Scenario League Wiki

Hi Tech,

There used to be a link on the post #5 on the apolyton.net website for but it’s no longer active.

Fortunately, I printed the guide a few years back and attached it in the form of a pdf to this post.

Uploading to the Scenario League site can be a little intimidating the first time around but once you’ve done it’s fairly straightforward. It will be very useful for you to read the guide first but here are a few tips:

• You must be logged into to the SL to be able to post a scenario and to do so, if you haven’t already done so, you must create an account (the link is on the top right hand side of the home page). It’s very easy, all is required is to provide a user name and password.

• Once you are logged in you will notice, there are two sections of interest on the left side menu:
    • Toolbox menu section (at the bottom): you will find a new link called “Upload file” where you will, obviously, be able to upload all the scenario zip files and all the images needed for creating your scenario webpage.

• Scenarios menu section (near the top): as you can see the menu section is divided by era (Ancient Ages, Middle Ages, Age of Discovery, etc). When adding a new scenario you will first need to create a link in the appropriate era before a new page for your scenario will be made available.

• When you are in a scenarios era main page (with the link to all the other scenarios) or you will notice on the top of the page an “Edit” button. If you click on that button, the code for all the links for that era page will appear.

Simply select and copy one link and then paste it the appropriate alphabetical order that your scenario name will have. Then you can simply modify the new link to reflect your own scenario details

• The icon image used for the link must be a 61x61 pixel png file.

NOTE: It’s very important to precisely note down the file names you are uploading because you’ll need to use those exact names when adding them the reference to them in you scenario pages.

NOTE: Any images used in the link page and your scenario should be png files.

IMPORTANT: when in the links page be careful not to delete or modify the other links.
  • When it comes time to creating your own scenario page, I recommend you first look for another page from another scenario that you believe is similar in layout to your own, click on the Edit button and copy the code.

Then go back to your own scenario page, and similar to the era link simply modify the page according to your own needs.

Again, it’s very important to use the exact names when referencing any image file you want to include in your webpage.

That’s it for now. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Guide to uploading to S-League.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Who is the editor of the Scenario League Wiki at the moment? Last I remember it was McMonkey. Anyway, I went to my old page and tried to edit it (it's empty). And this is what I got:

User:Techumseh

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

The title "User:Techumseh" has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: User:.*

You can view and copy the source of this page:

Can someone tell me how I got blacklisted? And how I get unblacklisted? Many thanks.

Who is the editor of the Scenario League Wiki at the moment? Last I remember it was McMonkey. Anyway, I went to my old page and tried to edit it (it's empty). And this is what I got:

User:Techumseh

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

The title "User:Techumseh" has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: User:.*

You can view and copy the source of this page:

Can someone tell me how I got blacklisted? And how I get unblacklisted? Many thanks.

McMonkey gave me admin rights. I'll see if I can figure out what to do. Do you have an account already, or do you need one created?

I think the SL Wiki was locked down because its security (and everything else about it) is massively out of date (captchas are just adding a couple numbers). We might consider moving to one of those free Wiki sites so everything can be up to date (and we don't have to bother the admins here about it).

@techumseh

I've given you administrator and bureaucrat rights, so you should be able to change anything you need to.

Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Can I be added to the wiki too?

I can't find CurtSibling in the usernames for the SL. Have you registered there at some point? If not, I'll have to figure out how to register you.

Can I be added to the wiki too?

I think I've figure out how to register people.

I'll register you in the Scenario League as CurtSibling when I hear back from you. PM me a temporary password to use for the account (you can change it under the 'my preferences' option). (I would PM this instruction, but it appears I can't send messages to you.)

This might change your password for the forums, so be prepared to reset it also. For me they both change when I change the password in the forum. I'm not sure why. (This is also why I want to register you under the exact same name, so I don't inadvertently reset someone else's password.)

I do have an account, from when it was set up. Just can't add stuff. Since my own page has long since been shut down, I'm hoping to upload all my scenarios, but I want to collect them in one place. So a "techumseh" page on the wiki makes the most sense. I don't want to be an administrator. I just want to be un-blacklisted, if that's possible.

Can you make the changes that you want to now? I'll undo admin privileges when I have time to take a closer look at things and figure out exactly what you need.

Top Bottom