• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States

Given the voting consistency... we'll, we've covered it, but w/e.

Dredd Scott... the suspension of Habeus Corpus over its objections... Alien and Sedition Acts... we can keep working forward or backwards however we want.

I mean Citizen's United is pretty suck, but it's not like legislatures couldn't change how incorporation works. Nah, I'm going to have to agree that it's a politically gross case, and disagree with the rest. The fact that the legislature sucks too much to do it's job is not a great rationale for making the court the legislative upper house's complete *****.

By first whiff I guess I just mean I haven't heard any Republicans actually saying we should expand justices during the lame duck session. Have I been missing a trend? I thought that was mostly a thing for that idiot representative from New York.

The legislature cannot fundamentally alter the nature of incorporated businesses in this country because they have the rights of persons. These were granted to the corporations by judicial fiat. Their power to levy this decision was also usurped by fiat.

Top Bottom