SGOTM 22 - Xteam

Let us try to make a plan for doing something the next 20 turns and let someone play it. First we need to confirm if we can capture Cumae or not.
Folket, you and leif are the only 2 who have yet to play. The most of the other teams are grouped around us in score. So I am in favor of either you or leif or the 2 of you combined playing another 20 turns to see what happens. There are only 38 days left before the game must be finished. So lets do something, even if it is not optimal.

The problem is generating enough units to reclaim our city, protect our other cities and still meet the requirements for units in the capital. I do not think we can raze our former city.

It is way too early to even think about the capturing that city. We do not have to go after our city. All we need to do is go on the rampage with Preats. If the need is there, then we can plan to capture that city later. But for now we need to get some experience to our new units by destroying his cities. Cats and Preats. Pull back all our archers to a road between Rome and CM.

If no body else want to play, I will take it in 24 hrs. But I would think it is appropriate that another player play next.

I'm busy during the week but can have time in the weekend. i.e. I can do a PPP on Friday and play Sunday.

With longbows abound our only target with Preatorians are probably the homelands of the Celts.

Cats and Praets can take LB's. HA's and Cats can take LB's. The only issue is getting enough grouped together.

The question is whether we should continue, or not?
I think it's not really a spoiler if I tell you that the game turned out to be just a little bit more difficult than expected. The other teams are having a hard time as well. Don't feel discouraged.

I guess the silence means I will take the burden to bring home the loss. I will post a PPP tonight.

I do not think I can make the PPP very detailed as it is a volatile situation. But I hope the team has confidence in letting me play 20 turns and see what happens.

Thinking the silence is a measure of wondering how to proceed and not really knowing what will work.

I have every confidence in your ability to react to whatever situation presents itself during the turn set. Whatever happens, I'm sure you will do better than I would. :)

Thanks, yes, this set will be nervewrecking.

I have full confidence that you can't screw up anything worse I DID! :)

Well, I was one of the voices that was not into rushing Iron working. Now I can't imagine why. Did I miss that tech trading was turned off? I think this is the key misstake. We should have rushed iron working then Monarchy.

PPP
Overall plan
Build cottages, get monarchy, build praetorians.

Diplomacy
Saladin has two resources. But demands 9 gpt. I think it is a close call but I would take the deal and then we can renegotiate when we get wine instead off having him sell to someone else. But team should give feedback on this.

Gilgamesh is planing to attack us or Darius. Most likely us. If I see his stack close to us should I use gifts and ask for help to get a peace treaty?

Research
Research Meditation at 50%. After 5 turns switch to Aesthetics.

Espionage
50% espionage. 100% on Saladin. Steal Priesthood in 5 turns in Gift. Steal Monarchy in Khurasan in 8 turns.

Cities
Caput Mundi changes to a spy, maybe even a second spy, but probably a praetorian. City will try to grow as we will gamble for Monarchy in 9 turns getting us massive happiness.

Neapolis whips a granary in 3 turns. Then produces military.

Rome produces military.

Workers
workers 1 runs away and starts to chop outside of Rome.
worker 2 chops into Caput Mundi
worker 3 builds camps.
worker 4 chops and then chops NW of Neapolis loosing 1 turn before NEapolis borders expand.
worker 5 builds road to Khurasan to enable our spy to get there faster. Then a forest and starts building cottages.
worker 6 chops into Rome.

Military.
Plan is to keep enough archers in Rome. Units SWSW and SWSWS of rome to force Brennus into the open where our Praetorians will slaughter them.

I plan to play 20 turns but I do not know how to write a PPP longer then that as I do not know what will happen.

But my general idea is that we need to gamble for getting Monarchy fast.

PPP
Overall plan
Build cottages, get monarchy, build praetorians.

Diplomacy
Saladin has two resources. But demands 9 gpt. I think it is a close call but I would take the deal and then we can renegotiate when we get wine instead off having him sell to someone else. But team should give feedback on this.

Gilgamesh is planing to attack us or Darius. Most likely us. If I see his stack close to us should I use gifts and ask for help to get a peace treaty?
Sounds good to me.

Research
Research Meditation at 50%. After 5 turns switch to Aesthetics.

Espionage
50% espionage. 100% on Saladin. Steal Priesthood in 5 turns in Gift. Steal Monarchy in Khurasan in 8 turns.
I do have suggestions with respect to teching/espionage.
I know you are going for speed, but Literature requires Poly so I would get Poly not Meditation. I would finish Aesthetics while preparing to steal Poly from Darius. Poly requires about 122 eps with spy stationary for 5 turns. Then research Priesthood (it is the cheapest tech to learn). Then steal Monarchy from Sal (need about 366 eps with spy stationary for 5 turns).

Cities
Caput Mundi changes to a spy, maybe even a second spy, but probably a praetorian. City will try to grow as we will gamble for Monarchy in 9 turns getting us massive happiness.

Neapolis whips a granary in 3 turns. Then produces military.

Rome produces military.

Workers
workers 1 runs away and starts to chop outside of Rome.
worker 2 chops into Caput Mundi
worker 3 builds camps.
worker 4 chops and then chops NW of Neapolis loosing 1 turn before NEapolis borders expand.
worker 5 builds road to Khurasan to enable our spy to get there faster. Then a forest and starts building cottages.
worker 6 chops into Rome.

Military.
Plan is to keep enough archers in Rome. Units SWSW and SWSWS of rome to force Brennus into the open where our Praetorians will slaughter them.
I would not have worker 4 chop the deer, only the other forests.

Overall a good plan and more than enough detail given the situation. :thumbsup:
May the RNG gods smile on you. :help:

Sounds good to me.
Agree.

I do have suggestions with respect to teching/espionage.
I know you are going for speed, but Literature requires Poly so I would get Poly not Meditation. I would finish Aesthetics while preparing to steal Poly from Darius. Poly requires about 122 eps with spy stationary for 5 turns. Then research Priesthood (it is the cheapest tech to learn). Then steal Monarchy from Sal (need about 366 eps with spy stationary for 5 turns).
Agree with this approach..

We'll need to use the slider to gain enough EP's for Sal, 3 plus turns.

Also agree.

Overall a good plan and more than enough detail given the situation. :thumbsup:
May the RNG gods smile on you. :help:
And a haka for best of luck.

Link to video.

Never chop a forested deer!

All else is good to go!

I did mean to chop NNW.

I find that stealing Polytheism waste a lot of turns. I do not think we can afford that. I could research polytheism and steal priesthood if people want that instead.

I find that stealing Polytheism waste a lot of turns. I do not think we can afford that. I could research polytheism and steal priesthood if people want that instead.
Okay, research polytheism and steal priesthood.

Top Bottom