Saturday's PAX talk

Great I was hoping they'd give em an elephant was any video today on PAX? Any word on the type of ship Carthage gets? Any interviews?
There was an interview, but it was cut short after a few minutes because of technical errors (the sound was horrible, sometimes inaudible) :( That's all we had for today.

There was an interview, but it was cut short after a few minutes because of technical errors (the sound was horrible, sometimes inaudible) :( That's all we had for today.

Thanks for the update. They have things fixed and someone said no more til tomorrow at 2pm for GaK. Right now they are dealing with Borderlands 2.

Tomorrow I would love to find out more about mercantile city states. If there is only two special luxuries and because of this will they be limited on the map. There was tons of speculation last night.

Watched the interview again (here) and she said that there is a new era, it's just not called the Great War Era.

A bit of a crosspost from another topic, but interesting to put in this thread (otherwise it'd be so empty here :p ).

A guy at the somethingawful forums was there.
This was his post:

With such a big penalty for ending a turn on mountain, I guess it will only cost 1 movement to cross it, otherwise it would be near useless.

Moderator Action: This may not make sense as I deleted the post above it because it was not on topic. In future, better to report such posts than reply to it.

Give it a rest. They pick civs that will be interesting and diverse. That's why they have Austria but not Portugal (who is fairly similar to Spain). They added Mongolia, Inca, Polynesia, Babylon, and Korea as DLC (three of them Asian, one has origins in Asia). So the DLC was fairly multicultural, while the expansion is more Eurocentric (and, even then, two of the civs have origins in Asia).

Personally, if you ask me, this strikes me as possibly a bad business decision in that European civs likely would have sold well independently, but that's beside the point.

I demand Antarctica gets as much civs as every other continent! This is pure discrimination. Just because Europe is the only continent with fractured land control while still having global impact individually, they get more civs? Do we let history decide which civs are worthy? #OccupyEurope

Personally, if you ask me, this strikes me as possibly a bad business decision in that European civs likely would have sold well independently, but that's beside the point.

Well, if you wanted your own country represented in civ, this would force them to buy the whole expansion instead of just 1 DLC's. And people first need to buy the game before they can buy a DLC.

Interview with Lena Brenk http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/314229115

She mentions that there is no Great War era, just a portion of the techtree which happens to of course have all of the WWI based type units. Audio is not the best but you can make it out.

Thank you very much. Todays stream was SO bad I didnt think the recording would be worth anything and its good to see what I was trying to watch at 11:30 this morning haha.

She says there's a new era, but that it's not called the great war era.

At 3:36 minutes in she says, "It's not an Era in the game." I am guessing that translates into English as NO. :lol:

Yeah i think that dev talk for no lol. You were watching this live too I believe. Is it just me or did they cut out a good 5-7 minutes of it in the begining the parts that were really bad a laged a lot, and all the random question mark screens. Frankly i'd rather they kept the audio going as I was watching it live, even if I couldnt understand much I was able to pull out bits and pieces but once it went to black the audio went with it.

Just watched the interview, while she said there isn't a Great War era, she did say 'There is a new era in the game' - My guess is enlightenment

Oh Ok just not a Great War Era. Anyway here is the full interview starting about four minutes in. Apparently this takes place before the other interview I posted above.

http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/314228790 The spaceship's universal translator is a bit screwed up though.

I hope its the Enlightenment Era that would be awesome.

Well, if you wanted your own country represented in civ, this would force them to buy the whole expansion instead of just 1 DLC's. And people first need to buy the game before they can buy a DLC.

True, but if you're from the Netherlands, you still might buy the game for religion and espionage.

So there will be more new info tomorrow for sure?

So there will be more new info tomorrow for sure?
Yes. More info and gameplay footage :)
From the interview with Dennis Shirk I got the idea that they're saving some info for sunday.

(Unfortunately I have easter obligations, so I won't be able to see it :gripe:)

Top Bottom