[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Xteam

I stopped because it was getting late and because I wasn't completely sure how much of a delay to our victory the rule change means. Key is to calculate the number of points using an estimate of the number of culture points we will get by completing the spread culture mission for the remaining spies. If we cant get Versailles within two turns this is probably the way to go and we don't need to worry about getting more points from culture or manipulating the AP vote bu giving away cities. It's getting late again here in Chiang Mai and I'm exhausted after two days of playing ultimate and participating in the Songkran water madness. If you like to participate in a city-wide water fight this is the place to be...

The GArtists have already set of the cultur bombs in Spy City to seed it with 12000 culture. Each spy mission provides 5% additional culture. This is how I see the total culture we have. Simply multiply the yield of the next mission by 20.

I will be back tomorrow with some calculations and suggestions for how to get across the goal line.

I don't think we can see it directly before we recapture the city. But the amount of culture fits expectations. We should be able to reach around 45K points.

I was down with food poisoning yesterday, but now I have had another look at where we are.

Here is my best estimate of our score after T108 is completed:

Culture Ministry: 31 (35K (Already in Spy City) + 9K (From 5 extra missions) + 3K (from other cities) ~ 47K)
Diplomacy Ministry: 50 points (With AP, but not eligible for AP victory)
Civil Ministry: 97 with Bismarck, Caesar and Churchill eliminated.
Military Ministry: 100 points
Science Ministry: 42 points with Medieval era
Construction Ministry: 100 ( 4 NW+ 21 WW )
---------------------------------------------------------------
Total 420

As you see there is no margin and if only 4 out of the remaining 7 spy missions are successful we will most likely be one point short. Manipulating the AP election is not easy because Roosevelt is only likely to accept 3 cities as gifts due to the fact that his capital is on a different land mass and currently we have no option of getting a 2nd vassal since Churchill is not talking. My suggestion is that we go on as planned but wait with DOW'ing Bismarck until we know for sure that we have enough culture points. Extra points could be gained by an additional spy mission. In other words the plan is to finish the spy culture spread missions, capture Ravenna and Nottingham and then stop to do the final calculation.

Turn report:

Romans are still alive!!!

But we should be able to take their last city next turn.

T108: Complete spy mission. First five spies all successful. We should now have at least 9K extra culture in Spy City. Attack Ravenna. Revolt is succesdful. First two units die, the rest win and we capture the city .... but the nearby barb city has flipped!!! This means that Caesar has an additional city. Move all available forces there. We are up against a single longbow but this means a delay of one turn. Thus we should postpone the attack on Bismarck to next turn also and get in an extra culture spread mission. Air strike Nottingham and attack with treb. Then throw knights against the city until it is captured. Churchill is eliminated. Micro cities for spy points.

>>SAVE<<

So our victory is delayed by one turn. Even with a second longbow in Caesars last city we should be able to take it with 2 cho-ko-nu's, 3 knights and an archer. It leaves time to do an additional culture spread mission thus giving us an error margin of one point. Please check the save and do your own calculations of the point score. You can assume that Spy City has 44K culture points and unless we are really unlucky another mission next turn will add 2K.

Plan going forward is very simple (T109):

• Do one more culture spread mission in Spy city.
  • Capture last Roman city (Use a cho-ko-nu as first attacker if a 2nd LB appears)
  • Capture Spy City
  • Capture Munich with bomber support.

Done!

Conquest victory for China 1000 AD.

>>SAVE<<

Final point count:

Culture Ministry: 33 (50.554 points in our 3 best cities)
Diplomacy Ministry: 50 points (With AP, but not eligible for AP victory)
Civil Ministry: 98 (First in all ranks except one)
Military Ministry: 100 points
Science Ministry: 42 points with Medieval era (3 eras)
Construction Ministry: 100 ( 4 NW+ 21 WW )
---------------------------------------------------------------
Total 423

Traded maps with Roosevelt so you might want to take a look at the save and see what North- and South America looked like.

Now we must wait and see if Suspects can beat us. It's probably going to be a close battle for 3rd place.

Top Bottom