SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

Good on the existing road, Then that worker in Tours should road 1SW (not 1SE) since the new city is going to block the road after we DOW. and the worker 1&3 from Chin only need to road 1 tile. Try to improve the Gem in the same time once the border pops in Chin

Don't road the Iron in Poit since we might want to pillage the Iron in Rouen once we have produced enough maces while we don't want to pillage the iron tile in Poit, so keep it un-connected.

Yes, western stack does not need 4 swords so leaves 2 in the eastern stack.

About improvements: Except in Paris and Orleans, give all other unimproved tiles farms, windmills, and workshops if can't be irrigated.

Edit: Considering the workers in Cir, they better stay on mining the Gem before border pops, make sure to cancel the job next turn so that 2 workers can pasture the pig immediately-> mine the Gem. we can send 1 worker from Paris to help chop the forest after finishing the chop for UoS.

^ Duckweed
I'll still want to conect the "new city" (at least one road 1N of it) because it speeds the arrival of the Lyon > West front army prior to DOW.

I'll see as to get both road done without having a worker in a position to die to a Brennus Chariot.

Concerning not roading Poitier's iron, Fine with me but it delays the arival of W island catapults on the front by one turn.

I guess this is fine as you want to DOW in 5 turns (instead of 4 like I proposed)
We don't want to have West Bren city reach 40% defence though..

Edit: later DOW also means later Optic imo.

Discuss the opportunity? (if not in :sleep: mode already ofc)

I don't see how the road on 1N of Brennus' new city can speed up the troop movement in Lyons, we can go via 3S and 3S1W(this road is connected by the worker from Chin in 2 turns) of Tours if the PH tile is the connecting point.

We could DOW in 4 turns if we want to go with only 1 healthy mace, (edit: seems OK if we use 2 catas) while the only benefit is 1 turn earlier Dur.

BTW, let worker8 in Paris chop the forest 1SE since the forest 2N1E has more empty tiles around for regrowth. UoS should be done on T150

I am at turn 149.
We can declare in 2 turns :)
We'll have compass in 3 turns.

What do you ducks think of this deal?
Spoiler :

Let Brennus build some forges :)
(Ramsy also has HBR, and MC of course)
Edit: Will take the deal if no contrary order in 45'.

Another note on Brennus current settling spree
1 settler in the middle of his territory, could be embarking on a galley from Durnovaria (west attack) in 2 turns.

Spoiler :

No trade, his research rate is quite good now with Currency and shrine, MC opens Machinery, which is bad for our war. Don't research compass now please!

This turn no but next turn yes?
We declare in 2 turns and take a city in 3.
We need 3 turns to Optics I think.

Why do we need Optics now? Ram still can go for it when he completes Eng. Moreover, we can still get some libs up soon. Keep the tech on Edu now for potential trade in the future.:)

Do I stop here (Turn 151)

West front can DOW with 3 cata 3 maces 2 swords and 2 chariots, against presumably 1 archer and 2 axes with 20% defense + reinforcements IBT.

East front ready to enter Bren's with 5 cata and 2 swords.

Yes, please, pause for the final check. I know you like war, so it's great if you want to keep going tomorrow.;)

Uploaded the PAUSED save.
Spoiler :
Turn 147, 740 AD: Judaism has spread in Toulouse.
Turn 147, 740 AD: You have trained a Catapult in Lyons. Work has now begun on Christian Missionary.
Turn 147, 740 AD: You have trained a Maceman in Tours. Work has now begun on a Maceman.
Turn 147, 740 AD: You have trained Jewish Missionary in Chartres. Work has now begun on a Market.
Turn 147, 740 AD: You have constructed a Market in Avignon. Work has now begun on a Library.
Turn 147, 740 AD: You have constructed a Market in Dijon. Work has now begun on a Library.
Turn 147, 740 AD: You have constructed a Forge in Poitiers. Work has now begun on a Courthouse.

Turn 148, 760 AD: You have constructed a Library in Avignon. Work has now begun on a Wealth.
Turn 148, 760 AD: You have constructed a Library in Amiens. Work has now begun on a Market.
Turn 148, 760 AD: The borders of Circassian have expanded!

Turn 149, 780 AD: Paris can hurry University of Sankore for 5⇴ with 9ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 15 turns.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Tours can hurry Maceman for 1⇴ with 19ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 83 turns.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Marseilles has grown to size 6.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Marseilles can hurry Catapult for 1⇴ with 28ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 85 turns.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Toulouse has grown to size 4.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Toulouse can hurry Granary for 2⇴ with 26ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Aryan will be pacified on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Ramesses II has 50 gold available for trade.
Turn 149, 780 AD: The borders of Chinook are about to expand.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Ramesses II will trade Horseback Riding
Turn 149, 780 AD: Brennus will trade Horseback Riding
Turn 149, 780 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Paris.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Lyons will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Rheims will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Tours will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Chartres will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Avignon will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Rouen will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Dijon will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Amiens will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Cherbourg will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Poitiers will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Chinook will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Lyons will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Rheims will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Tours will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Chartres will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Avignon will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Rouen will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Dijon will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Amiens will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Cherbourg will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Poitiers will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: Chinook will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 149, 780 AD: You have constructed a Library in Dijon. Work has now begun on a Wealth.
Turn 149, 780 AD: You have constructed a Granary in Toulouse. Work has now begun on a Lighthouse.
Turn 149, 780 AD: The borders of Chinook have expanded!

Turn 150, 800 AD: Lyons has grown to size 8.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Rheims has grown to size 5.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Tours has grown to size 5.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Chartres has grown to size 8.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Chartres can hurry Market for 4⇴ with 28ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 58 turns.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Avignon has grown to size 5.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Rouen has grown to size 5.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Dijon has grown to size 4.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Amiens has grown to size 5.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Amiens can hurry Market for 2⇴ with 15ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 43 turns.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Cherbourg has grown to size 4.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Poitiers has grown to size 4.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Chinook has grown to size 4.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Chinook can hurry Forge for 2⇴ with 7ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Aryan has been pacified.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Brennus has 50 gold available for trade.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Ramesses II is the worst enemy of Brennus.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Ramesses II will trade Horseback Riding
Turn 150, 800 AD: Brennus will trade Horseback Riding
Turn 150, 800 AD: Brennus will trade Pig, Spices
Turn 150, 800 AD: Will Trade Map: Brennus
Turn 150, 800 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Paris.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Orleans will grow to size 10 on the next turn.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Marseilles will grow to size 7 on the next turn.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Grenoble will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Dijon will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Amiens will grow to size 6 on the next turn.
Turn 150, 800 AD: You have constructed a Market in Chartres. Work has now begun on a Wealth.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Mo Tzu (Great Prophet) has been born in Memphis (Ramesses II)!
Turn 150, 800 AD: The Statue of Zeus has been built in a far away land!
Turn 150, 800 AD: Judaism has spread in Bagacum.
Turn 150, 800 AD: Brennus has founded Nemetocenna.

Turn 151, 820 AD: Paris has grown to size 11.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Orleans has grown to size 10.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Lyons can hurry Maceman for 2⇴ with 12ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 57 turns.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Rheims can hurry Maceman for 2⇴ with 7ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 62 turns.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Marseilles has grown to size 7.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Grenoble has grown to size 4.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Grenoble can hurry Catapult for 2⇴ with 23ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 35 turns.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Dijon has grown to size 5.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Poitiers can hurry Courthouse for 2⇴ with 6ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 18 turns.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Toulouse can hurry Forge for 1⇴ with 4ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 18 turns.
Turn 151, 820 AD: Judaism has spread in Chinook.

Most of units unmoved, cities not whipped this turn

Will post the plan next.

According to DW, we don't want to research anything until Ramsy has engineering (3 turns from now) our current research speed is +540 beakers at 100%
That is a 1 turn compass, 2 turns optics and 5 turns education.

Other petty news:
Next GP in 5 turns in Orleans
Edit: And this is the real duration of my turnset
And this is wrong see below post
Traded maps with our two fellows for 45G
Traded deer with Ram for 1G (diplo I guess) and sugar to Bren for 1G (stupid I guess)
Where is our moai site ?

Before DOW (any precaution? condom?)
Oh yes got one: the chariot at East front 1NE

War front West.
T151
3 cata + 3 maces + 2 swords + 2 chariots (1 wounded)+ 2 workers move 1NW of Durnovia
3 maces (2 slightly wounded) + 1 cata follow 1 tile behind
2 cata follow behind
T152
2 cata bombard. Attack with mace, mace, sword (+1 sword if unlucky or if another defender) mace last to take the last defender or guard the city.
other units follow on the city tile.
T153
All units to city and heal
Heathy maces and swords move SE, E, E to assist with the capture of Tolosa on turn
Do we want to pillage the cottages with chariots?
T154>156
Healthy units including all cata (should be 4 total) move 3SE, in position to bombard Bibracte.

War front East.
T151>153
5 cata + 2 swords move SW, SW, S
T154
Bombard (5x8=40 defense less, even with walls?)
T155
Bombard more and wait
T156
Take the city with 2 swords and 2~3 units from West front.

Northern Gorillas
The 2 gorilla warriors should be teleported to 3S1W of Cherbourg, defended by 2 warriors. What to do what to do??

Circasian
Defend the gem tile with a mace (promoted C1) and invest 1h into an archer. Sorry for missclick btw :blush: There are others but you can't see em :lol:
What happens if we move the mace on the second gem? Both garrison will fortify in despair? Or is there a chance one goes camping on the jungle hill?

BagofCum (I swear T_T that's the name of the new city by Brennus)
There are 3 units there: 1 worker 1 chariot and 1 spear.
I suggest razing it swiftly with the maces from Tours and Lyons.

Publishing the city micro :cry: in next post.

Edit I can close borders now with Brennus to see what it does?

:goodjob:, will look at your plan tonight, it'd better to stop 3 turns later when Ram completes Eng, we can decide how to trade Eng that time.

Default build for all cities is wealth.
If growth into unhapiness is occuring, assign 2 merchants.

Paris: C missionary
BTW: one CM infects Grenoble this turn, another gets on the boat, heading to Aryan. The one already on a boat goes to Chartres.

Lyons whips the mace into a temple, then another mace.
Tours whips the mace at size 6 into a CM for Chinok
Rheims whips the mace into a temple, then starts another mace.
The mace will move North to defend Cherbourg. 2 tiles later than the gaelic dudes :(
Marseilles whips the mace into a Catapult, then another mace
Chartres gets infected in 2 turns and starts a CM for Toulouse (Nickname "the pink city" in case you don't know)
Grenoble whips the catapult into a mace, then starts hmm an archer maybe (garrison new cities)
Cherbourg 1 turn into an archer, whip it next turn if threatened :(
Poitier Whip CH
Chinook waits for JM to chop the forge then whip the rest.

Worker micro :sleep::sleep::sleep:

As said earlier, 2 workers will road 1NW of Durnovian before going back to chinook for chopage and gem mining
Other workers near Chinook mine gem, cut forests and farm the jungle.
1 worker on a galley moves to Aryan to help improve the city (sheep<oh yay Duckweed that's why I should have traded sheep not deer :blush: We'll renegociate that one day)
Workers near Paris irrigate Grenoble and Circasian green land.

Oh I'm tired.

Well done, soundjata and well done Duckweed for intervention (for MC for HBR trade termination especially).

I think cats remove 4% when facing walls (90% sure). I read some archers are planned but don't actually get why. Gorilla Warriors :) can kill them easily.

Are we losing food without deer? If we are, we must connect another deer ASAP.

And what is taking Christian AP so long?

Ram has only 1 good productive city and too many wonder choices.:rolleyes: He got TGL in capital and is likely chasing for those Aes, Music, and Theology associated wonders.:lol: Some AI in other continent has a really strong capital #1 city.

Ramesses is currently building 2 wonders:
1 in Thebes
1 in Memphis

You can find this by looking at the espionage screen > Sabotage Production cost. (As I recall from looking last night, these 2 numbers were very high).

You can look through old OSS threads, LTC had the formula detailed out with some calculations as well - to estimate the progress of both wonders.

Diplomacy

Brennus: Construction <-> HBR + cash
Ram: Watch for his cash, SoZ was just built last turn, he might offer something shiny. Pause for comments then.

City build

Let's finish the queued military units and switch to economical building as the troops are enough to take down Brennus. The war with Ram will be ~20 turns away and we can produce some trebs then.

Paris -- UoS(you were not aware what I reminded in previous post, you could finish UoS 1 turn earlier by switching to work on a mine tile)->CT
Orleans -- Stays on Market, 2F2C to 1F3H1C, we need to move a warrior from Paris and a warrior from Rh to Paris to balance the happiness since we might get 1 unhappiness from fighting brothers and sisters
Rh -- Market and forget Mace->CM
Mars -- Whip mace->finish Cat->Market->CH
Lyons -- whip mace->Market
Tours -- Market-> whip at size 7
Chart -- You could spread Chris this turn (unload the worker to Ar 1st, then move the galley to Chart and spead Chris (not sure whether you are aware with this, same about CM8, you could let Galley 1 carry it directly to Ary and unload it, the unit remains the movement point when unloaded in city), send this galley toward west to ship a CM to Ami), starts a CM (for Toul) and hire an eng to finish it in 2 turns->starts another CM without eng->2 pop whip CM->another CM
Cher -- starts a xBow and whip next turn-->1 turn to archer
Chin -- got Jud already, whip forge until Point grows to size 3 and take a Sugar.

When you do the whip, make sure not to whip away citizens which can work on resource tiles

CM8 for Avi and CM9 to Gre
Worker 8 to chop the forest for Cir and 2 workers on Pig goes to mine the gem, worker 2 and 7 irrigate the tiles for Rh and Mars 1NE of the Corn->1S of the Pig.

Not sure why you mentioned 2 workers to road 1NW of Dur since you can only send 1 worker there this turn, there's no need to send another worker next turn, which is a waste of worker turn.

War:

Eastern stack: mace7 should follow, goes SW->SW->SW for safety since Brennus can produce HA to attack

Western stack: After capturing Dur, they should go directly for Bib, it's critical to slow down Brennus research since he is researching Monarchy now.

Stop when Ram has Eng or our 2nd GP is born in Orleans since we need to discuss about the tech trade and religion and civic change

Top Bottom