Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:bump:

I can't seem to get the SBB to work, today. When I click on the .bmp in the Main source field, the "orientations" check boxes grey out, and when I generate a storyboard, the board consists of 1 black pixel. The names are, as far as I know, correct, with all the correct folders, and no gaps between names.

Here's an image. The same also happens if First=1 is not checked.

I had that problem once but that was because it was the wrong name....

I believe my bmp started on 0040 instead of 0001....but if its not the name then I have no idea.

There is a bug in SBB if you use number in the file names, except for sequencing them

--> Rename MinooanDefault2_0001.bmp into MinooanDefault_0001.bmp , or MinooanDefaultA_0001.bmp
Of course, do that for all the files!

And it should work

I just picked up Poser and have been trying to work through Utah's tutorial. I have got to the part where I use SBB to collate the files into a Storyboard, and seem to have a problem. I have 8 folders set up called N, NE etc, and 15 bmp images in each. All the bmp's are in the right place and there are an equal number for each direction. The bmp's are named 'E (or W, SW etc) Default_0001 (-15)'. The problem is that whatever I do I can only get the SB Builder to recognise one orientation.

I think I can get around this by cutting and pasting the eight directions into one file, but obviously that's what the SBB is meant to help avoid, so I thought I'd ask if there was anything I'm doing wrong.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Hi Steph. I decided to start with the old version, as I'm new to unit making. I tried a new unit last night which I did in a slightly different way, and it all worked properly.

I think that the problem was my naming of the individual frames. For the south facing ones I named them S Default_0001, for the East facing ones E Default_0001 etc, whereas last night I named them all Default_0001 regardless of what direction they were facing and things seemed OK.

So, it looks like I've sorted the problem, but if I have any further problems then I'll send you details by email as you suggest. Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year sir. :)

Sorry if it's been asked before (15 pages is a lot to read), but is there any way for it to work on Vista?

What about 64 bit? It won't let me use Flicster and other programs.

Flicster, SBB and everything that Ran on a 32 bit system, Runs just fine on my XP Pro System 64, SP 2.

Vista will also Run 32 bit programs but you will have to Understand Vista and the "for your Protection" factors so you can do what you want.

The "Headaches" with learning all of the ways around Vista programing just to Run simple programs and do simple things is why I chose XP Pro System 64 over it.

I recommend that anyone using Vista 64 learn all about it because it is a different "Animal" :lol:

Flicster works on my Vista. Civ3 also did, with some updates, but that wasn't unexpected.

Top Bottom