SGOTM 11 - Psycho Bunnies

IBT – We lose an infantryman to a Viking counter attack in one of our front line cities.

1605 – At Hamburg, we lose two elite tanks against redlined infantrymen. :gripe:

At Copenhagen – we lose four tanks and a cav army but finally capture the city.

That was a tough nut to crack.

Bombard Tours. Knock off several defenders and we get this good news:

Tank Army. Once again after selling everything off, it becomes Was Tours.

March on Berlin. Move a tank army to pillage Trondheim. Fail again planting a spy. We do bomb a few tiles in Trondheim.

We’re now at 69/74. Two more turns to play. I doubt I’ll get to 75% land so Sanabas or Bede will get to put us over the top. I’ll finish these tomorrow evening.

pillage Trondheim
Very good idea to take the 16 turn build to something closer to tripple digits.

Nice work gang.

Are we mobilized?

I didn't mobilize since it didn't seem necessary and I wanted the capability to rush temples.

We aren't mobilized, just for the reason Whomper stated.

BTW, I didn't get the last two turns played tonight. RL took over.

IBT – A French force is landed on our continent. We have two invasions on the other continent.

1610 – At Grenoble, we lose an elite trying to take out a red-lined conscript infantryman, but capture the city.

Our attack at Berlin doesn’t have enough support so I stop after two retreats. Continue pillaging around Trondheim. Get caught planting a spy again. Sell oof, abandon and found Was Grenoble.

We’re at 70/76.

IBT – There are some serious counterattacks by the French and the Vikings. About four attacks each. Iron Works is completed.

1615 – At Paris – Bombard and kill the seven defenders.

Sell off, abandon and found Was Paris.

Found New Swazi. Fat finger an artillery into Viking lands.

At Aarhus – Using planes and artillery, and everything we can get to the city, we finally crack the nut.

Sell off, abandon and found Was Aarhus.

Found New Tugela and New Umtata.

I finally get an agent in Trondheim. I check out the city

So that’s good news.

We are at 72/78. Probably one more turn and we’ll have it. I have left several tanks unmoved so the next player can plan out the last turn. I would attack Bergen and fil in the open land with settlers. Marseilles and Berlin are also ripe for the taking. I don’t think I covered our artillery near France good enough so ensure you do that.

So who wants to win this thing for us?

Save: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/sgotm11/Psycho_Bunnies_SG011_AD1615_01.SAV

Whomper, I think you should pull the trigger.

OK I guess I'll play the last turn. Seriously though, if someone else wants to play it please do.

Ree, ree!
Kick 'em in the knee!

OK I guess I'll play the last turn. Seriously though, if someone else wants to play it please do.

I would like to but I don't think I should. My Iron Works build just finished. It could have been a few cavalry, a science farm, or just about anything else and would have been a much greater benefit.

I do understand the economics but I'm constantly lured by the aestetics of that perfectly placed city to reach it's full potential even if it does get there a year or two before the end of the game.

Resistance is futile. :scan: :borg:

I couldn't get this till now and I'm too tired. If someone wants to finish please do or I will tomorrow.

I would like to but I don't think I should. My Iron Works build just finished. It could have been a few cavalry, a science farm, or just about anything else and would have been a much greater benefit.

I do understand the economics but I'm constantly lured by the aestetics of that perfectly placed city to reach it's full potential even if it does get there a year or two before the end of the game.

Resistance is futile. :scan: :borg:
And a bunch of us let it continue building, so quit :spank: on yourself. This is a team. :band: Or at least a band. :D

And a bunch of us let it continue building, so quit :spank: on yourself. This is a team. :band: Or at least a band. :D

Ya, that's right! You guys and gal (Harriet, you're culpable as well) really screwed that up! I DO blame you. :D ;) :mischief:

I will instead take credit for the Chicago Bears fantastic season and will instruct Coach Smith to sack his spiraling QB.

Hey, now that we're at this stage can we start peeking at the other team threads? I can't for the life of me see why not.

Ya, that's right! You guys and gal (Harriet, you're culpable as well) really screwed that up! I DO blame you. :D ;) :mischief:

I'll willingly take my full share of the blame. After all, I could have played and shown you guys how it's "supposed to be" done. :mischief: :crazyeye: :lol:

Technically JB, we have to wait until the game is over before looking.

Save before the winner

The 1630 Save

We are at 72/78. Probably one more turn and we’ll have it. I have left several tanks unmoved so the next player can plan out the last turn. I would attack Bergen and fil in the open land with settlers. Marseilles and Berlin are also ripe for the taking. I don’t think I covered our artillery near France good enough so ensure you do that.

Move on Marsellies and Berlin with some tanks. Each look like they can be bombarded with arty. Let's see if I can finish this in one.
IT get attacked and lose a tank and a city to the french. Lose another tank to a French tank, another attacks a infantry and loses. Phew. Take a injured mech attacking a infantry. Lose Franfurt on a flip. We drop to 70/78. Shoot.
1620 Take Marseilles and get back to 71/79. Mismove a settler. Place two others. Then place a new city so I can get to Orleans. Bombard it and take out all 3 infantry now 72/81. Aerial bombardment on Franfurt kills the rifle now 73/81. Work on Bergen wasting 3 mechs and a tank. Take the city to bring us to 73/83. I need more settlers. Investigate Berlin and see this.

Decide to attack the city without arty or aerial support. Lose one tank and take the city bringing us to 74/83. If I can get 3 settlers next turn I should be able to take three german cities. The French cities are on hills so they are less attractive to hit. The French only have 2 tanks left so that's good.
IT Take one French tank but lose a tank to the other. Cool. A mech hits Copenhagen and loses. We lose Copenhagen anyhow to a flip. We're at 74/83.
1625 Investigate Munich (lost the pic?), Konigsberg and Leigzig.

Abandon Berlin and establish New Berlin to attack both Munich and Konigsberg. Bombard Munich and easily take the city. Do the same at Konigsberg and again take the city. We're at 75/84. Finish off Leipzig and the Germans have one city left. Explore Rheims.

Bombard the city. Lose 2 tanks but take the city to bring us to 76/85.

And tada...

Summary
Good game everyone! Once again it's always fun running with the old warhorses. That was a really interesting variant. I'm not sure what the other teams did to conquer so early but it will be interesting to see what we could've done differently.

Good job, guys! :cool: Thanks for letting me tag along for the ride. :D

Well, if you look at the chart of territory it seems we're the first to finish.

If that's the case the I'm sure the others are keeping a close eye on each other's charts to read the tea leaves and determine of extra risks are needed to grab the laurels.

That's why I hate the charts. They give away too much info.

Top Bottom