Simplify, with Simpletron(tm)!

toh6wy

Emperor
:rotfl: I can't take credit for finding this gem, as it came up in another forum I visit, but it is so funny I almost cried while laughing the first time I read it, and it makes me laugh every time I read it.

That page was purple! :lol:

Bartleby said:
That box was purple.

But but but... isn't "was" a verb? And the only verbs you are allowed to use are biking and being. So wouldn't it be "That box being purple" ? And he didn't not include conjunctions. So many conjunctions!
It was funny, but sorry, I had to be a jerk.

jguy100 said:
But but but... isn't "was" a verb? And the only verbs you are allowed to use are biking and being. So wouldn't it be "That box being purple" ? And he didn't not include conjunctions. So many conjunctions!
It was funny, but sorry, I had to be a jerk.

Well, "was" is a form of "to be"... but otherwise you're right. :) However, I think if he had mentioned all of those conjunctions and prepositions etc. that it would just have made it less funny.

"The Compass is broken. There's a witch. We're gonna Die out here in these woods."

Becomes:

"Just bike east on Johnson."

:rotfl:

The following statistics were printed in the magazine Russian Life, all in a row and in the same order as below. Draw your own conclusions...
95%: number of Russian schools not in compliance with fire regulations
15,000,000: Russian schoolchildren in 2001
5,000,000: Russian schoolchildren estimated in 2007

becomes:

the following math was being in Johnson.
7: boxes without math
7: sticks in an hour
7: sitcks next hour

"all your base are belong to us"

All your boxes be ours

double post

All of our usernames become: "Johnson"
I would go nut trying to find a particular person!

Top Bottom