Serbia as playable civ

LAnkou said:
here is the .dds i've done for your flag, tell me if it works properly now

EDIT: whoops rename it to .dds and that's ok
I figured out that I have some technical problems about this kind of Flags. It apperas to be totally white(But it also happens when I play American Revolution), so I'll have to try it on some other computer. I'll let you know if its OK. Thank you very much anyway. :goodjob:

Yes, Serbia. Totally needed this. Maybe a Bulgar civ as well?

Hi!

After instalations of your mod I got a BARBAR civilization with SID MEIER
as animated leader. Is it part of your mod or ist ist only coincidence ????

tanmeagoor said:
Hi!

After instalations of your mod I got a BARBAR civilization with SID MEIER
as animated leader. Is it part of your mod or ist ist only coincidence ????
I wish it was. That would mean I know how to create real animated leaderheads. ;) How cool that would be :cool:

As for slovenian civ... if you are doing it you coud use Milan Kučar for a leader and Slovenian Freedom Fighter as a UU.Expecialy if you will make a fall of Jugoslavija.

Every honour, guys :) Awesome thread. I'll try it first thing tonight...

"Hajduk" as a UU - genius, pure genius (although that turbo folk singer suggestion wasn't too bad...), mind you, I would make that unit have 2 movement points - weren't they known as best guerrila fighters famous for quick hits and quick retreats?

BTW, there is really only one option for Slovenian UU: a special alpine unit "Bojan Križaj"?

Mr_V said:
Every honour, guys :) Awesome thread. I'll try it first thing tonight...

"Hajduk" as a UU - genius, pure genius (although that turbo folk singer suggestion wasn't too bad...), mind you, I would make that unit have 2 movement points - weren't they known as best guerrila fighters famous for quick hits and quick retreats?
Well, I was thinking what do give to Hajduk:

1. movement bonus(but I quit that because hajduks would have the same attributes as French musketeers)
2. some kind of stealing small amount of gold when beating a unit, but I couldnt find the way to do it.
3. less cost
4. hills bonus
5. forests bonus
6. gunpowder bonus

Well thats a lot of options.
My thinking was that I just have to give them some hills bonus, and if I gave them +1 movement too, they would be overpowered, so I chose small gunpowder bonus. I think(and hope) I didnt make a mistake.

Velja said:
Well thats a lot of options.
My thinking was that I just have to give them some hills bonus, and if I gave them +1 movement too, they would be overpowered, so I chose small gunpowder bonus. I think(and hope) I didnt make a mistake.

I think the best way to make a good unique unit is not to mess with its base stats but simply give them improvements that provide the right flavour. If I were you I'd give them Guerilla I&II. That would make them rulers of the hills.

LAnkou said:
the 4 promotion are too much...
give him 1 (maybe 2)

It cannot attack, has strength of 1(since it is the weakest unit in game it deserves more promotions to make it interesting), and guerilla and woodsman are not cumulative(either guerilla in hills or woodsman in woods and jungles, or no effect in plains). Plus it can only upgrade to explorer, another unit that cannot attack, and explorer cannot upgrade to any other unit(no mech inf with guerilla I&II and woodsman I&II). This bonus would be great for safe early exploration, but would not imbalance the game afterwards.

Mr_V said:
"Hajduk" as a UU - genius, pure genius (although that turbo folk singer suggestion wasn't too bad...)
Ok,then let's hear your briliant idea?!What to do you thing is the best UU for Serbia.

Anima Croatorum said:
I think the best way to make a good unique unit is not to mess with its base stats but simply give them improvements that provide the right flavour. If I were you I'd give them Guerilla I&II. That would make them rulers of the hills.

Good point.
Hajduk should be "the ruler" of the forests an hills.

But he has to have ability to attack and not to recive defance bonus, as they were atacker not defender in the past.

@ Velja
Ma daj promeni mu tu kapu, izgleda k'o šumar iz slovenije... Hajduci su nosili šubare!!

Another sugestion to Velja:

Traits that you gave to Serbian leader are not good at all (specially Spiritual, since Car Dusan was anything else, but spiritual. Agressive is not good as well. Here's what I think: Expansive (He forced Byzantians to withdrow not only by military force but with the wawe of population (Serbian) overtaking the teritories = Cheaper Granaries and lighthouses IIrc)
and Organized (he was a master of state organization since he delt with huge empire and army - and we all know what hepened when he died, empire was too big for his enheritor that simply colapsed.

favours: Heridertary Rules, ofcourse

Please take this as a serious consederation.

Inače je vrlo dobro!

Што се другог, евентуално, вође тиче предлажем ти ако можеш да направиш Оца модерне Српске нације КАРА Ђорђа Петровића.:)

translate

Second leader could be, eventualy, Karageorgie Petrovic.
Traits Agressive & Creative!
Favours:Nationhood

Attachments

• Karadjordje.jpg
    Karadjordje.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 371
Top Bottom