SGOTM 22 - TTfkapr

Now might be a good time for someone to take over. JJ or Packers should be up next. Both have gone AWOL. So maybe Yyeah might be good to go next.
Sorry, has been busy since last Monday training a team and then following them to a competion. Got back this Monday and needed a day to catch up on regular work. I could play my turn now, or after yyeah since he's more up to speed on how the game is going. I just began reading up on our progress.

EDIT: When I wrote the above, I hadn't noticed yet that yyeah has taken charge of the save. I can play the next turnset then. And sorry for being silent for a week+, but I think I wrote I was going to be away, didn't I?

Sry was off, i play some turns in evening.

Did you played some tests Shulec ?

My suggestions are merely intuitive. I did minimal testing, aimed at checking timing and hammer overflow.

I am happy enough with the plan you had previously outlined.

Played 1 turn.
Darius and Zara have Currency.Should i try beg 20g from Zara and offer it for a peace for Darius . Allso Saladin have Feudalism.
Do we have an outline of your possible plan??
I discribed somewhere ealier.

Can you offer gold for peace with no tech brokering?? Not tried it. 20g is not much. How often do Ai accept 20g for peace?? I would be testing that.

What are we teching? I would be running 100% tax for now. We knew Sal had Feud.

Are you using chariot to scout out for Brennus stack?

Yea 20g is not too much so i didnt do that. But 2 turns after Zaras got 60 and he was friendly with Darius. 60 is ok and, that just in case, hes not plotting against us.
Darius didnt want to make a peace for 50g didnt try 60.
Breennus is hard to say now he like Hannibal too, and he got 2 similar stacks on "our border" and "Hannibal border" it jsut hard to say hope maybe we will have +2 from resources soon and we will be pleased with us so we can beg a little bit of money from him.
We are techin currancy at 80%( eveything is calculated to a single commerce). Now with this 60g from Zara i go 100%.
Nothing special happend i just go forward.

Edit.
1 thing Hannibal settled our Elephant spot.

Pleased does not matter with Brennus. He was not pleased when he went into war mode.

What is in these stacks?? pictures??

60G was much better.

Darius will have additional units arriving. Keep a watch out.

I stoped now.
Spoiler :

Turn 110, 125 BC: The borders of Horse have expanded!
Turn 110, 125 BC: Francis Bacon (Great Scientist) has been born in a far away land!
Turn 110, 125 BC: Christianity has spread in Rome.
Turn 110, 125 BC: Saladin has completed The Hanging Gardens!
Turn 110, 125 BC: Yue-Chi (Barbarian) has been captured by the Ethiopian Empire!!!

Turn 112, 75 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 112, 75 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 112, 75 BC: Zara Yaqob has 60 gold available for trade.
Turn 112, 75 BC: Gilgamesh won't trade Spices

Turn 113, 50 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 113, 50 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 113, 50 BC: Horse can hurry Worker for 1⇴ with 16ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Gilgamesh will trade Gold
Turn 113, 50 BC: Gilgamesh won't trade Crab
Turn 113, 50 BC: Fish city will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Iron city will grow to size 2 on the next turn.

Turn 114, 25 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 114, 25 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 114, 25 BC: Fish city has grown to size 4.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Iron city has grown to size 2.

Darius shown up with quite big stack.
Spoiler :

I think we shouldnt panic this is overall 12 unit stack and they are going for Rome.
We can have 8-9 archers there should be fine.
So i think i should continue with plan.
Fish whip worker in to Galley, choop 2 spies in Rome then Pret, Horse after worker barracks, at size 4 whip another worker, and Prets.

Allso this terrible deal with Brenuss ended this turn so should make diferent deal.
He can probably give us all this resources only for horse, but better if we give him 2 resource so we will have +2 soon i think and he will be pleased.

I want Brennus pleased beocuse we can beg gold from him, he cant DoW on us in 10 turns then and if he is plotting agaist us he will stop doing that.

Waiting for some comments will be playing toomorow in evening, probably.

Edit .
If we decide to go with only 1 spy in galley( then go back for another 1 or 2 if we steal tech) we can be able to steal Col right after GP will born, and we can have mistycyzm and meditation then.
This need to be tested.

Well Darius new stack looks even more depressing. If we have to fend off 12 units in total we could be in trouble. Pends where his stack goes. We need those Praets now!! Do hammers in warriors convert to praets?? Right now I would be moving units from Horse to Rome. Both archers!

This could get ugly. Remember immortals have 50% bonus vs archers. Albeit 60% cultural defences and crossing a river. We should not be too over confident here. Losing 3-4 units would still be a pain.

We have been at war with Darius for nearly 25+ turns now. Hmm.

Looks like Sal could be planning a city near our borders? Stationary LB.

Fact is if we fight off Darius we could next be fighting off Brennus if things go bad. Is this what BSP planned??

If we decide to go with only 1 spy in galley( then go back for another 1 or 2 if we steal tech) we can be able to steal Col right after GP will born, and we can have mistycyzm and meditation then.
This need to be tested.

We need priesthood too. It will take us 8-9 turns to get to the point we can steal CoL.

You mentioned a Brennus stack near our borders. Can you give us an image from a previous save? What was in the stack?

Warriors in the queue turn into spears when we get iron. I would love a spear in Rome when those 6 immortals show up.

We need priesthood too. It will take us 8-9 turns to get to the point we can steal CoL.

You mentioned a Brennus stack near our borders. Can you give us an image from a previous save? What was in the stack?

Warriors in the queue turn into spears when we get iron. I would love a spear in Rome when those 6 immortals show up.

Why PH ?

Brennus have like 4-5 units stack in 2 , couple of chariots, spears, galic warriors, i didnt meent like big stack of untis or sth, what i meent is that he have compereable stacks of units in bouth cities no one big stack so its hard to tell on who he is plotting.

And not 8-9 turns beocuse spy is out next turn and galley is out in 2 turns, so its probably 4 turns when we can steal tech. 2 turns to currancy 1 turn mistycyzm and dont know can we 1 turn meditation too depends on overflow.

Why PH ?

And not 8-9 turns beocuse spy is out next turn and galley is out in 2 turns, so its probably 4 turns when we can steal tech. 2 turns to currancy 1 turn mistycyzm and dont know can we 1 turn meditation too depends on overflow.

PH is a prerequisite for CoL.

It is a monumental waste of EP points to not wait the 5 turns for the the stationary bonus. However, it may be worth it if we think we will lose out on Taoism.

PH is a prerequisite for CoL.

It is a monumental waste of EP points to not wait the 5 turns for the the stationary bonus. However, it may be worth it if we think we will lose out on Taoism.

Same like Currancy witch is 2 turns away.

2 GS were born in last 10 turns, luckly not in Arabian empire becouse he would bulb it instantly i supose.

But anyway we dont know waht GP we will get. If it will be GS better to have option to bulb Philo right away.

Sry buti am not feeling too well today, dont know will i will be playing.
I will see in couple of hours.

Same like Currancy witch is 2 turns away.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

I see, currency is the only prerequisite for CoL, and Mysticism and Meditation are neede for philosophy; PH is not needed.

This meen that to reserch Code of Laws you need Writing and ( Currancy or Priesthood).
And we have Currancy in 2 turns we dont need Priesthood at least not for CoL.

So what is the plan to defend Rome?? Or will he park 8 more units on that forest?

Why don't we just put 2 spies in the galley? Is it safe to leavce spy in city without galley? How good is their detection before alphabet?? He will have no spies?

All Archers to Rome that will be 9, couple of warriors, and after this spy we bulid 1 spear.
Iam thinking what after spear, pret or spy.
When he wipe out hes stack probably he will take peace, but if we bulid pret in Rome we can start stealing some workers. Hmm but i dont think we need them that much now we will have 5 soon for 4 cities its not that bad. Getting GG would be nice.

I writed it Gumbolt why not put 2 spies in Galley, i was expecting answer on this question not another question.

Anyway i will play some turns now.
I dosnt rly matter about this 2nd spy since we will bulid spear in Rome, so this 2nd one will be late and theres no point to wait with galley and 1 spy. Better just move it to trojan.

This sucks, we might loose worker ;/ sry didnt expect that he will cross river, did allso 1 more mistake i bulid warrior instand of spear dont know how i manage to do this but well, what we should reserch next ? I think PH will be good idea since we dont want to steal cheap techs and we will need PH for Monarchy anyway.
This bastard pillage our village.
Well i think i just press end turn for now and we c waht happeds ;p.
I hope he wont move somewhere else.
Barracks rdy in horse, i start to chooping Prets, Galley is going for Trojan with 1 spy, and iam bulding barracks next sice we want to bulid some troops.
Spoiler :

Allright we didnt lost this worker he moved 1NE on hill.
Another 1Immortal and 1 Spear is comming from NW and another 2 Immortals from N.
GSpy was born.
Iam uploading save and passing forward, played 10 turns i belive.

Plan for now is preety streight forward imo choop army thats all.
Saladin is expanding like crazy, everybody are expanding like crazy they have allrdy 2 times more cities then we do.

I think i would even upgrade our warriors.
We need army like fast rly fast.
We have 2 GSpies so techin is not that much importand since we can steal everything.
Spoiler :

Forgot to add i changed our deal with Brennus i gave him Horses and Pigs for Fur,Silver and Wheet.
Heres like no other option we want himm Pleased and we dont have any other resources for trade so...
Spoiler :

Here is your Session Turn Log from 25 BC to 100 AD:

Turn 114, 25 BC: You have trained a Spy in Rome. Work has now begun on a Spy.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Darius I adopts Organized Religion!

Turn 115, 1 AD: You have discovered Currency!
Turn 115, 1 AD: You have trained a Warrior in Rome. Work has now begun on a Aqueduct.
Turn 115, 1 AD: You have trained a Worker in Horse. Work has now begun on a Barracks.
Turn 115, 1 AD: Christianity has spread in Iron city.

Turn 116, 25 AD: You have discovered Mysticism!
Turn 116, 25 AD: You have trained a Worker in Fish city. Work has now begun on a Galley.

Turn 117, 50 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 117, 50 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 117, 50 AD: Rome can hurry Spearman for 1⇴ with 12ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 117, 50 AD: Horse can hurry Barracks for 1⇴ with 22ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 117, 50 AD: Gilgamesh will trade Dye
Turn 117, 50 AD: Zara Yaqob won't trade Cow
Turn 117, 50 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Horse.
Turn 117, 50 AD: You have discovered Meditation!
Turn 117, 50 AD: A Village has been destroyed by a marauding Persian Immortal!
Turn 117, 50 AD: A Hamlet has been destroyed by a marauding Persian Immortal!
Turn 117, 50 AD: A Cottage has been destroyed by a marauding Persian Immortal!

Turn 118, 75 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 118, 75 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 118, 75 AD: Saladin has 5 gold per turn available for trade.
Turn 118, 75 AD: Gilgamesh will trade Corn, Spices
Turn 118, 75 AD: Clearing a Forest has created 24 ℤ for Rome.
Turn 118, 75 AD: Fish city will grow to size 3 on the next turn.
Turn 118, 75 AD: You have trained a Spearman in Rome. Work has now begun on a Aqueduct.
Turn 118, 75 AD: Mark Swiss (Great Spy) has been born in Rome (Julius Caesar)!
Turn 118, 75 AD: Gilgamesh has completed Mausoleum of Maussollos!

Turn 119, 100 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 119, 100 AD: The enemy has been spotted near Rome!
Turn 119, 100 AD: Fish city has grown to size 3.
Turn 119, 100 AD: Horse can hurry Praetorian for 1⇴ with 23ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 119, 100 AD: Gilgamesh has 50 gold available for trade.
Turn 119, 100 AD: Hannibal has 50 gold available for trade.
Turn 119, 100 AD: Hannibal will trade Ivory

Edit.
Its worth to consider stealing Theology,start GA,adopt religion, and sw civics maybe even Police State, but i think this is an option any after Monarchy since only then we will have some :) resources for trade.

Edit 2.
For pps witch dont know what is happening in game or are kind of confused.
I did what i tested ealier beside couple of changes.

Rome
1 turn in to Aqueduct then spy,warrior(sry),spear -> now would be nice to get maybe axe,
this lucky worker after farm chopped 2 forests 3S from Rome ( only forests witch we could choop)
Horse
I choose 1st option since we need this workers big tim so, bulid worker at size 3 then i choped Barraks now Pret -> whip another worker at size 4 in to Pret this city should bulid troops all time.
Fish
whip Granary in to Galley, at size 4 whip worker in to galley( there was no pont for settler since Darius shown up with stack and Hannibal took our Elephants anyway). Now worker is chooping Barracks.
Iron
1 turn in to Granary, now 2spies, worker improoved Iron then he bulid this freaking unlucky road ;p and now hes chooping.

Tech path
Currancy, Mistycyzm, Meditation, now we have PH in 2 turns at 0 %.

Edit 3.
Sry posted wrong ss fixed.

Top Bottom