Saveconvert - change various settings in save file

Does this mean your options for creating the Challenger version in BOTM are severely limited, such as to simple WB changes?

Another question: I want to make 2 saves with exactly the same map and settings, except for difficulty level. If I use your utility to change nothing but difficulty level, do the AIs get the correct starting units, techs, etc.? Or do I have to go into WB and make additional corrections?
I havent used this util to set up any of the challenger saves so far... all has been done in the WB (or in some cases by editing the WB save in a text editor)

The starting units are not changed, so that has to be done in the WB

I have a pbem ice age game that I converted to a hotseat (person I am playing with visited over christmas - however, not I cannot get it back to a PBEM. The saveconvert v4.2 reports it as a PBEM already.

Edit: I ran this tool against the hotseat game and it reported it as a PBEM. I changed it to hotseat, changed it back to PBEM, saved it and loaded the saved game up again. This time, it reported it as PBEM. I sent that to my friend who said it was back to the PBEM format. Not sure what was going on but we fixed it.

I have a problem loading my save: I wrote a new save and tried to load it but the game terminates with a message:
Runtime Error!
Program: (a path to Warlords)
This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more more information.
I'm running Warlords 2.08 and saveconvert 4.2

Is there such a thing, I have the other which won't open BTS saved games.

In a previous post, someone mentioned a "workaround", would you like to share?

Thanks

Yes I would also really need a version that reads BTS savegames! I need to change my victory conditions because I wanna conquer them all but have domination turned on and it is imposible to acheave conquest victory avoiding domination :)

Is there any way to open up a BTS save file? Any utillity at all? Anyone? Bueller?

The ultimate goal is to convert a single player game to a multiplayer one, in case there is a utility to do that.

Hi Gyathaar,
I have a need for your utility for BTS. I host epic games online, and have a need to be able to change game speeds/turn timer, as well as add/drop human players and change their difficulty levels to appropriately match the rest.

This would be a big help, perhaps the software engineer who offered to help back in December would be willing to help?

Bigben34

*Bump*

Anyone yet have a lead on a save convert program for BTS? This was an awesomely useful tool for managing ongoing multiplayer games. Without it, flexibility is very difficult to attain.

Bigben34

Yeah, I figured. But I only play with my sister and she is not so good. (She doesn't even like to play against me.) Then when she is losing, she gives up and we don't get to finish the game. The feature would have been nice to give her some extra troops or something.
Better yet: stop forcing your sister to sooth your Civ addiction ;).

I know Warlords is only recently supported but are you planning on supporting BtS in the near future?

LOL, this comment of his was posted 2 years ago!! That's kind of a slow conversation, eh?

Any programmers out there take pity on us and come up with a saveconvert solution for BTS?

Bigben34

I would love a saveconvert for BTS also...I always used it for warlords .....PLEASE HELP!

I would love a saveconvert for BTS also...I always used it for warlords .....PLEASE HELP!

It's been a while since anybody posted anything on save file editor support for BTS. Did anyone have any update on this? I need to add more civlizations into current BTS save file. Is there a workaround for this? Thank you.

I scrounged through the forum to find such a utility and ended here. But no BtS support. Bummer. :(

I scrounged through the forum to find such a utility and ended here. But no BtS support. Bummer. :(
Aye. Even if it doesn't do what I'm really looking for (conversion from multiplayer to singleplayer) it'd be a neat program to try out.

Hopefully someone will pick up on it, sometime. :(

I need SaveConvert for BtS too! I want to convert my saves between hotseat and LAN.

Since I don't intend to do any more coding on this, and I don't think many play multiplayer in vanilla or warlords any more.. I was wondering if I should post the sourcecode for this program.. perhaps some else will pick it up and make improvements?

What language were you doing it in?
If it's C/C++/C# or Java/J# I would love to give it a try.

I could even try to give it a visual interface.

the code was written in C..
but was written in very dirty C.. didnt put much work into it.. and very little comments :)

Top Bottom