Rome Sweet Rome (Oct 23, 2008)

:huh: You know something, Steph? You do, don`t you? Come on, out with it!
No, I don't know anything special, but Sandris may have more time during the week end to finish a pack than during the week.

Sandris, I'm not very crazy with all of these primary colors and the somewhat lack of texture in your units.

BUT, animation is one of the best I've seen and that certainly deserves a gold star.

You have potential.

I recommend your units to anyone.

Sandris, I'm not very crazy with all of these primary colors and the somewhat lack of texture in your units.
:confused:I think that's what make them nice at civ scale.

Too much texture at civ-scale gets lost and looks messy.
Plus the colours he uses are pretty much historically correct.

I a way, you are both right about the texture part, but the Dragoon's colors really stand out compared to the default Cavalry in CivIII, and I don't mean that in a good way. :sad:

I know I criticize with units, and that it is ironic that I don't release any of mine. But in truth is, my units suck ;)

BUT, animation is one of the best I've seen and that certainly deserves a gold star.

You have potential.

I recommend your units to anyone.
Potential I think Sandris is way beyond potential. Sandris uses textures when they are appropriate and as allready stated most textures do not work at Civ scale.
I a way, you are both right about the texture part, but the Dragoon's colors really stand out compared to the default Cavalry in CivIII, and I don't mean that in a good way. :sad:

I know I criticize with units, and that it is ironic that I don't release any of mine. But in truth is, my units suck ;)
You do realize the Romans had no Dragoons why would you post that comment when it is not appropriate for this thread? Also looking at the default Cavalry there are no textures used. It is civ colored with a gold helmet.

You do realize the Romans had no Dragoons why would you post that comment when it is not appropriate for this thread? Also looking at the default Cavalry there are no textures used. It is civ colored with a gold helmet.

*sigh* I was talking about those English units, this is my overall rating.

Your opinion is your opinion, my opinion is my opinion, an opinion is not a fact. I just think what I think, examples such as I don't like the band Disturbed, Halo 3, or Hip Hop. (which I don't)

*sigh* I was talking about those English units, this is my overall rating.

As an unwritten rule (and I suppose written if you interpret it that way), you post about a unit in that units thread, not in another units thread.

I would also agree with BadKharma. To stick with the past and present tense, he's no longer at potential, he's at actual.

The colour and textures of Sandris' units is perhaps the best thing about them!

Top Bottom