• Good

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sorry for the bump...i noticed that sbb comes with an american conquest converter...i need some help on how to use that.

the source files seem to be bmp, however i cnat find the unit source files in the american conquest folder. Help please, so i can start converting those units to civ3!!

Did you notice that American conquest units have already been converted?

The source file is indeed bmp. You need a tool provided by CDV and GSC to read the original file. They did not release the format, but a tool to read and export it.

i found those units in one of you threads...
im sorry i need to clarify, i want to convert the new game units-American Conquest divided nation...

Oh...
Then start by geting gpview.
So you can extract the game graphics

But the cossacks converter that comes with SBB is not the best tool to convert American Conquest units.

The new Animation Editor of SSS is much better. To bad I did not release it...

do you have a webstie url? I cant sem to find it on gsc's site...

polyphemus said:
do you have a webstie url? I cant sem to find it on gsc's site...
No, you have to google for it, I got it directly as an email attachment from a guy at gsc

could you possibly pm the file, i googled it, but still couldnt find it...

thanks, i registered, and followed the intructions on the page you linked to, and the second lin ktook me to a "musket sword mod", not the gp viewer

Hi everyone!

New to the forums, this is an awesome tool Steph :D

Bit of a problem i'm having though, I think it is SBB but it may be something else, i'll explain.

I put the FLC file into FLCedit, export it as a storyboard document, open it in SBB and arrange the unit, reduce the size to 50%, create the multi-unit BMP, use IMGConvert to change it to a PCX, then open it with FLCedit and export as a FLC.

This all seems to work fine, the units look fine in the game, but as soon as they are moved to attack or bombard a unit, loads of windows pop up saying: DAMAGE: after block (#"random number").

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers Guys

Seba
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think, therefore I spam"

Hi everyone!

New to the forums, this is an awesome tool Steph :D

Bit of a problem i'm having though, I think it is SBB but it may be something else, i'll explain.

I put the FLC file into FLCedit, export it as a storyboard document, open it in SBB and arrange the unit, reduce the size to 50%, create the multi-unit BMP, use IMGConvert to change it to a PCX, then open it with FLCedit and export as a FLC.

This all seems to work fine, the units look fine in the game, but as soon as they are moved to attack or bombard a unit, loads of windows pop up saying: DAMAGE: after block (#"random number").

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers Guys

Seba
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think, therefore I spam"
Is your storyboard 256 color? Did you change the size in the FLC after resizing with SBB?

The storyboard is 256 colours, i believe.

As far as resizing goes, the only time I told the program it was a different size was when I did 'import to storyboard' in FLCedit, I said it was, for example 55 x 55 rather than the original size of 110 x 110.

The odd thing is, it works perfectly if the units are not resized.

These errors could happen if the storyboard is not 256 colours, so double check that.
And if the frame is not exactly the correct size, or the number of frames is not correct, sometimes you can have some troubles to.

YAAAAY! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Sorted it, thankyou Steph. It was my own stupid fault, change the pallette when importing, duh :hammer2:

Cheers Steph, I didn't mean to blame your wonderful program, thanks for having the patience to help noobs like me.

You are, and always will be, the man :D

Top Bottom