Rome II: Total War Confirmed

Indeed. The article is old so we cannot be sure that they're certainly going to make Rome 2: Total war. Let's wait till they reveal what game they are going to make.

Well, work it on out, honey. (work it on out)
You know you look so good. (look so good)
You know you got me goin, now, (got me goin)
Just like I knew you would. (like I knew you would, oooh!)

nope...

Medieval II is outstanding when properly modded/patched.

Yeah but, I don't really see any reason for CA to release modding tools, seeing as how they haven't for ETW and NTW (unless something changed in the last few months).

The only real improvements to this series I would say are the graphics and the variety of styles/era's.
So AI, gameplay, scale, mechanics and so on have all been a permanent horizontal slide for you, then?

Well actually... kind of.

Especially before they release patches to, in the case of empire anyways, not only FIX problems but ADD THE FEATURES THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO SHIP WITH THE GAME. Like naval invasions.

The AI still isn't really much better in Empire than Medieval 2 or Rome, it flanks more often and it knows how to use its ships (at least some what, but it still beats me most of the time >_<, at sea not at land). However, the higher difficulties are not going to give you a better AI, they still just receive bonuses and cheats.

Well actually... kind of.

Especially before they release patches to, in the case of empire anyways, not only FIX problems but ADD THE FEATURES THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO SHIP WITH THE GAME. Like naval invasions.

The AI still isn't really much better in Empire than Medieval 2 or Rome, it flanks more often and it knows how to use its ships (at least some what, but it still beats me most of the time >_<, at sea not at land). However, the higher difficulties are not going to give you a better AI, they still just receive bonuses and cheats.

Well, the AI on Medieval I can kick my butt and I can thump the AI on Medieval II, Rome was somewhere in the middle of those.

The AI is bad at managing ships in Rome? Try doing Naval Invasions as the Huns in BI. Really hard for me to avoid pirates in the Mediterranean, and Saxons in the Atlantic/Bay of Biscay/English Channel. Even harder probably with me now at war with Berbers, who have just launched a successful surprise naval invasion of Sardinia. Good thing I was about to invade them anyway.

Is it just me or is the cavalry in Rome more solid feeling than in Medieval? As in stronger, more charge ability, and stays in formation well.

Yes, I've noticed that. An uninterrupted flanking charge with heavy cavalry in R:TW is one of the most successful video game feelings ever; right up there with using the piano wire in the Hitman series.

Whereas cavalry is far more important in Medieval II, for some reason the sluggishness of it and its habituality to fail half the time is frustrating.

Cavalry was powerful in MII, it just required a really frustrating amount of babysitting. Cavalry were a bit out of control in Rome, where the units were too fast, didn't really need to worry about facing or formation, and caused huge devastation, but I think MII went too far in the other direction. I've found cavalry fairly user-friendly in empire, though they're (understandably) not that powerful.

Unless you get some chasseurs à cheval. Those things can be damn well murderous.

Yes, I've noticed that. An uninterrupted flanking charge with heavy cavalry in R:TW is one of the most successful video game feelings ever; right up there with using the piano wire in the Hitman series.

Whereas cavalry is far more important in Medieval II, for some reason the sluggishness of it and its habituality to fail half the time is frustrating.

I know! I didn't know if my game was bugged? There were 2 main problems for MEDII:

1.) Cavalry bugs; they slow down taking re-orders, they are extremely loose feeling and weak, and they sometimes just abandon charges and fight melee straight up.

2.) Artillary, sometimes they just wouldn't fire? Plenty of ammunition? No guys in the way?

Top Bottom