SGOTM 15 - One Short Straw

THink I'd rather build the GLib asap than worry about a few coins. The reserve has its uses. We can't whip the forge till we get to pop6, unless you put 60 hammers in it and we don't really want to put a chop in there, I don't think.

But it makes no sense to grow into :mad: on this turn, right? Oh... you're saying grow ASAP to 6 pops and damn the :mad:. The sooner we hit 6 pops the sooner we whip the forge.

Mitchum, I think Kyoto needs those two river mines asap. The one with the chop should go into the GLib after the forge is done, if we're still going for the forge.

xpost

If we can get to pop6 fairly fast despite the :mad: and get the needed 30h into the forge build, then that's probably ideal.

Well, we can screw the :mad:, work max food and whip at 6 pops. Or, we can slow things down a bit and work commerce tiles. If GLib is the priority, then it's all out food, grow to 6 I think.

Then we need to be able to work the copper and as many mines as possible. Not sure how many will be possible with all that MotherF..land unhappiness.

xpost

Well, we can screw the :mad:, work max food and whip at 6 pops. Or, we can slow things down a bit and work commerce tiles. If GLib is the priority, then it's all out food, grow to 6 I think.
Just dont' forget that pop6 doesn't help us till 30h is in the forge build.

We are at 12 turns of whip unhappiness. We have 24/26F with +11F/turn. If we grow next turn, we'll have 21/28F with +9F and one pissed off camper. Next turn we'll grow again. One :mad: goes away so we'll be at 16/30 with +9F, 5 pops and one pissed off camper. I think this approach to 6 pops is the way to go. I'll steal the copper back from Tokyo to get more hammers (currently 5/120). All chops will go into the GLib.

This will be complicated because I have two chops coming in so I'll have to switch away from the forge for 1T. Getting the 30H will be tight. We get 3H/turn. Will be 6H/turn with the copper mine.

We need 30H - 5H = 25 hammers. We may just make it...

Mithcum, don't let the chops go into the GLIB before the forge is done!!!

Good point. Dang. And I walked onto that GForHill already. Oh well. I guess I can build a road there so that I can get back without losing a turn later... In any event, I'll spend 2 worker turns pre-chopping first.

Good point. Dang. And I walked onto that GForHill already. Oh well. I guess I can build a road there so that I can get back without losing a turn later... In any event, I'll spend 2 worker turns pre-chopping first.
Well we need the mine there anyway. SHOuldn't be a problem.

Well, Hammy suicided 2 HAs, a sword and a chariot. The pike took enough damage on the first battle that we had axes defending against the last 3 units and won them all!! :goodjob:

Fishing village now has 2 swords, axe, chariot and spear.

Hammy will give us CoL in a peace deal!! Wait. It says he will trade CoL in the log but when I ask him what's the price for peace he only puts Sailing on the table.

Should I put CoL on the table and ask him if he'll accept it or should we wait?

Hammy will give us CoL in a peace deal!! Wait. It says he will trade CoL in the log but when I ask him what's the price for peace he only puts Sailing on the table.

Should I put CoL on the table and ask him if he'll accept it or should we wait?
Sure, you could try it, why not? Doubt you'll get it though. :)

EDIT: Forget that. It looks like the log says he is willing to trade because he's talking to us again, not because he's willing to actually give us CoL. My hunch is that Sailing is all he'll give us right now.

Top Bottom