[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Xteam

Congratulations!
Great Job.
Amazing vacation for Frederiksberg :cooool:

I've downloaded your save and will check the points later today.

Apologies again for not following your thread (nor any others) closely.

Didn't you have a question about military points at one time and found the answer?
Can you point me to that?

I would read this
  • Military Ministry: 30 points * population% / 35% + 30 points * Land area % / 60% + 40 points * (destroyed civilization + vassal civilization )/ 8
that intent was limit of 30, 30, 40 points for each of the three areas respectively
but this
(points will be rounded down for each member before being summed up)
says Members; so you score 70 points for population?

Checking other threads, I think you have universal interpretation. Plus I could have said something when discussing scoring before.

Yes there was no indication that that was a limit to each individual part of the equation. The overall points from the Military Politburo member will be rounded down and capped at 100.

So:-

30 points * population% / 35% :- 30 * (82/35) = 70.28
30 points * Land area % / 60% :- 30 * (45/60) = 22.50
40 points * (destroyed civ + vassal civ)/ 8 :- 40 * (8/8) = 40.00

Total of 132.78

Capped at 100

Edit: Glad others saw it the same way!

Last edited:
'K thanks

I calculated same values for your scores.
You met 420 requirement.
And currently have the submitted win with the earliest finish date. ;) I like how you ended right at 1000 AD.
The Millennials

Thanks, good to hear that we interpreted the rules the right way.

We will enjoy our temporary first place :king: but be happy for 3rd. Let's see what the Suspects can do to take it away from us. I looked at the saves of the other teams and it seems like Home Slices and Phoenix are going for religious victories while Suspects are going for conquest (or cultural, but that seems unlikely).

I think we underestimated the power of the cultural espionage mission (To be honest, I was hoping not to have to deal with learning these mechanics. But as usual the SGOTM requires a lot of fancy strategies). We could also have optimized our game a bit by using city gifting and recapture to induce capitulations. We did things rather old school by simply eliminating all AI's except Roosevelt.

In general it seems that all teams have done more or less the same. Early aggression to capture nearby cities, early HA's taking the war to the AI capitals in the western part of the continent. I think we are the only team who had to fight a 20 unit stack like the one Bismarck built in Tsingtao. I know we are the only team that used the GProphet for an immediate Golden Age and I also don't see any other team building The Globe Theater like we did. All teams have built Kremlin fairly early but it seems that Suspects are not really taking advantage of this. Currently they are slow building Intelligence Agencies that could be whipped. I'm pretty sure that all teams are using fail gold to fuel research but we are probably going to be the only team that completed 3 tech eras.

Thanks to the map maker and organizers. I think the map was very creative with lots of good elements. The bomber introduced a new type of warfare and the early access to spy Wonders and spy technology allowed for exploration of this part of the game. It's a shame that there wasn't more support for play testing because the game could have been even better with some balancing. The AI's could have been given better land. They turned out to be extremely weak as soon as their "Chinese" cities were captured. In particular with the advantage of the bomber. Maybe the AIs should have been given Communism (State Property) as well so that they could better afford distant cities and become more valuable trading partners. And the Americans never managed to expand in our game because of the barb presence in North America. They did, however, move the palace which I find interesting. Haven't sen the AI do this before.

Last edited:
Congratulations!
Great Job.
Amazing vacation for Frederiksberg :cooool:

I've downloaded your save and will check the points later today.

Yes, Chiang Mai is a nice place and the best place to experience crazy water fights during the Songkran holiday. Try Googling Chiang Mai and Songkran and you will see what I'm talking about.

Yes, Chiang Mai is a nice place and the best place to experience crazy water fights during the Songkran holiday. Try Googling Chiang Mai and Songkran and you will see what I'm talking about.
That's what I did when I read your post about Ultimate and water fights.

Thanks for the analysis. I was disappointed that America didn't expand. Giving those barbarians each a longbow was a mistake and renaming their cities was a waste of time.

while Suspects are going for conquest (or cultural, but that seems unlikely).

We missed that Roosevelt could be capitulated without Astro. Then we left too much to play on the last day, and made some civic switch-mistakes and built more spies than we needed.

built Kremlin fairly early but it seems that Suspects are not really taking advantage of this

We got behind in our game .... Folket played an 18 hour marathon on the last day to finish it up. He did a great job, but you just can't play a clean game that way.

We missed that Roosevelt could be capitulated without Astro. Then we left too much to play on the last day, and made some civic switch-mistakes and built more spies than we needed.

We got behind in our game .... Folket played an 18 hour marathon on the last day to finish it up. He did a great job, but you just can't play a clean game that way.

Well done finishing the game under these circumstances!

@Frederiksberg @leif erikson

Hey eXTeam, please :please: be a team again!
SG is more fun with real competition.
I'm never going to be competitive against the Home Slices and Phoenix Rising players. They have amazing battles for first place. :hatsoff:
The competition between U Suspects and XTeam is also thrilling. We have a chance of maybe sometime beating you or at least giving you someone to beat.

Right now we have
Unusual Suspects: deckhand, kcd_swede, Folket
XTeam: Cactus Pete

3 vs 3 "works for me" :trophy3rd:

Top Bottom