Serbia as playable civ

Alone said:
Good point.
Hajduk should be "the ruler" of the forests an hills.

But he has to have ability to attack and not to recive defance bonus, as they were atacker not defender in the past.
Ok, I'll see to change something about that tomorrow.

Alone said:
@ Velja
Ma daj promeni mu tu kapu, izgleda k'o šumar iz slovenije... Hajduci su nosili šubare!!
Ne mogu to da promenim, moram da uzmem oblik vec postojece jedinice(french musketeer u ovom slucaju) i mogu samo da promenim skin....

Alone said:
Another sugestion to Velja:

Threats that you gave to Serbian leader are not good at all (specially Spiritual, since Car Dusan was anything else, but spiritual. Agressive is not good as well. Here's what I think: Expansive (He forced Byzantians to withdrow not only by military force but with the wawe of population (Serbian) overtaking the teritories = Cheaper Granaries and lighthouses IIrc)
and Organized (he was a master of state organization since he delt with huge empire and army - and we all know what hepened when he died, empire was too big for his enheritor that simply colapsed.
Well he was our greatest leader :king: , so giving this to him maybe wouldnt be a huge mistake... Still you cant deny him being aggressive. Most of the territory he gained was by conquering... Spiritual (monastery-making)was nature of all Nemanjic family, so I think I'll stay with these traits.

Alone said:
favours: Heridertary Rules, ofcourse
That is already on. ;)

Padma said:
Note: in English the word is "traits", not "threats". ;)

"Threats" are when you threaten someone, i.e., "if you do this, I will kill you."

aiiii...my spelling:mad: again :D I guess I should finally find some nice English speaking female teacher for my English grammar;) Padma, brother, don't kill me please:D

Velja said:
....Well he was our greatest leader :king: , so giving this to him maybe wouldnt be a huge mistake... Still you cant deny him being aggressive. Most of the territory he gained was by conquering... Spiritual (monastery-making)was nature of all Nemanjic family, so I think I'll stay with these traits.
I'm not saying that he was not aggressive, just that that two TRAITS (that I sugested were maybe better look-like his real character). As for spiritual - if you take that as Nemanjic family trait, than it's OK.
Anyway, that's your mod, so you can do it, as you think is apropriate. I don't know how to do moding at all, so only what's left me is to critisized others;) :D
Very nice that you made this, anyhow, and soon i'll try to play:goodjob:

PS I've must made some more grammar erors....but where:mischief: :D

Corey said:
Ok,then let's hear your briliant idea?!What to do you thing is the best UU for Serbia.

What do you mean? I wasn't being sarcastic :) I just geniuinely thought that having "Hajduk" as a UU was a good idea.

I was also thinking of a second leader - it could really be one of the only two:
-Karađorđe
-Kralj Petar I

I have a big dilemma abou our UU...

It is true that they should have forests and hills bonus, but I can only set defensive bonus in terrain type, not attacking or overall. Also, Hajduks were known as fast units(fast for this type of terrain)... So, I was thinking should I give them some % for retreat??? Or perhaps IgnoreTerrainCost???But than again, I dont want to give them retreat option (or IgnoreTerrainCost) and guerilla I and woodsman I, because I dont wanna make them to be a superunit you dont wish to upgrade :) .

So should I give them GUERILLA I & WOODSMAN I ?
If not, say what you think is right? But please think good about it.

Nice one Veljo! thnx for sharing :)

btw, as I'm pretty noob with this kind of stuff, could you or someone else plz explain me what is the best way to add a custom civ into the game?

I've tryed some kind of manual workaround, but the result wasn't 100% as I've expected.

thnx

What do you think about King's gard for UU?They excist for very long time.

Hajduk is the best choice (or maibe PARTIZANI,they could be also UU for Serbia),I agree about serbian leader,you made an excelent choice,second leader could be Milos Obrenovic or Karadjordje,what to say,excelent work brother!!!

Anima Croatorum said:
Yes, it well balanced. Once they gain xp they can improve further, but this sets them in the right direction. Plain musketman with Guerilla I and Woodsman I. Best solution.
Well, the thing that is bothering me is that with guerilla and woodsman Hajduk will get good defensive bonus, but actually they were good attacking unit in woods and hills. This is why I gave them +25% vs GUNpowder units in the first place.
Still don't know what to do....

Corey said:
What do you think about King's gard for UU?They excist for very long time.
I dont know....Hajduk seems better to me.

vapa said:
I agree about serbian leader,you made an excelent choice,second leader could be Milos Obrenovic or Karadjordje
I think I'll make Karadjodje.

Velja said:
Well, the thing that is bothering me is that with guerilla and woodsman Hajduk will get good defensive bonus, but actually they were good attacking unit in woods and hills. This is why I gave them +25% vs GUNpowder units in the first place.
Still don't know what to do....
If you cann't changed..leave it like that 25%vs gunpowder and woodsmanI

I dont know....Hajduk seems better to me.
maybe the only one apropriate (and suggested long time ago in one of the threads here for CivIIImod). At that time I sugested Infantry from WWI or some Medival Mace Infantry on horse (something like King Marko -sa sve šarcem i buzdovanom:D ).
And NOT any kind of cetnik or partizan unit!!!

I think I'll make Karadjodje.
Not like some -nations- we have so many of them to choose:)

Car Stefan Dusan Silni (medival) together with Vozd Karadjordje Petrovic (industrial) are the best choice.

But you would not mistake much with Veliki Zupan Stefan Nemanja or Knjaz Milos Obranovic!

Also Some more Nemanjic's: Stefan Firstcrowned, King Stefan Uros Milutin etc.
More medival: King Vukasin Mrnjavcevic, Knez Lazar Hrebelanovic, Despot Stefan Lazarevic or Djuradj Brankovic

Arsenije Charnojevich would be interesting (well he was a Leader also -in Renecansse period-)

Knez MIhajlo Obrenovic or King Petar I Karadjordjevic (Mrkonjic) Revanger Of Kosovo....

If you made Karadjordje put him to be Aggressive and Creative (and atleast for sake of difference made Dusan Expansionistic and Spiritual - I know that you are stubborn as any Serb, but I'm the one as well:D - well I agreed with you on Spiritual;) )

Picture that I send could be nice for leader-pic (but there is so many of them).
But would be nice if you can made it like CivArmy made "his" leader heads. Or we (you) could ask him for a help for this part:)
Someone also mentioned that can change look of -Hajduk-. If you can DO it, please. We shoud make this as best as possible:cool: I can only give suggestion, don't know anythig else:( :blush: .

I didnot tried yet (But I hope List of cities will not be disapointing) Did you included Ras, Ribnica, Onogosht, Ston, Trabunia, Zvechan, Moravski Gradac, Uzice, Nerodimlje, Prizren, Skoplje, Skadar, Ser etc... or just plain modern Serbs cities?!

Alone said:
Did you included Ras, Ribnica, Onogosht, Ston, Trabunia, Zvechan, Moravski Gradac, Uzice, Nerodimlje, Prizren, Skoplje, Skadar, Ser etc... or just plain modern Serbs cities?!
List of cities is long, but I mostly included modern cities.

Here it is:
<Cities>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BEOGRAD</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NOVI_SAD</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SMEDEREVO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NIS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RAS</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_KRAGUJEVAC</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_KRALJEVO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PEC</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_UZICE</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PRISTINA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ZRENJANIN</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CACAK</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_KOSOVSKA_MITROVICA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SABAC</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SUBOTICA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NOVI_PAZAR</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NEGOTIN</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_LESKOVAC</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PIROT</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SID</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BACKA_PALANKA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ZEMUN</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SREMSKA_MITROVICA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VALJEVO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SMEDEREVSKA PALANKA</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_POZAREVAC</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_JAGODINA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CUPRIJA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PARACIN</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VRANJE</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_GORNJI_MILANOVAC</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ARANDJELOVAC</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_VELIKA_PLANA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SOMBOR</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_KIKINDA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_POZEGA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PROKUPLJE</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_LOZNICA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BELA_PALANKA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_LJUBOVIJA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MAJDANPEK</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BOR</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_GNJILANE</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOPOLA</City> <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TRSTENIK</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_PRIBOJ</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_KLADOVO</City>
<City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_RUMA</City>
</Cities>

Napravio sam news item za hrvatsku i srpsku civilizaciju na sajtu http://www.civilizacija.net . Nadam se da &#263;u ih uskoro isprobati.

Ne znam kako ste napravili leaderheads, vjerojatno stati&#269;ka slika? S obzirom na to da &#263;e CivIV biti u opticaju jedno tri &#269;etiri godine, mo&#382;da bi se isplatilo napraviti i 3D model da bude profesionalno :)

For people asking about comprehensive Balkan Mod or scenario - you can find a couple of Civ2 scenarios about breakup of Yugoslavia. If someone knows of a Civ3 mod in same theme please let me know. I would also be interested in seing the subject redone in Civ4, but I understand that it would be somewhat controversial. I hope to at least see some good scenarios about middle ages, arrival of Croats, struggles of Balkan peoples with Turks and similar stuff.

Good work all and keep it coming :b:

VetLegion said:
Napravio sam news item za hrvatsku i srpsku civilizaciju na sajtu http://www.civilizacija.net . Nadam se da &#263;u ih uskoro isprobati.

Ne znam kako ste napravili leaderheads, vjerojatno stati&#269;ka slika? S obzirom na to da &#263;e CivIV biti u opticaju jedno tri &#269;etiri godine, možda bi se isplatilo napraviti i 3D model da bude profesionalno :)

For people asking about comprehensive Balkan Mod or scenario - you can find a couple of Civ2 scenarios about breakup of Yugoslavia. If someone knows of a Civ3 mod in same theme please let me know. I would also be interested in seing the subject redone in Civ4, but I understand that it would be somewhat controversial. I hope to at least see some good scenarios about middle ages, arrival of Croats, struggles of Balkan peoples with Turks and similar stuff.

Good work all and keep it coming :b:

Agree with you on topic 100%.

There is some Serbian Civ for III done (one from CivArmy /the best leaderheads maker of all by my opinion/ Karadjordje and one made by some other member with Dusan /also great job/) and when I have more time I'll send here link or position were it is so you can put it on your site.

I'm not aware of any other Civs from ex-yu, that does not mean there is no any.

CivArmy did nice Bulgarian Civ tho!

As I stated 3d would made this truely professional and would last longer.

&#1045;&#1074;&#1086; &#1089;&#1072;&#1076; &#1084;&#1072;&#1083;&#1086; &#1076;&#1072; &#1090;&#1080; &#1080; &#1112;&#1072; &#1088;&#1077;&#1082;&#1083;&#1072;&#1084;&#1080;&#1088;&#1072;&#1084; &#1089;&#1072;&#1112;&#1090; (&#1080; &#1090;&#1086; &#1085;&#1072; -&#1057;&#1088;&#1087;&#1089;&#1082;&#1086;&#1084;-:D ). &#1050;&#1086;&#1084;&#1077; &#1112;&#1077; &#1083;&#1072;&#1082;&#1096;&#1077; &#1076;&#1072; &#1086; &#1086;&#1074;&#1086;&#1112; &#1080;&#1075;&#1088;&#1080;&#1094;&#1080; &#1076;&#1080;&#1089;&#1082;&#1091;&#1090;&#1091;&#1112;&#1077; &#1085;&#1072; &#1085;&#1072;&#1096;&#1077;&#1084; &#1112;&#1077;&#1079;&#1080;&#1082;&#1091; &#1091;&#1095;&#1083;&#1072;&#1085;&#1080;&#1090;&#1077; &#1089;&#1077; &#1085;&#1072; &#1075;&#1086;&#1088;&#1077; &#1087;&#1086;&#1084;&#1077;&#1085;&#1091;&#1090;&#1080; &#1089;&#1072;&#1112;&#1090; &#1062;&#1048;&#1042;&#1048;&#1051;&#1048;&#1047;&#1040;&#1062;&#1048;&#1032;&#1040;.&#1053;&#1045;&#1058; ("&#1089;&#1082;&#1088;&#1086;&#1079; &#1094;&#1080;&#1074;&#1080;&#1083;&#1080;&#1079;&#1080;&#1088;&#1072;&#1085; &#1089;&#1072;&#1112;&#1090;":D )
translate: it's just a call to join VetLegin's site

There how it look like

Attachments

• Du.jpg
    Du.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 387
And this is CivArmy's Black George:goodjob:

Attachments

• serbia026ew.jpg
    serbia026ew.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 379
Top Bottom