SimCity 5

I already stopped reading NerfNow a while ago :lol:

I don't think there is really a reason why he became a major character...

But I judge the game by how I think it will be after a few patches.

You obviously have terrible judgement.

EA EULA said:
You agree that Origin Download Manager may automatically download and install additional features that EA deems reasonable, beneficial to you and/or reasonably necessary.
In addition to information that you give Origin directly, Origin periodically collects information ... If you do not agree to this collection and use of information, do not install or use Origin Download Manager.
Your rights under this License will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice from EA if (i) you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this License; or (ii) EA ceases to support Origin Download Manager.
Section 2 (Consent to Collection and Use of Data) of this License shall survive termination or expiration of this License for any reason.

So ... can I trust EA to be reasonable?
... my rights terminate immediately and without notice
... their rights survive any and all termination

This time ... this time EA won't behave badly. :goodjob:

SimCity ... here I come! :nuke::crazyeye::nuke:

Yeah, $20 Day One "Digital Deluxe" is a pretty big hint at that. At the very least that "exclusive" content will be made available to everyone to purchase later.

I hate myself for this but I caved and bought the deluxe edition. >_>

Goddammit, at least with the Sims they had the courtesy to keep it single player and allow you to not login to your user account whatever instead of turning it into an MMO.

But the gazillions of DLC... Sims 3 also has a store where you can buy new stuff like furtniture and hairstyle and all that, so I'm afraid we'll get something similar for SimCity now: buy a super powerful police station, only $2! Buy the Subway Station pack, only $5! Or get our Modern Parks pack, only $10 and get the Big Zoo building free along with it!

I bet Sims 4 won't.

Part of me says they learned their lesson from The Sims Online but this is EA Games we're talking about.

Spoiler :

Ooooo, which server should I choose :confused:

... I sense a disturbance in the force
... as though millions of simoleons cried out all at once
... then were silent

Attachments

• Simcity Worldwide Server List.jpg
    Simcity Worldwide Server List.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 256
  • Better with Friends.jpg
    Better with Friends.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 35
Hey EA, real quick question here: why the hell would you put so much of the game on your servers? It's effing SimCity, for crying out loud. Way to whack yourself in the head with a shovel! I'm so glad I didn't spend all that money on a pre-order.

I bet Sims 4 won't.

I can imagine it now.

"With Sims 4, play as a family with your friends! :eek: Each person controls a pre-created person in a pre-created house! :eek: Don't worry that you can't create your own person or house, the game's still the same! :eek: We'll allow you to play different people in different houses with different DLC! :eek: Finally play the Sims as an MMO in an interconnected world with others, the way it was meant to be played!"

Read some reviews. Sounds like it's overall a nice game, albeit fairly complex with its economics. So, that'll be the main issue if one wants that or a more simple sim like the old ones. As one review put it, old SimCity was a command economy that didn't really have any economic issues your government couldn't deal with, whereas the new one has it very possible for minor incidents to cause a downward spiral.

I'll probably get it a few months from now; have bought a lot of games lately. I think I'll find it fun; while some folks were saying it's terrible to me it just sounds like the usual EA hate. I liked RA3, and coming from a fandom that's regularly subjected to the "anything new they make is terrible" critique, I'm willing to give this a shot.

The internet thing's not a problem for me. Biggest issue will be inability to play when they inevitably make a sequel. Ah well, company's gotta make money somehow. :dunno:

Yeah I'm still considering getting it when (and if) it's considerably cheaper and server problems aren't a nuisance. EA don't discount all that heavily though, and still rip off Aussies, so it might be a while!

I've had good luck and have played consistently for the most part, really like it so far :)

@Sonic

Downward spiral is definitely one way to put it. In the matter of a 'day' I have a meteor strike --> fires --> death --> loss of lots of buildings/life --> slowly bring everything back.

Pretty much the worst things that can happen are disasters that strike your services (hospitals/police/fire station) while you've used your bonds. If you can't take out a new bond you can't rebuild any service and that equals quick chaos.

Very fun to try and come back from though ;)

Top Bottom