SCENARIO: American Civil War Full-Release Version

Did you enjoy playing this scenario?

• Yes, this is one of the best ever, please send it to Firaxis.

Votes: 62 39.5%
  • Yes, this scenario is well-made.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Yes, but improvements could be made.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I cannot vote at this time.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • No, I didn't really like it.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
Some of the fundamental problems of the CIVIII engine, namely armies, unlimited rail movement, and poor AI, should have been addressed in CivIV.

I guess in 60 days or so, once we've all had a chance to get familiar with CivIV, we'll know if its worth doing or not.

Regards
Misfit

Misfit_travel said:
Some of the fundamental problems of the CIVIII engine, namely armies, unlimited rail movement, and poor AI, should have been addressed in CivIV.

I guess in 60 days or so, once we've all had a chance to get familiar with CivIV, we'll know if its worth doing or not.

Regards
Misfit

Misfit,

Yes I agree.
Its also said that artillery will attack all units in a stack.
In theory that should stop "killer-stacks".
If AI is smart enough to use artillery in a relevant way remains
to be seen though.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

just downloaded the newest version haven't been on in a while and the version i had before was fun can't wait to play this i haven't posted in a while and don't know if anyone remembers me but i was around when this scenario was first starting and i love to see how evreyone came together and if this version is anywhere as cool as the former version i had i know my fiance is going to be mad at me for the hours i'm spending on playing this scenario ha ha ha but i'd like to say you all should be very proud of what you have accomplished on this scenario and expect a post after i have played it however it may take a while because i really get into this scenario :) once again great work guys:goodjob:

I have an interesting idea, and it won't take but a minute. As of now there are two civs, USA ans CSA. Why not make them into two alliances, or rather MPP? Each state would be a civ, this would simulate how individual states where conquered, and would make for a far more interesting game, not to say it's not great already, im just adding flavor. I think this might cause much longer turn deadtime though. Thoughts?
Another idea I had can be used in conjunction with this or in the normal game, but give state-unique units, such as Tenessee regiments that can only be built in Tenessee, and would reflect the uniqueness of the area's troops, such as stronger defence and whatnot. This can be done in the same way that El Justo did the N Korean Infantry and the B-52 plant in his TCW.

horsematrix said:
just downloaded the newest version haven't been on in a while and the version i had before was fun can't wait to play this i haven't posted in a while and don't know if anyone remembers me but i was around when this scenario was first starting and i love to see how evreyone came together and if this version is anywhere as cool as the former version i had i know my fiance is going to be mad at me for the hours i'm spending on playing this scenario ha ha ha but i'd like to say you all should be very proud of what you have accomplished on this scenario and expect a post after i have played it however it may take a while because i really get into this scenario :) once again great work guys:goodjob:

horsematrix,

Welcome back!
Thank you for the positive words.

Of course I remember you from the days when the scenario
was still young and both Procifica and I worked with it.

I am glad to see that you still are around at CFC.

There is also a C3C version (at another thread) by Misfit travel
and the The Last Conformist.

Again: Welcome back!

Rocoteh

Cheezy the Wiz said:
I have an interesting idea, and it won't take but a minute. As of now there are two civs, USA ans CSA. Why not make them into two alliances, or rather MPP? Each state would be a civ, this would simulate how individual states where conquered, and would make for a far more interesting game, not to say it's not great already, im just adding flavor. I think this might cause much longer turn deadtime though. Thoughts?
Another idea I had can be used in conjunction with this or in the normal game, but give state-unique units, such as Tenessee regiments that can only be built in Tenessee, and would reflect the uniqueness of the area's troops, such as stronger defence and whatnot. This can be done in the same way that El Justo did the N Korean Infantry and the B-52 plant in his TCW.

Cheezy the Wiz,

I think you have very interesting ideas here.

On ACW and the future:

I do not know if Misfit travel and The Last Conformist plans
to make more versions of ACW C3C.

With regard to me I would not rule out to make an ACW Civ 4 scenario.
It will depend on whether there will be a real editor for Civ 4 or not.

Rocoteh

Very VERY nice scenario. This is best. _The_ best Civ3 scenario I have seen. Turn time is reasonable. Realism is high. playability is very good. Units are sufficiently complex and interdependent without being overwhelming. Unknowns (even for a general history buff and American buff) are excellent on first naive startup. I can't even think of any off the top of my head suggestions to make it any better! Apart from having a house rule about some sort of arty stack limit, it seems basically perfect.

Anthropoid said:
Very VERY nice scenario. This is best. _The_ best Civ3 scenario I have seen. Turn time is reasonable. Realism is high. playability is very good. Units are sufficiently complex and interdependent without being overwhelming. Unknowns (even for a general history buff and American buff) are excellent on first naive startup. I can't even think of any off the top of my head suggestions to make it any better! Apart from having a house rule about some sort of arty stack limit, it seems basically perfect.

Anthropoid,

Thank you for the positive words.

3 years after the scenario was launched I think its still among
the best.

It would be interesting to make an ACW scenario for CIV IV.
Time will tell if it is possible.

Rocoteh

Hello
I am an avid Civ III player and have the Gold Edition : PTW; I have heard great things about this mod and following its download into the PTW Scenarios folder I can no longer start Civ III from the CD-ROM nor can I delete it (for a reinstall) from the ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS menu in Control Panel. It was working fine prior to the download and wanted to know if anybody else has had this problem regarding this download. I have tried to manually delete the CivIII folders in My Computer and in the Registry to no avail; Although all the program files appear to have been deleted from my computer - the computer still recognizes the program as being installed because when I boot from the Civ iii CD it will not let me Install the game - only the Uninstall option appears and when I hit that button it goes to the ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS Wizard and when I hit the delete button it says it does so but the Civ III game is still under my ADD OR REMOVE Programs list.
Any Suggestions?
I can't even play CIV III at the moment and the only for sure remedy I can think of is to reformat my computer which I would rather not do. Any suggestions with anybody who has had a similar problem would be much appreciated.
Sincerely
slophantom (Halo2)

slophantom,

I have heard many reports on the Gold Edition and that
downloaded scenarios will not work with it.

Maybe someone who owns the Gold Edition and read this
can post here with advice on how to solve the problem.

Rocoteh

Edit: There is probably still a CIVIII-folder in the file-system.
My advise is that you locate that folder and remove it, so it will
be possible to reinstall.

Rocoteh said:
I do not know if Misfit travel and The Last Conformist plans
to make more versions of ACW C3C.
We have no plans for such.

Speaking of the C3C version, you can find it here. If you have C3C, I heartily recommend playing that instead of this version - it makes good use of the many new modding possibilities that C3C opened up.

The Last Conformist said:
We have no plans for such.

Speaking of the C3C version, you can find it here. If you have C3C, I heartily recommend playing that instead of this version - it makes good use of the many new modding possibilities that C3C opened up.

I second that.
C3C took the scenario further.
For example it took away the bizarre culture-flips!

Rocoteh

I sincerely hope that last comment was meant in jest.

The ACW series of scenarios were meant to offer a simulation of the military and economic aspects of the conflict, it doesn't deal with any of the political side.

The scenario rules specifically indicate that razing of cities is forbidden.

I hope you will download it and play it. There were a great many contributors to this project who equally deserve the good comments made by the many players who have enjoyed it.

If we ever see a CIV 4 scenario editor, and can find someone willing to draw a decent map of the eastern half of the U.S., it would probably be worth putting together another version. Time will tell....

I hope you enjoy the scenario (whichever flavour you play).

Regards
Misfit

William GBTW said:
I will; if it supports razing my people's towns and raping my people's wives then I'll edit it.

So why would Procifica, I, The Last Conformist and Misfit travel
want to make a scenario that supports raping?

You assume that the ACW-scenario is anti-South.
Why?

Rocoteh

Top Bottom