SID on pangaea

ignas

kunigaikstis
We've won playing archipelago, we've won playing continents. Now we will win on pangaea ;).

Game settings:
large map (pangaea, warm, wet, 5 billion year old)
10 AI's (no civs starting with alphabet; 3scientific AI's; minimal agression)
barbarians non existing
SGL's on
our civ: Sumeria (scientific and agricultural)

The 3rd generated start gave a cattle on a river, after exploring a bit another grassland cow is spotted.

I've played 20 turns. Not much to tell:

Alphabet started at max (we will get it a bit faster than in 50 turns)

Worker irrigated and roaded a cow, mined and roaded bg, now is cutting the forest.

Capital built enkidu, settler, enkidu and now building a granary.

Sumer was founded in 3200BC near other cow on a river and is building a worker.

In 3050BC we've met Germans. They are 3 techs up (WC,CB,Masonry) but lack pottery. They have 29 gold in the bank.

Roster:

I.Larkin
THERat
Open
Open
ignas

Mumpulus mentioned he skips this attempt so one or two players are welcome to join!!

Attachments

• sumeria promising 3000BC.JPG
    sumeria promising 3000BC.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 730
  • sumeria promising 3000bc.SAV
    106.9 KB · Views: 235
lurker's comment: I'm just signing in to watch this one play out. Best wishes and a great start.

checking in...we need two more brave souls here

As for the tech race, I would have gone for alpha on mimimum to amass gold, but the AI would demand that away, so doesn't matter.
Are we going for maths and SoZ?

Of course we are going to settle forward and fill our land later on.

Of course growth (workers, settlers, granaries) is priority in first 80 turns.

We might go for GL in this one; also Statue of Zeus would be good..

Germany is very agressive AI so we should keep an eye on them.

Lurker's Comment- Good luck and enjoy the game. Although I do think the Title looks very forbidding ;)

I tried Sid a few times with Sumeria, got whacked all the time :lol:

You can't get enough Deity/Demi God Players these days.

Psst,take me :lol:

DOS (declaration of subscription)

I'm willing to join if you'll have me. I've never beaten SID but should do ok. Ivan know's me, we've played some SGOTM's together.

I'd let the worker finish the chop, then improve in straight line west. The worker from Sumer should go to forrest to help granary. I also would have set alpha to 10% should only be 2-3 turns but save lot's of gold.

Lurker:

I think you have to set it 20% at the start as 10% won't do anything.

Don't think that we will have chanses for TGL. Also Germans is a major problem, they produces Archers a lot at early stage.
I think we should continue Alpha at Max, then buy it as cash permits and continue on Max with borrowing money. (But things depend on neighbors).

I'm willing to join if you'll have me. I've never beaten SID but should do ok. Ivan know's me, we've played some SGOTM's together.
I'd finish worker the chop, the improve in s straight line west. The worker from Sumer should go to forrest to help granary. I also would have set alpha to 10% should only be 2-3 turns but save lot's of gold.
Nerovats welcome. I remember you played SID AW SG. All failed, but you got an experience. Did you get your shape back?
Don't think that workers transfer is a good idea. What all think about poprush after cut?

Didn't play for about a year or so, but started again a couple of weeks ago. Haven't tried SID yet but seems like I didn't forget much, so should be in good shape for this. Looks like this is better team then the SID AW team, and you all have experience winning SID.

Not sure what youy mean with worker transfer. I intend to improve all the tiles. Should be 1st priority to get SF's running. Won't poprush give too much unhappiness on SID? There are 2 forrests we can chop.

If we want SoZ or GLib we should plan a city for that, don't see a good location for it yet.

Really have nothing to say about.
0. hit enter
1. go next
2. trade Pottery (Germany agrees to pay 30)
3. Meet Egyptians, they well ahead but don’t know Alpha. Forest cut done.
4. Pain to calculate to get Granary turn before growth. Slow down food.
5. Inca scout come. They also well ahead but don’t know Alpha.
6. Granary ready and we have 4 turns SF
7. zzz
8. Worker finishes second Cow.
9. Settler ready and I send him East. To send west better to have road first.
10. Al 3 AIs have all techs we can see, but Alpha. Can’t decide about next City, may be N, to share Cow?
Future plans:
At some stage we may want second Granary. But now we have to keep balance between City sizes and need some workers from Sumer. We need Dot map. It is hard to find more good location. It is risky to settle West as Germany may remember aggression tendency.
Also it is better to have excessive Workers and have Road Network BEFORE Cities are placed for Settlers to travel faster.

Attachments

• Sid_pandea_2550BC.Sav
    134.5 KB · Views: 220
have not opened the save yet. Someone to create a dot map? I still prefer to expand west. As long as we have some units ocvering and as long as we don't settle too close to Germany, we should be fine. Of course, this could go wrong quickly, but we never know.

I will play once there is a nice dotmap

Defenetly next settler will go west. But I have no good idea where.

If I didn't feel disoriented by opening a save multiple times in the middle of a game, I'd feel tempted by this one. What VC do you guys have in mind? I know... just win... but still. If you guys build SoZ, I'd think you'll face pikes with AC and soon enough muskets. You also have to figure the *size* of a Sid-level SoD (I haven't played Sid, but I've seen enough to know this as an important factor). Would you have enough AC to do all that much? If you guys haven't seen any, here's a SID pangea game from a while back http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=108916

Welcome nerovats.

I will make a dotmap and post it in a few hours.

If you guys build SoZ, I'd think you'll face pikes with AC and soon enough muskets. You also have to figure the *size* of a Sid-level SoD (I haven't played Sid, but I've seen enough to know this as an important factor). Would you have enough AC to do all that much? If you guys haven't seen any, here's a SID pangea game from a while back http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=108916

Of course we won't be attacking just with AC's.
The size of AI SoD's will be similar as in our last game on continents. It is almost the same, just the tech pace is faster on pangaea.

Here is my "poor version" of DM. We are Agri, so settle near frresh water is a priority at Despotism. Unfortunatly not many good dots for that. I painted it red and green center is "first prioriy." It is nice to settle at hills Red -pink.
Problem is a "gap in between" and "target " for Germany. Also some blues to fill gaps. But it is a preliminary version.

Attachments

• DM 2550 BC.jpg
    DM 2550 BC.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 703
if you settle on the one full plains square near the ivory, you can allow ships to move on/to either side of the peninsula. Depending on the rest of the land form that can save many, many ship turns. it is worth the reduction in land tiles for the convenience.

Top Bottom