Settled on Wine and got no happiness from it... wtf??

layelaye

Warlord
So in my most recent game ive settled on a wine resource, that i previously pillaged from the burnt polish city of Lodz.
Its deep into the classical era and i already have calendar for a while.

Iv'e settled on both sugar and spices in this game and got my happiness from these resources.

I do not have any other source of wine, not from city states, nor from trade. pointing to the happiness level, it shows happiness from gold, silver, sugar, spices and ivory. No wine.

Wtf?

Is it possible pillaging the resource before settling on it somehow bugged the game?

how do i fix this? (tried reloading a couple of times, and playing an extra couple of turns - neither did anything).

help!

There is another thread about not getting access to a strategic resource when the resource was pillaged and then a Great General created a citadel on top of it.

So maybe there is an issue with pillaged resources setting a flag, and settling a new city (or planting a citadel) does not fix the flag setting.

I don't think a pillaged tile can be used to any benefit without repairing it first with a worker.
Logic would tell that settling a city would accomplish the same thing, but apparently it doesn't.
Another logic, though, would argue that settling a city on top of a luxury that is in a forest/marsh/jungle tile would automatically require that forest/marsh/jungle to be cleared (hence why this automatically happens when you found a city) But, on a pillaged tile, there isn't actually anything there in the way of a city builg built, so the pillaging would not be automatically repaired.

Of course you should be able to fix the pillaging even after founding a city.. So in that respect there's a bug, or a feature less than well thought out...

I don't mean to be captain obvious, but have you tried sending a worker to the city to see if you can repair it?

Top Bottom