - Historical"
which then contain the Assets, CvGameCoreDLL, PublicMaps folders
5) Text error ... not sure. Can you say where you see it ?
6) There is a significant difference sub 1 and 2 - Combat = 30 vs 25 and can move in oceans
7) No worries ... glad to help with it.

With regards to the Submarine research, what I see is in the attachment below "Sub 1,2,3" Thinking about it now it looks like that at Sub I coastal subs are unique to UK who can build ten but at Sub II everyone else can then build them but only 5 and then at Sub III (third "I" covered by prerequisites) one can build the ocean gooing subs with 30 strength. Is this the case?

For the civlopedia entry problem I have attached what I see after clicking Game Concepts in "civlopedia" and then after clicking the TXT_KEY_CONCEPT_WWII_BOMBING_TEXT in "civlopedia2".

As for naval construction, yes I am indeed loving the huge navy Muhahaha!:) but they are not the unique "M Class" Destroyers, "Crown Colony" Cruisers and "King George V" Battleships, I assume I would have to delete and then rebuild in order to get them?

Attachments

• Sub 1,2,3.jpg
    Sub 1,2,3.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 99
  • civlopedia.jpg
    civlopedia.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 61
  • civlopedia2.jpg
    civlopedia2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom