Scenario: 1940AD on GEM

Even 40 is asking for it...

I am going to push this scenario's setting 3 months earlier. So the game would start at the very beginning of the war. Poland still exist (just as a minor nation) and less Chinese cities got conquered.

The military balance would be adjusted as follow:
Germany: The forces will mostly distributed on the eastern border to Poland.
Italy: Reduced in strength. Not at war with the Allies yet.
Japan: Concentrated at Central China and southern coastal China.
Russia: At war with Japan.
France: Reduced in strength.
Netherlands: Reduced in strength.
Britain: Reduced in strength. No forces landed in France yet.
America: Reduced in strength.

Unless you playtest this to disprove it, I agree this is pushing the Axis AI: if Germany is not at war with Denmark/Norway and the Benelux, I doubt the AI will come up with the Ardennes push that decided the fate of France (especially since, in a Civ setting, there's no compulsive military reason to strike North). Also a Pearl Harbor event (plus accompanying East Asian strikes) will be very necessary for Japan.

But it might be interesting to try.;)

The only thing I see happening by this will be Germany attacking Russia after Poland. The AI will already not like Russia.

If the English are not at war with the German's and Italy is not at war with the allies I am concerned that this will prove to making the English even more powerful.

I do think the time rollback does change the nature of the war as itis hard for me to see the AI making even close to historic choices and without Germany attacking France & the UK with Italy I do not see anything but easy Ally wins.

Well I guess I will just have to see the new version... Hint :rolleyes:

No No. Germany will still be at war with France, Britain and all the Commonwealth countries. It is just not at war with the minor ones, Greece, Norway and Netherlands.

Italy is not at war initially. But I see AI in one of the previous version it always declare war on Greece anyway. So I suppose Italy will do better invasion to Greece without at war with Britain and France.

On the east, Japan is at war with Russia at the beginning but not at war with France.

Good, except Italy declared war on France when it was already beaten to get some of the spoils - which didn't pay off and this in turn motivated the war on Greece, which again didn't pay off until Hitler intervened on Mussolini's behalf. (So Italy being at war with France and Greece are interrelated.) Also, why should the Italians do well? They didn't: not in France, not in Greece, not in Egypt (where they started out with vastly superior numbers)...

On the east, Japan is at war with Russia at the beginning but not at war with France.

That would put Japan at great difficulty. Besides the last fighting between those two was in September 1939, so don't complicate things for a single turn of war.

That would put Japan at great difficulty. Besides the last fighting between those two was in September 1939, so don't complicate things for a single turn of war.

But they are really at war on Sept 1939. And I think it will be interesting.

I have almost complete all the changes I want to make for the 1940 scenario. That makes the most of the changes I've wanted to include for the next GEM releases, v5.3 (other changes include some minor generic mod change and 1500AD scenario changes). I am going to send it to the people who are playing the PBEM game for test play. JEELEN, Knight+, Halt and Traiano, do you guys want to try out the development version for test play? It would be good to balance out the opinions from multiplayer games and single player games.

If you are interested, could you please PM me your email address? I might have one or two of your email address actually but I guess it doesn't hurt to get it again :)

Genghis, my webmail allows 5 MB only ... so a dl link would probably be more helpfull. ;)

Yeah (I got 2 large size messages still stuck in my Microsoft Office Outlook Outbox - which is why I changed my e-mail). I appreciate the offer, but as I abandoned this project due to memory problems, I don't see how I can be of much practical help...

YES I want to play!

I am so disapointed with Warhammer Online I need a new game

Genghis, did you already upload the testversion? Didn't get the DL link yet.

Genghis, did you already upload the testversion? Didn't get the DL link yet.

I was still doing some last minute changes over the last few days. I am uploading it right now.

Does anyone has any feedback on the beta release?

I already found out that the diplomatic situation does not turn out to be good. Netherlands and Italy, since they are not at war with anyone in the beginning, got all the minor civs as vassals.

Germany did quite well on Poland. I see all Polish cities fall to Germany within the first 10 turns. Some French cities also fallen to Germany, but then western front is stagnated. Netherlands even can grab away Cologne by culture.

I have just change the western diplomatic status back to the original as a test. The result is much better. Germany invaded Copenhagen, Amsterdam and even Oslo on the first turn while still able to grab Danzig and Wroclaw on the east. The Netherlands and Italy can no longer get vassals states.

Suggestions? Should I change back to the original setting at 1940? I actually quite like Poland being there. Just don't like Netherlands and Italy got any vassals.

Well, I suppose nobody minds it a lot if you go for a bit ahistorical situation.

I'd say let the scenario start septembre 1939, and let it end with the february 1953 turn (Stalin died early march 1953). This way the scenario ends, when all for major politicians of that time have left the stage:

Roosevelt April 1945
Hitler April 1945
Stalin March 1953
Churchill January 1965, but due to a second stroke in June 1953 he was out of business in general as well

You could also leave it open, but septembre 1945 to february 1953 is exactly 101 turns, so also a good number of turns to try to win.

I have reverted back to the 1940AD setting. It is not exactly the same as it was, however. For example, there are still Polish resistance forces in Polish area, although the cities are already under German and Russian control. Most of the German forces are still concentrated in Poland, meaning it is not possible for German to take any cities from France in the first turn.

I also kept Japan at war with Russia.

Please download beta 2 to try.

I got a work assignment so tied up for the next few days. Will play as soon as I can :)

I have tested a little the beta and i found it very good. I'm playing in emperor and i'm at the 50 turn and germany capured : coppenhagen oslo brussel amsterdam nancy lyon vichy marseille paris belgrade lvov riga odessa.
I've a little uuggestion maybe you should disable the space race victory because germany lost time to build appolo project.

PS: I play with the last better AI compiled for 40 player to be compatible with the mod i don't know if it change something.

Top Bottom