Rome Sweet Rome (Oct 23, 2008)

I agree with Mithadan. I have Sandrisian units serving alongside Utahjazz and Kinboat’s units, and they look fine. Truly the scale difference is negligible. :)

Hmm ... I`m a bit dissapointed... not by fact that my recent units are smaller than other Paperdoll-based units, but with the fact that somebody hadn`t told me about this earlier.

I`ve checked and realised that my previous units (for example, Russians, Spartans etc.) have the same size as Kinboat`s or Plotinus` units, they are the same as Firaxis` units and, actually, they are taller than my recently posted unit packs.

I didn`t play Civ3 for several months, that`s why I coudn`t compare my new units with the previous ones in order to prevent the "wrong scaling".

Now I should check all of my unit packs in order to find the mistake. I don`t exclude the possibility of re-scaling (re-making) all of my "wrong" packs, but it could take at least 2 weeks, maybe a month to do.

I always had to resize Kinboat's units because I thought they were too big

I always had to resize Kinboat's units because I thought they were too big
It's probably easier to shrink Kinboat's units than have Sandris enlarge all the ones he's done! Where's Aluminium when you need him?

Excellent Unit Pack Sandris :goodjob:

Because it is obvious that you care about Details and put forth so much effort in your Work, I am certain you now want to go back and adjust any units that are slightly different than you intended...but as has been stated in different words, the eclectic units used in our games are all slightly different, including the original game units. It can be argued that some variety is actually a good thing :) That said, you must please yourself :cool:

Oh my God. Саша, ну... вандефул!!!

Sandris, you are... ALEXANDER THE GREAT!!! :king:

Your habit is surpass oneself!!!

I appreciate your "dedication to excellence" --to quote the venerable Vuldacon-- Sandris! I'd trust your judgment. :)

That said it was Plots' worker that stood out to me scale-wise....not sure what I'm trying to say with that.

I want to apologize here for the "unit size controversy", they are quite all right Sandris. Keep on working on your future units, don't redo them all, that would be quite tedious and, as BadKharma said, that's not the end of the world...

Here is a shot of some of Sandris' new units in action: :)

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 515
My two cents: I would not agonize over the size issue. In my opinion, your Romans "size up" quite nicely compared to the other units out there. I'd say, leave them the way the are. The differences are negligible.

Another two cents - I would not be concerned with the size issues. I'm sure that everyone would rather have more new units from you than having the existing ones re-sized. That said, you must follow what you think is best. Considering that the firaxis warrior is taller than the modern armour unit I think a 5-10% difference between one human unit and another is the least of our worries! ;)

Sandris, I think you're units are fine the way they are. Like Keroro, I'd rather see new unit lines than resized old units that work just fine. People aren't all the same height; units don't have to be either. They're close enough so as to make no difference.

Hmm ... I`m a bit dissapointed... not by fact that my recent units are smaller than other Paperdoll-based units, but with the fact that somebody hadn`t told me about this earlier.

Nobody has told you because nobody has detected it before this discussion. As you have stated, you don`t use your own units. But we do!!! And for many month nobody has requested that they must be redone. This proved best that there is absolutly NO NEED for rescaling.
Just go on with your work and in a half of a year the other unit-creators resizing their units because you have set a new standard.

I also had the impression, that some of the Sandris`units are a little bit smaller than other units. So I made a test. I took a very nice Sandris unit, that I had the impression it would be much smaller than a normal unit, the Mongolian early swordsman.

I made a screene where I preplaced the Mongolian swordsman, the Civ 3 standard warrior and the Civ3 standard spearman.

Than I pasted the Mongolian swordsman exactly over the standard Civ 3 warrior and the standard Civ 3 spearman. The result was astonishing: The Mongolian swordsman completely covered the standard Civ 3 warrior.

On the other side he was was smaller than the Standard Civ 3 spearman (but the standard Civ 3warrior was also smaller than the standard Civ 3 spearman).

But the Mongolian swordsman had much bigger feet than the spearmen. :D
Humans are different. :)

May be the tile grid lines in the pasted screenshots can help to solve this phenomenia. In the pasted screenshots one pasted grid line is completely the same as the normal gridline, the other gridline is different.

Top Bottom