Scout to Dragoon?

Flash1

Prince
How do I convert a decorated scout unit into a Dragoon?

The same way you convert any other unit to dragoon.
Assign him a new profession. Need to be in your settlement and need 50 Horses & Muskets each (He probably already got the horses)

I tried but the option for dragoon is missing. But I can make him a soldier.

You are missing the horses then, i think.
Is the Guy mounted already ? If yes you should be able to make him Dragoon (with just 50 guns) - i know this to be working.
If he's not mounted yet, then he need horses. Horses/Guns must be in city inventory. Can't be in Transport.

If you have Guns and Horses, you might have found a bug.

He is mounted, but my only option is to make him a soldier and if I do make him a soldier then he loses the horses. very frustrating.

^^ It's usually not necessary.
I am looking at a Dragoon i made from a Scout (directly) right now, so i am sure it does work - at least sometimes.
But if it helps, try it....

If not... it sounds like a bug. Sorry about this :(

You might need to doublecheck everything.
But from i read - you do have Guns and you do have Horses, and you do have a Unit (Are you sure on that ? ;)).
If no :smoke: turns up, maybe report it in the Bug forum.

If he is already mounted, making him something else won't cause you to lose the horses ... in fact Soldiers, Dragoons, Scouts and Pioneers give their equipment (guns, horses and tools) to any city they join (not garrison, but work a slot).

You can then assign someone else that profession or re-assign it to the original unit as you see fit, or use them as fuel for completing a building or other unit.

I've got a 42 XP Scout, with 3 options... Colonist, Missionary, or Soldier.

Post a save maybe.

Spoiler :
You can attach smallisch files directly to a post if you use "Go Advancend"->"Manage Attachments" buttons instead of "Quick Reply" (In case you don'tyet know..)

Are you playing either of the longer game types?

The requirement for horses/guns/tools increases for the longer game types, Epic->75, Marathon->150

I'm playing as Washington on Marathon.

Attachments

• Scout.jpg
    Scout.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 131
TJJ,

Yes. The Guns had belonged to a veteran soldier.

LS,

I made him a in settlement colonist and I tried to make him a soldier, but in either case, I failed to make him a dragoon.

thanks,
that is a pain in the rear.

Top Bottom