Siege warefare?

Astaldo711

Warlord
First, why does is seem that whenever someone declares war on me, they're all the way over on the other side of the map? It happens so early sometimes that I don't have open borders with everyone and it takes forever to get over there?
Anyway, on to my real question. It seems like many ancient battles became sieges to stave the enemy into submission. Is anything like this possible in Civ IV? I've had instances where I'd wipe out all but one city of an enemy. I surround the city with my forces, I can see :yuck: and :mad: but nothing else seems to happen.

I'm not sure what you're asking here? Health causes the cities to lose food, and unhappiness decreases the number of tiles that they can work. Those two combinined with enemies surrounding the city will most likely put the city into starvation and it's population will decrease(the AI will probably be whipping in units as well).

By doing this, would it cause the civ to surrender any sooner, or does it make no difference? If they're down to 1 in population, starving, etc. would this be a factor for the AI to quit? I know I could easily take the town over, but I've always enjoyed a good siege.:D

It makes no difference for surrender but choking can really keep an AI from producing anything of substance, making the inevitable catapults kill it easily.

Anyway, on to my real question. It seems like many ancient battles became sieges to stave the enemy into submission. Is anything like this possible in Civ IV? I've had instances where I'd wipe out all but one city of an enemy. I surround the city with my forces, I can see :yuck: and :mad: but nothing else seems to happen.

To do this, you have to decide if the added turns of war weariness is worth it to you. Instead of attacking that last city, it may take turns upon turns for that city to drop to size 1. Instead of ending the war and working off your war weariness, you are just accumulating more.

Top Bottom